Check out this bad decarb job. How will it taste? What do I do? Poll!

Since when did decarbed pot ever taste good? lol…I’ve never made anything with canna butter that didn’t taste strong. I use cinnamon in brownies and that covers up the taste pretty good.

1 Like

I honestly haven’t decarbed before hand in years. Put coconut oil or butter along with herb into the crock pot. Set it on low. Check it in 12 hours, strain through cheesecloth in a mesh strainer, then mesh coffee filter, then paper coffee filter. Beautiful green oil. You know its ready because it looks almost purple in the crock…

3 Likes

That’s sounds incredible. I may have to try that sometimes! Thanks!

Everything I’ve made recently out of canna butter has tasted pretty good. Probably because it’s really been the wife making it. :thinking:

Overnight in the crokpot is the way to go for sure.

3 Likes

what was the temp? and how long? I don’t care about the rack? that will determine if the cannabis is mostly usable or totally trashed out!

regards,

1 Like

In the future if you want, you can try decarbing it in the fat that youre going to bind it to.

Usually I seal mine in a rammekin with butter or coconut oil using alunimum foil.

1 Like

Butters cheap I’d still make it. I wouldn’t waste everclear but deffinetly butter

2 Likes

It was on 225 for a few minutes.

I think I’m gonna make butter out of it, and try making the smirea desert. I can’t get away from how good that sounds. :grin:

I didn’t know about that.

Right? It’s just a time and effort thing at that point.

5 Likes

You can also use a roasting bag move the oven rack to lowest setting and if your oven does 185 set it to that done in 15/20 min half way point you can flip and shake it if your doing a full bag .

2 Likes

Tbh, I usually decarb that way. I usually do 245 for 30-40 mins.

2 Likes

Ahhhh. Well, I usually do several ounces at a time.

If I found a large enough container, I just seal, and put it and the butter in the oven at 245 for 30- 40 minutes?

3 Likes

Yep. I would grind it up first. If you want, when youre done you can even strain it. Hell, you could also check the temp.

Edit My uncle uses a coffee grinder.

2 Likes

Just crock pot it.

ZK9vQtt

3 Likes

These are the instructions I have found:

Target Temperature Minutes
T-C 250°F/121°C 30-45
C-D 280°F/140°C 60-90
C-N 320°F/160°C 90-120
Chef Notes:
If you do not have a DecarBox, use an oven roasting bag or on a rimmed baking sheet. Make
sure the pan is the correct size so there is not an empty space on the pan. Bake the cannabis
for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so that it toasts evenly. When the cannabis is
darker in color—a light to medium brown—and has dried out, remove the bag or baking sheet
and allow the cannabis to cool. It should be quite crumbly when handled.

here is a link to more info I found:

5 Likes

I like my magic butter machine .

4 Likes

I have one, it’s o.k.

regards,

2 Likes

I just got my wife in all in one coffee grinder, smoothie maker, blender. I get the old blender and coffee grinder. They’re gonna get dirty :joy:

2 Likes