Cheap light options for EZ-Cloner?

You already have 100% rooting, but, they might like moderate temps.
A small space heater may be your best bet.

I had no idea about Epsom salts for mag. I have a lot of pure, unscented stuff here.

As for the heater Iā€™ll see if I can get my hands on a heater, else I might have to make one out of an incandescent light and tin can. Brb while I burn my house down lol.

1 Like

It was originally a 12 site cloner, because thatā€™s all I could afford in the budget for net cups and neoprenes. Then I decided not to pay $30 for those and just made my own with foam mats and plastic cups. So it ended up being a 19 site (20 including hole I use for cord). Iā€™m going to use a more shallow bin next time around and try to fit more holes in the top.

1 Like

hereā€™s the one i made on the cheap too, but my water pump didnā€™t have enough pressure for the 360* sprinkler fitting i had, it would spray good ~270* but turned to 360* it would just dribble down the side

for heat you could make a little heater with a tea light candle from a paint can and flower pot. this guys getting 220 degree air coming out of the top. should heat a small area

I had originally planned to make mine in a 5 gallon with one or two 360 sprayers, but I ran out of money before I could buy the bucket and I had the Rubbermaid on hand soā€¦

Iā€™m sure if you had more pressure it would have worked great. I remember the first time I tested the pump was AFTER I had assembled the manifold and sprayers, so I didnā€™t know what to expect or if Iā€™d even have enough pressure so I put it in the bathtub with the curtain closed and turned it on and turned my bathroom into a waterpark! :slight_smile:

As for the heater, I had been taught to do exactly what is shown in this video during survival training when I was in cadets and it worked really well to keep my squadmates warm in a tent in the fall. Who would have thought Iā€™d need these skills someday?

1 Like

how big is your pump? i think mine is only 50 or 75 gph?

400gph victsing submersible pump, $28 on Amazon.ca itā€™s half the size of my palm but still puts out a might amount of water. I have it going through 12 360 degree EZ Clone misters.

I know my camera sucks. Iā€™m basically a hobo.

I mentioned earlier in the thread I also had a control. This was a test to see if a mist is any better than just aerrated water or plain water.

I cut 12 (arguably better looking) clones right after I had my aero cloner full. I made a makeshift bubble cloner that actually worked really good and put half of them in it with the same hormone formula Iā€™m using in the aero cloner. I put the other half in a vase with the same formula but no airstone.

None of them have shown roots, 2 have died, one started to show bumps in the bubbler but then stopped.

This isnt proof that mist is better than bubbler but I thought Iā€™d share that.

1 Like

what is bubbler, like DWC style where roots are submerged w/ airstone or something?

Pretty much, yes. The stems barely touch the waterā€™s surface, the bubbles rise to the top and burst, into tiny particles of water, even smaller than that coming out of my aero misters, then land on the stem and get absorbed. Getting it consistent and even would be key. This one I made was out of a coffee can and an aquarium pump, it honestly should have worked the concept is same as the commercial units. From what I read the bubble cloners like higher temps than aero so that could be why it wasnā€™t as successful too.

@horribleherk56 has been having good luck using one of these to heat his tent.

If youā€™re running a 4x4 space this should heat it just fine.

ā€œhandy heaterā€

3 Likes

Since Iā€™ve been posting nothing but troubles over in the Pest Management thread itā€™s great to have this other thread here with some of the success Iā€™ve been having. Its a silver lining but hey gotta stay motivated!

Got my hands on a small space heater. Ambient is 21C now with 19C rez temps.

Purpling hasnā€™t improved, tops are wilting and yellowing pretty heavily and I accidentally broke one off. They are pretty well established now so I gave them a half strength feeding of DNF Gro it just seemed like they looked hungry.

Same cut as Iā€™ve been posting, 2 days since my last picture:

Iā€™d say theyā€™re about ready to be transplanted, might give them a couple more days to drink up the nutes I gave them. Also tempted to bring the lights closer now that I see the wilting up top and lots of roots below.

4 Likes

nice roots!! its been about 2 weeks now? iā€™m not sure about the purpling. could be strain specific, nutrient issue, or maybe need more air exchange with the dome on. i have never used a humidity dome for cloning or seedlings

1 Like

Yeah a little over 2 weeks since cut.

The dome seemed necessary as the room itself was very dry and cold. I havenā€™t worked up the balls to take it off for anymore than a few minutes at a time in case it actually is helping them lol

The tops are curling and yellowing, very delicate right now. Iā€™m not sure if I should move the light further or closer, I gave them a light foliar with h2o hopefully they perk back up!

If the plants are fully rooted, they should get into your medium of choice (hydro, coco, soil). With a feeding, new growth should start to form.

3 Likes

i use one of these they work well helps with humidity 2

2 Likes

Iā€™m here at the clones stage myself.iā€™ve rooted tomatoes and cactus so Iā€™m going to go for it.iā€™ve read alot.2-4 weeks for good roots with clone-x on cutting.if girls look ok roots probably on their way. :facepunch::facepunch::v::bomb:ā€¦just my opinion bro

1 Like