Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

3 Likes

Doesn’t really make much sense in a d9 legal state; except from a money chasing perspective.

I used to think d8 was just a scam — just a legal loophole to sell imitation D9.

But then I read an article on pediatric cancer patients, receiving delta8thc as an anti-emetic. Every single child, 100%, had stopped puking, with none of the intoxicating effects of delta 9.

7 Likes

ETA;

I have noticed many more articles regarding the increasing popularity of Delta8 THC.

Must be time to make it against the law… ?

3 Likes

Finally, looks like we are moving to Mexico

6 Likes
3 Likes

Mexico marijuana: Top court decriminalises recreational use of cannabis Mexico marijuana: Top court decriminalises recreational use of cannabis - BBC News

2 Likes
8 Likes

You gotta love how corrupt it is this early into the game. If nothing else convinces you to grow your own this should. If they’re willing to lie about something so stupid and petty what else are they willing to omit or lie about? I may not ever know the THC percentage of anything I grow for sure but I at least it I know exactly what did and didn’t go in it.

6 Likes

Well, I agree. I never had any interest in wondering about the THC percentage of the flowers I grow.The proof of a particular flower’s worth is in the puff. If it provides you with your desired high, why worry about THC percentage?
Lab provided THC analysis being manipulated as a marketing tool is not surprising.
The simple solution is to just grow your own flowers.

6 Likes

I admit I’m curious but at the end of the day I’ve had 28% weed that could have been 16% and vice versa. It’s more that by lying about the percentage you’ve proven to me that you are a liar, so when you certify there’s no heavy metals, mold, or pesticides detected I know you already lied about something as stupid as THC level so why wouldn’t you lie about anything else that cuts into your profits.

Leave it to corporate weed to scumify what should be a straightforward process.

7 Likes

I have never, and will never visit any dispensary.
I have been self-sufficient since well before the days of the original OG. I can’t remember the last time I bought any weed.

10 Likes

People have been saying this for years. Test inflation has only benefits to both the labs and the pot producers/sellers. It needs to be regulated, at least at a state level until we get federal legalization, using the same types of testing protocols used in every other type of chemical safety testing.

All of that said, I think that tests done at a specific lab and within a specific window of time should be roughly comparable, even if they’re goosed a little higher. That is, unless the labs are giving submissions the choice of paying more for higher results. That would be harder to hide, so I doubt many (any?) are doing that.

In very few cases does “bigger = better,” yet that seems to be common human misperception.

My limited time seeing the sausage being made in licensed medical pot production told me all I needed to know. Since then, I have not and will not buy weed again, “regulated” or not.

This is a really good link from that article about lab testing. The professor whose mobile lab does this testing has found some really interesting results.

And here’s a lecture by the same guy summarizing all of the latest research about cannabis, THC and CBD
(skip to the 10min mark or so to avoid all the intro):

5 Likes

“This contradictory and unstable state of affairs strains basic principles of federalism and conceals traps for the unwary though federal law still flatly forbids the intrastate possession, cultivation, or distribution of marijuana…the Government, post-Raich, has sent mixed signals on its views.”

5 Likes

Thats because at state level they want the tax dollars, at fed level they want the pharmaceutical cartel money going into their bank accounts and keep their buddies happy.

8 Likes

:clap:

3 Likes

I like the way he ended his statement.

A prohibition on intrastate use or cultivation of marijuana may no longer be necessary or proper to support the Federal Government’s piecemeal approach.

• Justice Thomas
3 Likes

I’ll never forget the Howard Stern parody of Clarence Thomas, politically incorrect now but funny as shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilhTe4HQzho

2 Likes

Camping with cannibas: Harrison campground welcomes weed

Camp Laughing Grass provides a cannabis friendly summer destination for patrons 21 and over.

https://www.pressherald.com/2021/06/22/camping-with-cannibas-harrison-campground-welcomes-weed/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Maine+Cannabis+Report&utm_campaign=Maine+Cannabis+Report+June+28,+2021

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes