Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

And guysā€¦ As you can see I have some clawing and stuff going on. Itā€™s been a week since Iā€™ve been able to read my ph. Just been guessing. I take notes and know about how much ph down to add but Iā€™ve definitely been worried. My pen went out and I ordered an apera but Amazon is taking its sweet ass time getting it to me. Should have it tomorrow. I canā€™t wait to see what Iā€™ve been feeding them :woman_facepalming::rofl::rofl: better than just not watering for a week I guess. I have been sooo nervous for a week nowā€¦ just waiting for the shh to hit the fan :joy:

Hello Everyone, hope you everyone had a nice halloween .

5 Likes

Hello! Welcome! I did, hope you did too!

2 Likes

@hollyho I usually take my seeds out before I jar the plant to cure and get pressed. Those plants are looking pretty good though.

1 Like

You cant go wrong with plan water.
welcome @CannaPeace.

1 Like

@CannaPeace Welcome! Feel free to stop by the -----> Introduce Yourself @OG when you get a chance. Glad to have ya here, enjoy! :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m in coco with tap that runs 7.7ish ph and 130ish ppm tho. With no effing pen. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Ok you can go wrong with just your water. :rofl: :rofl: sorry.

Come to the soil side!! echo echo echo.

3 Likes

I started w soil! I didnā€™t get as much weight tho. My first 2 white widow autos in soil got a little over 5oz from both. My second pair of white widow autos in coco got almost 9oz. My local soil options are shitty. I finally found some organic raised bed miracle gro stuff that wasnā€™t too bad but it didnā€™t have hardly any nutrients in it. I never did get that dialed in. I switched to coco and loved it so been just rolling w it. Maybe one day Iā€™ll try it again. But I kinda like being able to control things a little better. I do NOT like rinsing these coco bricks tho lol

1 Like

I think the yields will come with time in soil. You must have the balance optimal in order to get Max yields. Yes chemicals are easy to get the yields but you also have to worry about sacrificing your smoke and flavor. I do come from a hydroponic background I have a lot of friends that used to swear by and still do advanced nutrients. You can get good yields and that works great for them because thatā€™s their goal but if you want top quality smoke and flavor, organic soil with no chemicals is the only way to go. Iā€™m smoking more for medical reasons in my later years rather than just for fun so my quality pallet has gone up. Iā€™m still fairly new to the organic especially the no-till stuff. You should follow @bassman5420 he has a brand new no-till setup just about to start. Heā€™s doing it the build the soil away and staying loyal to the soil. Follow him Iā€™ll be watching that grow as well.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s definitely one thing I noticed was the flavor was a little different. The fade is not the same either. I know some people who grow in coco w synthetics can get a nice fade but it seemed easier in soil. So I completely agree w you. I just never got that dialed in. Iā€™ve watched the build a soil videos on YouTube and the list of stuff was crazy. Like I said, maybe one day. I still have half a bag of soil, some worm castings (I think) and dr earth organic feed (that I never even got a chance to use).

Iā€™ll try to find that diary youā€™re talking about and check it out. Thanks :blush:

2 Likes

With your fade issue it could be because you still have nuits in your mix so the plant hasnā€™t started eating its self. Thats what the fade is mostly. there are some that dont fade. Most plants will. I always do a two week flush. But I use RO water so thats key. Thats the best invest if you ask me. Good water. and light, andā€¦ sorry you know how it goes. LOL. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yessir! I was refilling my primo jug 2 or 3 times a week tho so I just started using tap to mix my nutes. I tried using it for flush on that last one. Started flushing 12 days before chop and had just started to see some color change when I whacked her down lol it would have probably taken another week to see more colors. Idk. It seemed like when I started flushing, she stopped maturing. This time Iā€™ll try to start by giving low nutes, then flushing the last 2 weeks. I also plan on letting these go a week longer. Iā€™m using recharge weekly with these too. Maybe thatā€™s whatā€™s helping my ph swings :see_no_evil:

1 Like

@GlassJoeGrows
Hay Brother when u grew hella jelly was it a fast finisher like they say, and did u pop seeds or like myself get Dark heart cuts.
Iā€™m on day 3 out of 36 hrs an she seems hungry right out of the gate.
Any info woukd be appreciated.
Iā€™m in coco with canna

1 Like

I had a problem switching over to soil coming from a hydro background I added all those chemicals and feeding schedules to a soil based system. Iā€™ve learned my lesson since then. But Iā€™ll never forget the taste of chemicals. It broke my heart the buds looked great but it tasted horrible. And definitely seem like it was not good for your lungs. That being said I think even flushing with tap water for at least 2 weeks is essential when youā€™re growing with any kind of chemical in your medium. Before I had RO water I would actually buy gallons of water from the store to do my flush. That way I could assure myself I was getting rid of all of the chemicals.

4 Likes

Iā€™m abt 2 wk out from my first organic ā€œsuper cocoā€harvest. Some premade precooked concentrated organic blend with slightly amended coco on top (which u experienced soil growers on here probably despise). 100% want to go full organic with real mixes eventually, just hard for me to wrap my head around the principles since I started from, and have since been adapting and working with the Lucas formula in DWC. Doing this super coco thing to get a little bit of a grip. loving how the buds are looking so far, ofc not as much weight but very excited to see the trade off

2 Likes

140 in the 2011 Camaro SS I had and it was both awesome and terrifying.

You win. 140 in a car is one thing, 150 on a bike must feel like 300mph.

6 Likes

There was a guy that would make a 150 mile trip in 45 min on a motorbike. I did happen to meet him on the hwy one day he was just a blur going past .

1 Like

I grew mine from seed, in soil, outdoors. They started transitioning around mid-late July and finished in early September. Pictures below on July 8th, August 7th, September 8th, and bud shot from the 10th. It should be a 7-8 week strain; it was very practical for me, with a ā€œsativa-styleā€ smoke and it made some really pleasant hash too. Someone I spoke with on RIU also had a grow with a partially purple pheno, that was pretty cool.

Three in the back are jellies, one in the front is an apple blossom

17 Likes

Thanks @GlassJoeGrows
Day 4 of flower :blossom: sjes looking good.
I have 2 grape ape , Kyle kushmans cut from dark heart :black_heart: an I have to keep them 2 inches lower then rest of the plants are they look so.light green like Iā€™m starving them
I was confused but since all ph ppm were perfect the only answer next move the plant lower.

1 Like