Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 1)

So how many no till living soil growers do we have around here? I have seen a few people messing with it, just curious who all has gone down the rabbit hole.

9 Likes

Yep, notill beds here.

10 Likes

I like growing organic water only, so no till was kinda a natural progression. But since I’ve only technically grown seedlings in my new bed I don’t know that I’m a “grower” yet.

I got a question for you no till growers too- what organisms are in your soil? (Worms, certain microbe species or mycelium, companion plants?

6 Likes

I am in the same boat. Not a fan of bottle feeding, so I had been helping my dad grow his meds with water only for years. I am currently in the process of making 2 no till beds (3x3 and 2x4) and am very excited to keep this soil alive and thriving!

6 Likes

From what I’ve seen about no till living soil that’s is a crazy rabbit hole so much to learn

4 Likes

It’s remarkably simple, just recreate the process of outside.

Full disclosure though, I’m a weirdo who loves learning. YMMV

8 Likes

I attempt no tills, I reuse the same pots a handful of times, just rip the previous plants roots straight out and in the next one goes :grin:

6 Likes

Interesting little tips for cones

And it truly is would have to be something I learned in person from someone else no way I could self teach that

4 Likes

Let’s see everyone’s favorite smoking apparatuses!

Got this bad girl from the Renaissance festival in Michigan a few years back, hand blown one of a kind and the dudes personal color mix, you gotta hold it kinda like shooting a pistol cause the choke on the front but the whole design makes it so there’s 0 fear of you ever losing grip and dropping it, feels so nice in your hand, hits like a fucking train too

11 Likes

The workers! So I intentionally added worms, S.F nematodes, H. Miles mites, and rove beatles. I have also have fungus gnats (always a few in living soil) and some unidentified decomposer mite (they love cardboard) from my worm bin. I’ve also added Recharge, Mammoth P, and EM-1 microbes.

13 Likes

I still prefer smoking joints…and rolling some two year old skunk or Lebanese from my first grow is just the best!
It seems dispensary weed is always harsh always cough inducing…and hits hard.
I like smoking a joint that has nice taste and comes on slowly…

6 Likes

I’ve recently converted to living soil. I had to restart because of circumstances beyond my control and thought might as well give it a shot. I’ve slowly gone more and more towards the organic side for a few years now with no-till being like that unattainable goal lol. I used bottled chelates for a few years with good results but wanted to go further. I’m currently going with a ROLS style but no-till is coming as soon as I get the beds built. Somas style no till beds intrigue me kinda different. Anyway, I have a few amendments I need to procure neem meal crustacean and figure out a “feeding” schedule so to speak I have been using BioLive which appears to be working great. Also I still use recharge which has always been great to me myco’s when I up pot. The KNF and JADAM stuff really intrigues me it’s a whole new rabbit hole to jump down. I’m making my first attempt at LABS and collecting indigenous microbes

7 Likes

Hello friends! Is this the place to hang now?

8 Likes

My pineapple thai plants are doing good in my homemade soil
I just took my used happy frog and added amendments
Will have to change it up this year. I don’t have any horse manure aging or broken down
I do have a worm farm and some rabbit pellets but my horse manure is still in the pasture
I need to get in that

2 Likes

I also use alot of rabbit manure compost no horses for me but that would be amazing. I don’t even need the horses just the poop and my worm farm is just getting established gonna be awhile before they give me any black gold lol

3 Likes

I dug my bowl out to take pics of and realized it was dusty cause it’s been all joints for a long time now for me. I bailed on posting the pics though cause there’s a thread already for posting up your glass. One guy doing it in here is cool, everyone doing with that other thread around not so much.

Yup. The free seeds thread has fungus gnats and we dropped a fogger in there to clear out the pests :laughing:

10 Likes

Very nice! On the mycorrhiza topic, seems everyone uses/likes different products when it comes to that. I was torn between Recharge, Dynomyco and Rootwise when purchasing some supplies recently. Between 4th of July sales and mail issues in general, it will be a bit till I get all my materials in.

2 Likes

@Cannabliss
How much rabbit manure.what… proportion do you use?

1 Like

I’ve used recharge for a few years now I love it but I think thats more microbes than myco’s. right now I’m using Myko’s extreme gardening maybe idk lol it was cheap but it for sure works lots of mycelia when I transplant into the 5 gallons @Trowertripper I use the 3 part recipe kind of that alot of folks use so a third compost the rabbit manure is the base of my compost probly 60 to 70% of it actually with coffee trim kitchen scraps etc Ive been mixing it half and half with bagged compost the last batch at least. ideally I would have way more EWC and will someday still learning and building

4 Likes

Far my favorite smoking piece but at least I can drop it :neutral_face: roommate and I were a murder streak till I got this

5 Likes