Cbd/thc infused lotion or muscle rub

Whats the best recipes for a infused muscle rub for pain?

4 Likes

Anything CBD from sebrings salve selection is always good

2 Likes

Great Lakes Medz makes a killer CBD salve .

1 Like

I like to mix thc infused and cbd infused coconut oil equal parts. Just cbd is weaker medicine. Adding Arnica offers more immediate short term relief and the cannabis takes over as the arnica fades.
Other than that experiment with different oils and butters to find what consistency you like. My favorite is mango butter.
And then you can consider essential oils if you are open to that.
Cheers

5 Likes

Here is one if my recipes.

11 Likes

My Mrs. @Lady.Zandra63 makes wonderful edibles, tinctures and topicals. She used about an ounce or more of dry chopped trim and popcorn buds with 1 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup olive oil a 2:1 ratio. The combination of oils is well absorbed and makes a nice consistency for the ointment. Works wonders for me.

We’re growing Cannatonic from Resin Seeds and will be using some to make a jar for added CBD

@ElMasSabroso Have to look into that. Thanks!

1 Like

I use my Levo to infuse coconut oil and then do a double boil and melt some beeswax into the infused coconut oil. Also really like to add essential oils (whatever you like). My entire family loves it and it definitely does help with pain relief. great for dry skin as well.

2 Likes

I actually just made some up with a Sous Vide (finally got to use it for something)

11 oz Coconut Oil
2 oz beeswax
7 grams decarbed bud (roughly cut up)
4 grams fan leaves decarbed (roughly cut up)
4 grams raw trim (roughly cut up)
15 drops of Peppermint oil
15 drops of Eucalyptus oil
15 drops of Tea Tree oil

Throw everything in a Glass jar, seal it up tight. Put it in a water bath with a Sous Vide set at 190 degrees. Let sit for 3 hours. Once done, put dual layers of cheese cloth over another glass jar and secure. Pop the top and pour into the other jar to filter out the buds.

Used it the last couple of days and it works really damn good. I’m surprised. Although I think next time I am going to decrease the coconut and increase the wax. I like a thicker balm.

4 Likes

Yeah-- we like the thinner consistency of the olive +coconut for massage work & quick absorbency…
I often add essential oils like lavender, sandalwood and opium poppy…but for basic use, I leave them out…

3 Likes

Olive oil is really good at absorbing quickly, I’m a big fan of olive oil extractions for topicals.

I like to make a “holy anointing oil” with cinnamon leaf, cinnamon bark, and myrrh essential oils.

5 Likes

Been doing something along same lines just without the levo system. Decarbed flower, coconut oil and I believe peppermint extract

3 Likes

Levo is just me being lazy :sweat_smile: solid recipe… pretty straight forward and easy!

2 Likes

What’s the consistency like when using olive oil and coconut oil? Is it more like moisturizing cream? I’ve been hesitant to try it because I always thought it would be more liquid then solid.

1 Like

The texture depends on how much bees wax you add. :wink:

LOL, I thought you were talking about just using coconut oil and olive oil. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I collect orange and lemon peels ….dry out , until they snap…then cover with ethanol…,remove orange oil
Then add 6 drops of orange oil to the batch…6 drops per estimated 1 oz jar . Great anti inflammatory as well as carrier oil for the cbd/thc
Actually I do exactly the same with dried arnica flowers…ladd same amonut to the overall batch. Works like a damn.

1 Like