Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

@Nagel420 I fired up my HA automation for the first time last night…Talk about freaking amazing… I feel like I just stepped out of the stone age lol. Plant health is about to get leveled up. Feels goooooood.

1 Like

I just smoked my raw, undried, uncured, straight from plant, premature flower mixed with pollen, crushed with dried leaves coz I’ve been sober for 15 days straight…
I know, I’m a monster :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
Loving the high though…

5 Likes

3623ccdc13d06180d6ac4771120351f273774e50_2_447x500

15 Likes

That’s why you never mess with the grandpa :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’d highly suggest getting familiar with Node Red in HA. Thats where the AI lives.

The interfaces are cool, basic things like simple automations are cool, but Node Red is where I do all the “If / Then” type stuff which takes it to a new level.

And the graphs from the sensors are way cool. They will show you things in new ways, don’t be afraid to constantly evolve your dashboard :smiley:

I think its a black hole, eventually there’s so many things I can add to it. Can monitor all of my 3D printers, individually, plus the roomba, plus the grow / dry areas. Can add window / door / motion sensors, control the rest of the houses lights, even see trends there and control smart thermostats.

Just having a control panel for the tents though and being able to control temp and RH changes the game…

Be prepared for your mind to be blown :smiley: hehehe

2 Likes

Indeed, I have had a flow sitting here for 2 months that I made. Soooooo much you can do in node red that’s for sure. Wish I could see the grow in my 4x4 tent if I had had everything controlled the whole time… Ooh well, I will see it next cycle heh. Thanks once again for the inspiration bud :+1:

1 Like

oh i know, i think he grabbed the hex design from me when asked to upload it :wink:

2 Likes

Yup, the Hex’s Johnny got were from your upload. I made the round ones so my sticker labels had a little more to stick to.

Thinking about the idea of the honeycomb. with a filament printer I could make that easily just choosing honeycomb infill, no top / 1 or 2 bottom layers, and literally printing a disc.

5 Likes

Heh I dig it. I actually printed 20 “washers” last night to use up the rest of my roll so I could load up the fresh roll and keep prototyping my spreaders heh. All this tech shit is so damn fun.

2 Likes

HA huh? Checking it out.

1 Like

The first memory I have of my grandpa was him showing me his two fists and
saying “the hospital or the graveyard?”
I must have been about four.

:nerd_face:

Also every day he ate bread with butter and brown sugar.

7 Likes

lol funny… my first memory of my grampa was when I was around 2-3 yrs old running alongside him in the rows of marijuana wanting to ‘help’. He grew/sold/toked until he passed at 92 yrs old in 1968.

15 Likes

Damn! Looking forward to doing just as your grampa @JohnnyPotseed!! :pray: :hugs:
We gotta be a bit stubborn to wanna live long! In this day and age! lol! :flushed: :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow we are showing our age today, Nice to hear about Grampa Potseed what a memory. My first memory of my Dgzadi (Ja-Gi) Polish. He came from the “old country” Poland, they escaped the onset of the Nazi’s. He took me fishing we walked to Buffalo Harbor and fished off the seawall, I do remember pulling up yellow pike (walleye). He had a Cat o’ Nine Tails hanging in the shed, it was always threatened by our parents but I never got a taste of it, thank goodness.

5 Likes

Sorry I was bust swapping equipment between tents. HA=Home Assistant (I am sure you googled and found all this already) and it can be used to automate things in many different ways if you have the equipment and ability’s to set it up.

2 Likes

would work forsure if i had a filament printer my designs would of been different.

2 Likes

I don’t mind showing my age cuz lol I’m proud (and amazed) to’ve managed to lived this long. lol I’ll be 73 in 1 week exactly, next Friday.

14 Likes

Someone tell me my eyes are deceiving me and both my dosidos aren’t male

1 Like

@BlazeUno423 I think you are right, looks like a couple balls on two of those images.

1 Like

I don’t wanna be right :joy:

1 Like