Carver Farms' Scorpion Candy thread

Yeah, I’d definitely drop some of those with a quickness. Thanks for the offer! :wink:

2 Likes

I also got a Mega Maid clone from Carver awhile back, took a bunch of cuttings and wasn’t going to run it for awhile so I left it in a small pot and ignored it. Edit: After running the other two clone strains I got from them I’m trusting them more, so making seeds earlier is a good bet.

Apparently, Carver acquired the cut from a trusted person as Deathstar or Deathstar 5… It wasn’t, but they liked it and just “maid” up a name.

I looked it up today and found out it’s fairly potent (21%), small enough for them to bill as great for small spaces, and fast (56-64 days). Fast is certainly worth trying, though the last time I tried that (+Speed Auto) I was disappointed.

I’m just going to run one or two branches sensimilla and self the rest of the plant. It’s not really big enough to flip but I flipped it today. And sprayed the little clone daddy. That way if I like it I already have seeds.

Link to their product page:

Say hello to the happy couple…

12 Likes

I started the Scorpion Candy clones on 12s yesterday. So should have seeds harvested and ready to send by the end of January. I’ll target six weeks from pollination so will have a good estimate in a few weeks.

9 Likes

Really interested in this. Plant is beautiful.

3 Likes

What was the cost, if I may ask, and do they ship? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s a dispensary here in ABQ. UNFORTUNATELY no shipping.

4 Likes

Yeah, they don’t ship. Also they don’t produce a lot of clones. They usually have a tray out with 10-15 of whatever is available at the moment. I check in with them a lot. I want to try all their clones because I’ve met the owners and they really know their shit.

3 Likes

What are their average prices? If reasonable, I might try an find a willing “Hookup” next Spring. But then again, ain’t no telling what’s in stock!! THANKS for your insight, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Between $25 and $50. They might have some more expensive I haven’t seen higher.

1 Like

I chopped my first Scorpion Candy today on day 67…
20231105_051721

15 Likes

Well, I had my first Scorpion Candy smoke test after chop, and it rates highly for me. Very potent head high. I’m relaxed with no worries at all. No nervousness. I feel a pleasant heaviness in my forehead, my eyes are relaxed and feel like I probably look stoned. I’m fine sitting on the couch, but I don’t feel locked into it. My thought process is a bit dreamy but it’s not hard to focus if I need to.

Disclaimer: My nose is really sensitive (to :face_vomiting: bad odors at least), but I’m not a cannabis connisseur. I’m just trying to describe what I’m smelling, so YMMV. :face_with_monocle:

The smoke is pretty harsh because the buds aren’t dry enough. But on my first few exhales I tasted marshmallow.

The jar smells like perfume, dried plums and soap. The perfume surprised me. I know what you’re going to say, but sorry, I don’t know what kind of perfume. Just perfume.

Squeezing the greasy buds gave me cherry candy, motor oil and rotten fruit. It’s the motor oil smell that first got me, but the cherry candy adds nicely to the mix. The smells are really amazing :fire: to me. I’ve grown very few other cannabis plants with such a complex palate, and I don’t think I’ve ever used the word “palate” before. So there’s that.

Yield: A little over an ounce in a five gallon. For me, that’s below average. But I know how to get five ounces from a five gallon. Lots of colas and good support. Like a tomato cage with webbing added. Or in a scrog. She’d be fantastic in a scrog!

Branches are as strong as twine and as flimsy as willows. Like the kind Tarzan uses. Later in flower they’re likely to fall over from the weight of the buds, so planning ahead with something to keep colas apart and supported, I think this strain would be a huge yielder. I have a couple of extra clones so by Christmas, I should be able to start one just to see what yields are possible. I’m doing a selfing run now so I’ll let it get huge in veg while it waits.

She is stretchy - maybe 2x but should also be flipped as large as possible. Probably, given my tendency to flip early, anyone else should just flip when they normally do.

I’ll post bud pictures in a few days.

11 Likes

Great write up.:+1:t2:
Congratulations on the success!:slightly_smiling_face:
It looks like an easy trimmer too. I’d like to try this one.

6 Likes

What he^^^^^said.

4 Likes

Great writeup rasta.
I wish we had more clone selections up in Canada.
Lotsa luck growchacho :seedling:

2 Likes

I’m more of a lop off the fans and call it good trimmer, so it’s perfect for me.

2 Likes

Here’s what’s left (it’s about 30% gone already).

Apologies for the lack of bag appeal - I usually just let them go au naturel for no particular reason. Anyway, I’ve just been keeping the jar open and turning it a couple of times a day and it’s ready to start keeping closed. Look how dark the buds are!

8 Likes

Still looks pretty damn tasty!
How’s she smoke now?

2 Likes

I tried to dry most of the terpenes out of her by being careless. Obviously it isn’t cured, but the buds smell really good, and I think it’s one of those rare strains that I can’t ruin in the cure. That’s my biggest weakness, so I’m going to try to make it last long enough to see how the cure goes. :face_with_monocle:

Its smells are more muted after such a fast dry. The rotten fruit is now dried plum. The motor oil, or chemical smell - it’s still there! That’s a big deal because I was suspecting they were based on something volatile. But now under the motor oil there’s something nutty or savory. That makes up for the complexity of fruit flavor I gave up with careless drying.

Last night I was noticing florals on the exhale. At the time I had an exact description but I can’t remember now :rofl: Today I smoked it in a King Palm and it’s really smooth but no florals.

4 Likes

Oily. :rofl: You’ve got to experience it in a King Palm.

I found a herm in the tent pretty close to my Scorpion Candy mom (a Ponderosa Cookies by GPS). I sprayed her down really well in the shower, but I’m going to have to wait a couple of weeks to pollinate so I can pick off all the seeds. Since Scorpion Candy is a fast strain, the first attempt may not have the time left to work out.

I have another two Scorpion Candy clones in veg in a single five gallon pot - I may just harvest pollen first and make seeds from that run. The chosen “dad” has been really slow to make male flowers anyway, so that’s probably for the best.

4 Likes