Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Salutations MuleSkinner,

Although i’ve done my best searching for an exact date i can only provide references as these:

“2009 Political Declaration and Action Plan on drugs”

Because Canada is a signatory of these 3 UN treaties criminalizing production & possession of “non-medical” cannabis:

1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs
1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances
1988 Convention Against Illicit

And the objectives are going to be reviewed at the 62nd session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, in 2019.

For a hint what’s to expect lets just have a hint from a former UN secretary-general:

« Stigmatizing and sending drug users to prison has prevented many from seeking medical treatment, In what other areas of public health do we criminalize patients in need of help? » (Cofi Annan, 2016-Feb-24)

Now take note according to this Peace Nobel laureate the “stoner$”/“droÿé$” « NEED HELP »…

Probably similar to the era of opium sex slavery/trafficking for women and children during the Victorian age, now called the “World Drug Problem” at the United Nations.

Canadian laws are made coherent with those treaties, which is why it’s turning so insane recently, while “légalization” starts to show its true colours: a full palette fo Crimson Red, if one asks me.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

4 Likes

I’m not sure why, but this smells a little fishy to me?

THIS EX-COP ONCE COMPARED LEGALIZING WEED WITH MURDER. NOW HE’S HELPING PATIENTS ACCESS MEDICAL MARIJUANA

4 Likes

Wow, this story is rapidly spreading.
Hysterical hyperbole, in my estimation.
Conclusion is, at best, premature and unsubstantiated.

Interesting coverage.

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/baby-boy-marijuana-overdose-death-doctors-claim-article-1.3637939

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/11/16/doctors-claim-babys-2015-death-was-caused-by-marijuana-overdose.amp.html

2 Likes

it’s going to be like the opium wars all over again

2 Likes

The international drug treaties are an interesting complication! It’s funny, here in the US as state after state legalizes we just don’t talk about the treaties any more. Obviously we’re signed up for all the same treaties as Canada.

I guess the US blows off treaties when it wants to, and then whines when other countries do it. just look at cluster bombs, chemical weapons, nukes, CO2 emissions, etc.

3 Likes

Salutations LegalCanada,
Salutations MuleSkinner,

Yep! As if such matters were anything like brand new… Collectively the Canuck people should point a finger at a most contemplative/self-serving mass-media press for contributing to this whole mess, unable to recognize it’s own moral faults but still determined to make a dime on that of others!

Indeed, it’s how the “enemy” manages to gain momentum & power while avoiding our democratic institutions. The recent “Loi #44” of Lucie Chalebois in Québec importing from the 2014 COP6/FCTC event held in Russia is a striking example.

Remember this event below?

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2014/27560/congress-calls-president-obama-use-authority-reclassify-marijuana/
The Daily Chronic: Congress Calls on President Obama to Use His Authority to Reclassify Marijuana (2014-Feb-12)​

It’s because USA laws are actually required to be made coherent with the UN treaties as well, though there’s a significant difference compared to Canada which is a confederation since 1867.

Even better:

Blumenauer, Botticelli @31:10

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2Hdi17gGQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=2217 ]
Botticelli, Cohen @ 36:57​

Earl Blumenauer, my hero from USA!!

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2017/11/08/rep-blumenauer-launches-pot-committee-target-anti-marijuana-lawmakers/842138001/

:clap:

Although Québec as a province cannot exercise as much autonomy as an American state it once had complete “compétence” in the matter starting with the “Loi de Pharmacie” revision of 1890 as approved by the British Crown (our country was a “dominion” back then)… The UNILATERAL TRANSFER to Ottawa of this field of authority only came later with the “mysterious” national ban performed by Henri-Sévérin Béland, a brave Liberal federalist, politician and doctor (!) who Justin Trudeau done his best to never mention so far…

These circumstances get even more complicated considering we now have federalists at both governement levels and hence Couillard’s Liberals done all it could in order to support the united Canada utopia… M’well, as far as i’m concerned anyway. Which explains the distortions since the international ban was nothing but a chimeric political creature born in 1925 with the Geneva Opium Convention of February 19 exactly - a treaty clearly targeting “Indian Hemp”/“Cannabis Sativa L.” - where the simple word “child” is totally absent, by the way.

Somehow « In The Name Of Children », nonetheless!.. :confused:

If that were the actual case USA would have removed cannabis from schedule 1 which defines it as having no medical value whatsoever, while in Canada constitutional rights garantee reasonable access for medical motives (and yet having no DIN number exposes it to over-taxation: e.g. double standards)!

That reminds me the strange distinction between alcohol sold in drugstores that comes with additives meant to prevent its oral consumption while 94 % pure alcohol sells at the SAQ sells for a ridiculously inflated price. As a matter of fact i needed to safely clean solder residues in my bronze pipe recently and found out that reasonably safe solvants as acetone are banned just because these are also used for “illicit” extracts… Denying the rights of the many to serve the sickening ideologies of a few on our Canuck land.

:unamused:

It seems to me with the UN repeatedly failing our human race it’s only a matter of time before the relentless drive for money accumulation (among other uncontrolled forces) eventually end ups bringing mankind to the edge of extinction - if it’s not already too late.

So lets have a few tokes enjoying the view while it’s still time! :pensive:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

4 Likes

shrooms!

6 Likes

Oh, god i hope so. It is a pain getting them regularly here. Not that i do, that would be illegal. I just heard through a friend that it was. :grin:

5 Likes

Ignorance and overzealousness are a truly despicable combination.

I hope this couple prevails with their lawsuits.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/19/couple-says-police-detained-them-after-mistaking-hibiscus-plants-for-marijuana.amp.html

4 Likes

How little training and respect do you have to have to treat people that way and make that bad of a mix up?

4 Likes

have to wonder if the cops and/or insurance company had a pre-existing beef with these people.

A lot of times people that advocate for lower property taxes or anything the cops don’t like get this kind of treatment. Hibiscus doesn’t look anything like cannabis either, not even close. Western PA seems like a frightening place.

I recently saw a report documenting the fact that black people are arrested at 8 times the rate of whites in PA! That is apartheid. The MJ laws basically exist only for black people in PA.

5 Likes

M’yep!

I like to call this:

Cultural Genocide.

:expressionless:

5 Likes

Splendid Isolation! I also may never experience a “legal grow” being in Texas. Like you, that doesn’t change anything for me. I need my medicine and I don’t want to depend on anyone else to have the kind of herb I require. Onward, through the Fog!

7 Likes

Now I understand why my father always said “Canadians squat to pee”

Justine TURDeau,
Of course he sits down to tinkle. Standing to piss is now considered “toxic-masculinity” in Canada

3 Likes

Ha! Your dad doesn’t watch a lot of hockey I guess.
He’s not far off tho.
It’s the government-subsidized college in Canada. Every kid gets a free 3-year-liberal-brainwashing that includes forced “gender studies” and “white privilege” classes.
Lot of hard MF’ers up here too. Where I live has snow 6 months a year, brotha :snowman2:

4 Likes

Whoa! @Scissor-Hanz! Too much snow for a Texas boy. You gotta be hard to live in that North Country! My old Dad had a way with words and they never made any sense! One Love!

1 Like

Yes, I think that has to be true.
No Cop could be stupid enough to mistake hibiscus for cannabis.
Probably?

Hibiscus leaf.

4 Likes

that’s what I’m sayin! You could understand if they had a grove of Japanese maples or something…

2 Likes

well it is serated … i can definitely see the confusion !

lol clearly the insurance investigator was just pissed off they were making a claim but i wonder what the polices beef with them was. maybe the chief was a spurned lover still jealous

1 Like

In all likelihood, the abused couple will obtain a fat settlement (or two) out of court.
Assuming the facts, as reported, are true.

1 Like