Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 1)

I have a facebook account Iā€™ve checked maybe 5 times in the last 8 yearsā€¦lol

If I donā€™t actually speak to you on the phone or in person once a month, are we even friends?

2 Likes

I forsee either issues for me, or some seeds given away on the free seeds thread.

Itā€™s a little after 6 on a Monday and Iā€™m already easily half in the bagā€¦

2 Likes

Only half? Why you taking it so easy?

2 Likes

I want to make 9?

:wink::+1:

Iā€™m still making dinner ffsā€¦lol

1 Like

Updates from the Meph lab:

The strawberry nuggets are chugging along; Iā€™ll probably start giving them supplemental light today; I had been letting them sit in the shade to get filtered sun.

I have a tent and lighting, but itā€™s in an outdoor greenhouse, so I donā€™t exactly have climate control.

Until the plants are larger, Iā€™m going to hand water and rotate them between the tent during the night and partial shade during the day.

Here is the setup; I donā€™t foresee the need for more than one board for such a small scale grow, and I know my lighting isnā€™t godā€™s gift to SMD lights, but it wasnā€™t very expensive and theoretically consists of lm301b whites with Osram and LG IRs and UVs. The pots will sit in a line along the length of the board and I can adjust it up and down with the pulley. The light is dimmed to minimum power on the dimmer in the picture.

6 Likes

What light schedule are you using?

1 Like

Itā€™s probably going to end up being something along the lines of 22 light - 2 dark until I feel theyā€™re established enough to hang in the tent all day and the weather cools off so they donā€™t stress due to heat in there. Iā€™ll take them out when I get up in the morning about 2 hours before sunrise and put them in before sunset. Right now itā€™s probably closer to 22.5 -1.5 but daylight is decreasing and the sun is rising slightly later so itā€™ll gravitate toward 2 before they get established.

1 Like

K.

18-6 minimum for autos IMO.

Get them under full strength light asap.

1 Like

If it were an indoor grow Iā€™d love to, but with temps in the high 80s, occasional 90s, and higher in the tent even with the greenhouse shaded Iā€™m concerned about just frying the seedlings before they get a chance. Theyā€™ll end up under the board on full intensity over the course of the next week or so probably.

Oh, and the 5x double grape arrived, with 2x (3BOG x Mango) F1s as the freebie. Iā€™m debating whether to run double grape for pollen as well or whether to just run it with the ā€œmothersā€ as a pollen receptor. Sorry for the chain of posts, Iā€™d edit if the chat thread allowed it.

It might be cool to figure out which F1s are most distantly related and cross them to produce a heavily heterozygous polyhybrid cross. Unfortunately 3BOG and Skywalker share Triangle F3 as a parent, so I might have to table that project until I have some F1s of my own creation. The first thing that came to mind is (Skywalker x Mango Smile) x (Strawberry Nuggets x Double Grape), which is effectively:

((Skywalker Kush x Triangle F3) x (Mango Haze x Toof Decay F5)) x ((Sour Strawberry Kush (Bog Seeds) x 24 Carat F3) x (Sour Stomper x Grape Crinkle))

Thereā€™s some overlap there, but I think you have to go back a decent amount to get there (Sour stomper has 24 carat as a grandparent). Sorry to spam the thread, if the mods like Iā€™ll make a separate thread and they can throw all the offending posts in the pokey.

4 Likes

Good philosophy. Itā€™s not important.

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

1 Like

new season of gold rush episode starting. gonna go watch it take care all

2 Likes

Welcome @Big

1 Like

Itā€™s my birthday today, any one else turn the same age like 5 years in a row like I have? :joy:

12 Likes

Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Oh Hell no. The closer I get to retirement age, the better. :wink:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Bree.
Funny. My wife has a birthday every four years.

2 Likes

Exactly lol I keep turning 28 the last few years. Total denial :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha oh good point. Thatā€™s a solid day to want to be closer to.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes