Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

:confused::grimacing:

7 Likes

did the private lounge vanish for anyone else or just me lol

itā€™s still there, though dead like always

2 Likes

hmm i must have had my passage revoked just went to look up a post and its not an option for me any more.

Somebody needs to put Putin in his place. Arrogant prickā€¦

4 Likes

You can fall back to TL2 if you donā€™t keep meeting the criteria for TL3/Regular status.

So if you miss these landmarks you go back to TL2 and canā€™t see the private lounge.

4 Likes

The us and nato certainly donā€™t have the moral authority too. We invade and topple nations way to regularly to claim any sort of high ground.

8 Likes

Yeah, the US government isnā€™t worried about human rights, or ā€œprotecting Ukraineā€, theyā€™re concerned about protecting economic resources and Western global hegemony.

7 Likes

uhā€¦ Pretty much all the wars in history are about resources. Humans rarely factor in. Whether its whats in the ground, or the ground itself, wars are hardly about human rights unfortunatelyā€¦

And Iā€™m not saying the US has any moral ground. Far from it. Iā€™ve hated that we butt our noses in everywhere, and have homeless, veterans with shitty care, and so many other home issues, Iā€™d rather more focus here than playing the role of the worldā€™s police.

But taking all politics out of it. Putin is off his rocker. Heā€™s not invading for human rights either. Heā€™s invading for the resources and land massā€¦

My next door neighbors are immigrants straight from the Ukraine. Theyā€™ve gone back for vacations in the summer every year, and are some of the nicest neighbors you could want. I feel for them as they have LOTS of family there stillā€¦

7 Likes

I actually have quite a bit of family there as well as Iā€™m 30% Ukrainian. This is unjustified and unreasonable. An absolute travesty and I couldnā€™t have said it better ā€œoff his rockerā€ is SOOO CORRECT, the man is insane and someone has to put a stop to him. My family who have emigrated often go back to visit.

5 Likes

Another manā€™s cowā€¦:+1:

3 Likes

All of the wars are for resources. I need to only briefly stop here because I get really upset about this. We are never told the truth about why weā€™re going there. We are given some stories about God, freedom etc.
Corporate interest also plays a huge role and is never mentioned.
My favorite fantasy is that the children of all the politicians that get us into the war, would be on the front lines

7 Likes

Without getting too political about itā€¦
I feel fnckin terrible about what is going on with Ukraine. I feel like Im standing there, watching a full grown man, beat up a kid. And not stepping in.
I know we, as a nation, are not bound to do more but, man it just makes me feel dirty all over.

8 Likes

Absolutely perfect analogy my friend. I love that and hate it at the same time because itā€™s true.

2 Likes

I dont like politics but this guy is nuts, heā€™s killing people for no good reason other than his power trip.

3 Likes

Not only are we not bound to, weā€™re kind of bound not toā€¦ getting involved in a conflict right next door to Russia, with Japan and South Korea near enough to be caught up in it, will destabilize the region (in terms of our interests there) more than sitting and watching does, unfortunately. Not only do they have a strategic advantage in location, but a large-scale conflict between Russian-aligned and American-aligned forces will simply weaken both enough for China to step in and seize the advantage. It doesnā€™t help us any if we defend Ukraine, but give Xi the perfect opportunity to take Taiwan or actively defend their claim on the South China Sea.

Politics is a mess. :frowning: War is pretty much an extension of politics, unfortunately. All that most of us can do is hope to stay out of the way.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t disagree more for several reasons here are the most important. Ukraine has Europeā€™s largest supply of lithium, second largest supply of natural gas, is full of natural resources that the world is handing over to a conqueror. Itā€™s absolutely in the USAā€™s best interest to deter this and also Japan, etc. China are making moves, Islamic Republic is making moves. This is already happening the least we can do is supply ammo, sat coverage, anything is better than nothing. We gave 20 years to afghanistan a country where no one would fight for themselves and gave it away in a week. Ukraine is different we canā€™t hand the free world over to the communists and other bullies. If you had family in Ukraine your words would be different.

9 Likes

Exactly my friend, EXACTLY :pray:t2:

3 Likes

If I had family in Ukraine, I might be more personally invested in it. It doesnā€™t change the strategic considerations though. Weā€™ve had warning of this for weeks at least, and thereā€™s a reason weā€™re not doing anything already. It wouldnā€™t entirely surprise me if Russiaā€™s military informed the US military so they could get out of the way first. :stuck_out_tongue: We warned them so they could get out of the way when we bombed Syria a few years agoā€¦ no one wants an actual conflict between global nuclear superpowers. Even if nukes donā€™t get involved, both sides lose. The US getting involved is a trolley problem.

1 Like

I totally Understand the US not getting into a nuclear conflict with Russia. No winners.
Iā€™m just stating it makes me feel like, i donā€™t know, less human, for not helping. If that makes any sense.

3 Likes