Decarbing/infusing with a gas stove

Alright so here’s the deal I have decarbed ,infused coconut oil and have made at least six batches of edibles all on a electric stove…
Each batch progressing to better and better potential then the last even had my ratios blah blah blah

Here’s the kicker new place is a propane stove … way harder to control for decarbing probably should just go lower and slower …the first batch I tried set oven to 220•f thirty mins later came in to see a little cloud of smoke when I opened it prolly ruined it right there anyway

The pan I infuse the coconut oil just gets way to hot on the burner even on low …I stacked the grated used two pans almost ready to use the pizza stone😅

Any tips and techniques for cooking with a gas stove!?

5 Likes

Buy an electric cooktop?

I do mine sous vide in boiling water so that might work for you too. Just keep the plastic off the bottom and you should be good. I decarb and infuse in butter at the same time.

3 Likes

Simple 1 burner hotplate could work for you.

41UgU8JtWJL.AC_SY580

4 Likes

We tried doing that in the crockpot one time but messed it up or something

I have also see a deep pot with a glass jar and a little bit of water to cover the bottom …but said subject was never elaborated

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.

3 Likes

Trynna work with what I got fellas !

2 Likes

Sous vide man, I’m telling ya’ it’s the best way I know. You just need a vacuum sealer.

Boiling water for 45 minutes

4 Likes

Fair enough. Just figured those are only like $22 Canadian on Amazon and store easy.

2 Likes

This is what I whipped up last time we made some brownies and it just made us really tired

Decarbed ! Burnt it looks lol

Infused oil

This time I’ll actually be able to use nuggets again :innocent:

3 Likes

Fill a pot with sand, make a sand bath. Put the oil in a mason jar, mason jar in the sand bath, thermometer in the oil et voila.

4 Likes

Sous vide looks like this

5 Likes

I’m interested in this method. Please elaborate.
I have vacuum sealer & thermometer :thermometer: and water I can boil.

3 Likes

You know it brother deff a steal during a regular month right now it’s irregular :crazy_face:

Alright I’ll have to check it out and all u use is vacuum seal bag? we deff have them !

Hmm what to use for a grainuale replacement was just gonna say rice :joy: negative

1 Like

For the sake of me and you both !

1 Like

8g flower (give or take)
1/2 cup butter or 1 cup if you prefer.
Seal
Boil for 45 minutes submerge but don’t let it touch bottom of pot. I use metal colanders.
Strain through nylon bag/cheesecloth
Put in fridge to separate out liquid
Done
Use in recipes or eat with a spoon.

It really is the best way.

No need for a thermometer, boiling water is 212f so that’s why the 45 minute extraction

9 Likes

Sweet. That’s easy. :+1:
What’s the potency for half bock of butter like?
Will you taste weed in Cookies for example using whatever amount of butter the cookie recipe calls for ?

No need to decarb the weed?

2 Likes

The last couple times on the stove we infused the coconut oil with the decarbed weed and it was virtually tasteless actually a hint of orange …yeah I know right

I would eat that with a spoon for sure

2 Likes

Definitely not. :stuck_out_tongue: Rice won’t stand up to 400F temps nearly as well. Sand is also pretty easy to find, though…

Fair point, this might be easier for a simple decarb. My setup is actually for RSO, so it might be a little more involved. :wink: Sounds like you’ve got a nice simple method that should work fine for him.

2 Likes

The weed taste is extremely minimal. Like you wouldn’t be able to tell if you didn’t know.

My math fails me but it’s something like 8 grams x 150 mg = 1200 mg total divided by 30 cookies = 40 mg per cookie.

These numbers are very rough and depend on a lot of things but it’s the math I usually go by.

3 Likes

Ohh do you mean you use the metal colander to keep the bag under water?

Last question, the sealed bag, it has air left it in during boiling or its vacuum sealed tight?

2 Likes