Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

Thatā€™s my hope as well, since they donā€™t know why the liver is enlarged and enzymes are high .

1 Like

Get a sharpie and write ā€œdo not removeā€ on those important parts. Just sayinā€¦
Get Well Quick.

3 Likes

Haha thats hilarious.

1 Like

X marks the spot

Likewise!! Same with me! If alcohol is out of the question (is it!? :flushed:), excessive use of simple carbohydrates and or processed food could be the culprits!! Have to come back to it and havenā€™t done it yet!! :flushed: :thinking: Think itā€™s better to grow weed!! :rofl: :sunglasses:

Auction is alive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yup no alcohol. Non alcoholic fatty liver . I donā€™t eat processed food, no beef no pork , no noodles , very little carbs if any , nothing fried . I honestly think itā€™s the meds they have me on personally.

7 Likes

Best of luck bud.

3 Likes

Let me correct that statement. The carbs i do get is from soda . However Iā€™ve always drank soda no problems til after the meds

1 Like

@Donnie, good place to be suspicious about!! Iā€™d do the same if I were you, sounds like you have a decent diet!! Thereā€™s an herb, I have to remember the name, which is very much used to help the liver deal with toxicitiesā€¦ as soon as I find Iā€™ll let you knowā€¦Got it!!! Milk Thistle, you grind the seeds and use with some kinda smoothie!! See if you find and research a bit about it!! Impressive, and has been used since ancient times!! Best of health!! :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks I will definitely look into it. Definitely need to.see if it has interactions with other meds.

1 Like

@Donnie . Good thing is, just like our beloved weed, the level of side effects is minimal (Iā€™m talking about the Milk Thistle) compared to any synthetic and allopathic medicine, thatā€™s why itā€™s always worth looking into before any other heavier kind of intervention!! We do have to take care of our livers!! Lost a homeopathic doctor in the past due to a gone wrong transplantā€¦ long story short, what are we without our health!!! Canā€™t even smoke a toke!! lol!! :flushed: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl: :sunglasses: :upside_down_face: :flushed:

Oh, I forgot!! Turmeric, curcumin in powder, a tsp with a bit of black pepper!! Serious immune system/liver booster!!! Look into it too!!

2 Likes

Looks like it may have interactions with 3 of my current medications 2 of which I think are the cause of the liver issue honestly.

1 Like

Wow, I look at this and think man I am unhealthy. I do drink, eat processed food, eat beef, eat pork, eat noodles, get lots of carbs and love fried stuff.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always ate pretty healthy . But when my cholesterol got high a year ago I cut stuff out totally . Iā€™ve never really had much of a metabolism at all .

Understandable. I should as well but have never checked my cholesterol. I have always been pretty lucky, my last job of 14 years I had 1 sick day. It was from a flu after working 20 hour days for weeks on end. I would nap on breaks. I am sure it will all catch up to me. I did have that large tumor removed from my back a few months ago but that was no big deal, hell I didnā€™t even let them put me under. Was an interesting experience.

4 Likes

Yeah my situation changed after starting some meds, major weight gain , water retention and such. Not to mention rise in my blood sugar when Iā€™m normally hypoglycemic.

1 Like

Yes @Donnie and @DougDawson, knowing of my tendencies to high blood pressure and or high cholesterol, Iā€™ve been digging into a plant based diet!! What genes hit you in the face with, you have to compensate one way or another!! :flushed: :thinking: :rofl: :grimacing: :sunglasses:

Sounds like the cure might be worse than the diseaseā€¦ pretty typical with pharmaceuticals, unfortunately.

2 Likes

@Cormoran One always pays dearly for any pharmaceutical medicine, as you well put, unfortunately, with oneā€™s own health (discount!)

2 Likes