Can't use high ppm

How close are you running the light? Looks to be only toward the tops, am I correct?

Did you face any issues in veg or until the 3 week of flower?

4 Likes

just on a single strain, blueberry muffin, but it starts smelling strong in week 2. i figured that was a K issue. terps = K from what I understand.

2 Likes

the last ones are the most severe. i have a second tent that has more, but those are okish…a couple had issues. one did not have much of any. it’s a great plant. the first was looking super green until this last week.

1 Like

it happens the worst on fruity smelling strains…not sure if that’s a red herring nor not, but that’s the case so far.

1 Like

try leaving water out for 48 hours before mixing in nutes. i was always taught not to include my tap water in my ppm feed if plants need 200 and my water is 150 i feed them 350. my full dose of jacks comes up to about 1450 including my 140 water. i dilute it down for certain strains though

those buds look nice hope u can figure it out before anything happens to them.

3 Likes

Yes I would agree with leaving your tap water out for at least 24 hours to get the chlorine out tap water usually runs about 250 to 170 ppm.
Question did you ever let them dry out a lot after feeding them higher ppm, although bro I would say your pretty good don’t overthink IT (K.I.S.S) a little burn nothing to beat yourself up about.
looks to me a lil potassium over juiced.
What the max ppm your running.

2 Likes

Also nitrogen will rob you of your flavor.
On a 8-9 week strain at about day 30 start knocking the N down .,:call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

i probably put like 550 total or so on them. i used to do the over night thing, but stopped after having some success without it.

the top one was a good one, i’ve been cloning that one a bit. the bottom ones are missing a lot of leaves. it’s looks better than it did. also, the buds on those two bottom ones are some of the worst bud i have grown. my bro gave me two cuts and I know one wasn’t good…i thought the other was ok, but they don’t have a lot resin to offer.

i use the koolbloom liquid at like 1/2 strength, then top off with bloom nutes. later, i do the full strength koolbloom dry and top off with bloom nutes. it’s not a lot of N…at least it doesn’t seem like it.

yes. they have about 25 inches from the closest leaves/flowers.

Kool bloom dry is hot less is more.
Mix your micros first then base and the additives… dilute to desire ppm. I wouldn’t go higher 1200ppm " I max out at 1000ppm".
Burn happen after the dry … Is my guess .?

im going 500 though. that’s the issue. i don’t understand getting burns at 500.

Pk ratios to high… what medium/soil
are you using?

What’s the run off?

1 Like

perlite. it’s hempy. pretty standard.
it will be a bit before i can check run off, but it’s usually not too high.

1 Like

I’m confused @splinter7 as my response was addressing how you can run higher ppm without issues. With @BudBusterPro i’ve gotten my feed up to 150% normal mix because of how it helps plants metabolise.

1 Like

I just think it was the dry Kool bloom it happens that stuff is real hot I use to use now. That and monster bloom . Again very hot less is more.
How many gallons is your mix typically?
I use veg/bloom easy.

Most tap in major cities nowadays includes chloramine and chlorine. In the summertime chlorine/chloramine levels are increased to control the rise in contaminants.
Chlorine will volatilize out of water or “evaporate” Chloramine is much less volatile and will remain much longer, one of the main reasons treatment facilities use it. They dont have to use as much. $$

If you’re in the US the EPA makes most(likely all)state’s water authority mandate your community water system to send regular reports throughout the year and you can access them usually online to determine all the nasty crap in your water if you cant get them from your community water system directly. Its called conumer confidence reporting and you can request it yourself.
Not sure if that’s your problem @splinter7 it could be the combination of nutrients, some of the GH line claims to include “everything needed”

4 Likes