I spy with my little eye Psychoactive plants

So the main reason for coming up with this thread is to point out the irony and hypocrisy of cannabis ban. specially when everyday I come across countless plants that are psychoactive to point of no return.

I will be adding some photos soon.

Feel free to post yours

26 Likes

I just remembered a situation where I started snickering on my own. I was at a hospital and from the window I was standing I could se a few trees. Very colourful they were… I then realized they were the scopolamine producing plants known as devils breath. And there they were, all happy in bloom… and they were a few of them

18 Likes

Hahah. That’s amazing! Devil’s breath, where is that native to?

3 Likes

I think it’s from South America.

I some countries it is used to control people’s minds… it turns you into a zombie/child. Organized crime members will hunt a target the spike the drink or blow the pollen directly in the target/ victims face. After a few minutes the person is like a zombie and be a total disposition… you ask “hey let’s go and get some money from the ATM” they will keep the victim held hostage until the account or money bus all gone or " let’s go to.your house and have some good time" and rob all the valuable stuff.

It is also used in medicine to help treat disiness, sickness etc.

6 Likes

Oh wow. It amazes me how everything has its good and bad sides. Just depends on the person really. I’m not one to take advantage of others. Heck, I feel bad getting seeds sent to me and I have nothing good to return. :crazy_face:

I’m gonna investigate the devil’s breath. Sounds like a brujeria thing. South american for sure. :wink:

6 Likes

I think its colombia that its native too. There was a trend a few years ago of it being used to rob or rape people because of the susceptibility it induced. The buracho tree (see what happens when you learn Spanish in kitchens, I almost spelled it right)

5 Likes

Yes that is correct. It just cracks me up whe I see one of those plants and I think to myself " if they only knew!"

3 Likes

This is an ornamental used all over the northern US. It contains thujone, a psychoactive compound commonly found in absinthe.

Prickly and Bitter: The Russian sage from the Middle East

Nice buzz if you smoke it.

8 Likes

My sister is a manic depressive and one day decided it would be a good idea to make a tea from the Angel’s Trumpet tree in her yard. It did not end well! :grimacing:

5 Likes

Oh good god… she ok?

3 Likes

Yeah. Her eldest foiled her attempts at chugging down some drain cleaner. My two boys were there and had to call my ex to come and sort her out, but she was on another planet.

5 Likes

Oh poor soul… both of you…

1 Like

Don’t think I have seen one.

Do you know the very old site, the vaults of erowid? There are countless plants, mushrooms and other active stuff listed there.

11 Likes

I have a large bush of that in my back yard. It smells great but all I knew is it wasn’t for cooking, lol.

3 Likes

Thats where I started this journey back in 99!

5 Likes

I remember that site! It’s been a long time! I’ve done a lot of normal stuff since then. Lol

4 Likes

That’s about the same time as me :slightly_smiling_face:

Just the other day I paid a visit, went to search some information about the Laughing Gym aka Gymnopylus spectabilis now called Gymnopylus junoneus

3 Likes

Also today I came across this

Many moons ago a friend of mine had the brilliant idea of making a tea from this plant. It’s called the devil’s fig tree… well he never was the same again. Had to go under psychiatric and psychological treatments but a part of him died that day

And this

The ones in the back, reeds aka Arundo donax it is said to have DMT in them.

Just thought you should know.

5 Likes

Just a little DIY

3 Likes

Every plant and human creates DMT it’s the amounts that vary. Meditation increases DMT concentration in the human body.

2 Likes