Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Iā€™ve got a lot of fraternal love, too. Just donā€™t be expecting chocolates and a backrub.

I hope we can all share and enjoy our finest flowers for Valentineā€™s day.

8 Likes

What a lame scam.

3 Likes

Do something nice for someone/anyone todayā€¦ā€¦

5 Likes

But why only today???

6 Likes

Do the same thing tomorrow and the nextā€¦
@Nagel420
A 100 mile walk begins with the first step after all. lol

7 Likes

I do something nice EVERY SINGLE DAY for multiple people trust me. But 95% of the world only gives a f!&$ about themselves. I always try and encourage others to do the same for over 25 years now.

9 Likes

Because there is only today. Yesterday is a memory and tomorrow is a dream.

10 Likes

Two days ago I gave away my snowboard and boots I bought 9 months ago to a young boy who couldnā€™t afford one. Now Iā€™m withoutā€¦.

7 Likes

Amen brother

4 Likes

Amen bro. I agree. Too many people live in the land of ā€œWhat if things had been differentā€ or ā€œWhat will be tomorrowā€. They miss the moment they are in.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a fact, spent 15-20 years living that way myself. Changed my life when I altered my perception

5 Likes

I am guilty of that far too oftenā€¦ And its a major source of my depression at timesā€¦ I do try to ā€œlive in the nowā€ more though, but its part of my overthinking ADHD, I play out 10,000 scenariosā€¦ Also a big reason I smoke, because cannabis keeps that 10k scenarios down to more like 100, which isnt as exhaustingā€¦

5 Likes

I feel you my friend, believe me. I have wicked anxiety and itā€™s tough to get out of my head at times . Probably why I smoke an insane amount of flower

4 Likes

That constant replaying past f ups or missed opportunities in your past can absolutely strip the joy from your today.
Been there, done that.
I try to be in the now. I have some control of that. The past ainā€™t changing for me.

6 Likes

Couldnā€™t be that you enjoy getting RIPPED, right? Hawhawhaw

4 Likes

Nope. Not a chance :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Valentineā€™s Day we know today, with the cards and chocolates, really started as late as 1985, when Hallmark launched their Valentineā€™s Day advertisements in the US, claiming themselves as ā€œThe Valentineā€™s Storeā€.

Is anyone here able to verify this article?

Letā€™s just say my recollection of US marketing before 1985 is a bit hazy.

3 Likes

The day is named, of course, for St. Valentineā€”we all know that by now. But why? Who is this mysterious Valentine?

According to the New York Times, itā€™s possible that the love-filled holiday is based on a combination of two men. There were, after all, two Valentines executed on February 14 Itā€™s believed that the Catholic Church may have established St. Valentineā€™s Day in order to honor these men, who they believed to be martyrs. Whatā€™s more, itā€™s possible that one of these men, Saint Valentine of Terni, had been secretly officiating weddings for Roman soldiers against the emperorā€™s wishes (married men were not drafted into the military), making him, in some eyes, a proponent of love.
Another story involves the practice of writing love letters to your Valentine. Itā€™s said that St. Valentine wrote the first ā€œvalentineā€ greeting to a young girl he tutored and fell in love with while he was imprisoned for the crimes outlined above. According to The History Channel before his death, he wrote her a letter signed ā€œFrom your Valentine," which remains a commonly used phrase to this day.

4 Likes

And then thereā€™s the infamous St. Valentineā€™s Day Massacre. A bad day for the Gangsters who hung around with Al Capone et al.

1 Like

I LAUGHED SO FUCKING HARD AT YOUR VALENTINES CARD MY PARTNER IS NOW DISTURBED! :rofl:

3 Likes