Attempt Uno, Edibles - Loki Maybe Try Cook Book

Hello Internet,
I hope everyone is having a fine dandy morning. I last night had some mystery amount, say .5-1g of some mystery weed I got. Around my parts it’s uh… it’s all miss not hit that’s why im here. But I was able to make this butter using the .5 / 1.5 TBS of Butter method.

Disclaimer since I may need one
I just set the oven and stove top to reccomnded with the video I found. I feel bad I didn’t give these puppies some love during that process. Next time I will temp correct, use a box, etc. I don’t have the pic of the bud. Just butter and process and after.

What did he do?

1. Broke it up and layed into a square sheet of foil. Folded in then the sides even cooking space.
  2. 275F, for 30 mins was my recommended time. They came out a little haze look, maybe have cooked longer or if someone knows could have been how dry it was.
  3. Used the mason jar, water, and pot trick to do the magic they call it. 3-4 on stove top for 1 hour in the jar and butter. I used store butter.
    4.I cut up a tbag that was carrying herbs gave it a good wash then placed over strainer to strain. Worked perfect maybe could have cut less but highly reccomend if not needing cheese cloth. I did have a problem at the end where a tad didn’t get through so I struggled and some of the weed was grinded so I wanted to be safe not knowing if I should have some pieces in it or n

.4. Chilled the baby in glass tupaware every momma should have and it’s perfect.
5. Made my reciepe of pancakes but did 1.5TBS of that Smutta, and then 1.5TBS of regular to equal the amount.

Also, it has a sausage smell or test. It’s not off putting well to some maybe idk. Just regular breakfeast sausage near the bacon and eggs. Thought could be from cooking butter too high, many things that could have happened. Any thoughts and questions and advice and good teasing on my process is encouraged.

(Munching on the pancakes rn made about 5 with the mix 1 tiny one, see how 3 good ones do thank you for reading this and enjoy yourselves too cheers) -Loki

Question: Any other good methods easy for smaller batches 5g-10g . Thank you wizards.

4 Likes

8 grams with a 1/2 cup of butter sealed in a vacuum bag boiled for 45 minutes.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

I still have to try that, seems almost too easy.

Sausage… now that’s a new one. Maybe you’re smelling some similar spice-like terpenes. The terpene profile changes with the heat, I have gotten some interesting smells. I had some Lemon Bean that smelled wonderfully of lemon balm but when cooked it smell much more if a skunk who rubbed a lemon on its ass.

1 Like

It is :+1:

And it’s the least green butter I’ve ever made!

2 Likes

LOL, jesus they said I would smell greatness.

Yeah, I say butter or the jar I didn’t give a good clean from storing weed. Honestly the bud but give it a shot does what you need just get what you need.

1 Like

Thank god im not crazy.

My grandma got one of sealers recently too… as I may say thank you to one. Bigger batches for my situation too wooo!

2 Likes

I’ve made bigger batches with different methods but this one I make for immediate use. No reason you couldn’t scale up though.

Oh crap, you just hit me with that. I don’t have to even let it sit overnight as long as I strain the sucker. You the man, also any recommendations on butter? I am US so I don’t know if may play a part.

2 Likes

Boil butter/weed.
Let cool mostly
Strain through nylon bag/cheesecloth
Pour in bowl in fridge until it hardens.
Pop a hole in the top and drain the water.
Let soften
Use in recipe.

It’s a very simple and effective way to do it and it doesn’t stink up the joint.

Straight grocery store butter is fine.

I’ve never done it but I’m sure you could do coconut or olive oil the same way too :+1:

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh, See I had that at the bottom of mine I knew that store bought or suopposadly not getting top qual you get more water % in the butter. I was putting a humidifier in front of that puppy. People don’t mind, just courteous. That’s my next method when I get something new. Thanks for the wizard tips bro.

1 Like

Try plugra butter, unsalted. That’s what I use. 1/2 oz herb per 8oz butter.

Then the next day simmer it on top of water to pull chlorophyll and resolidify again. This step will remove any residual milk solids too. You can do it 2 or 3 times if you want.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. One more thing is to put in slightly more than a half a cup of butter. Like a half cup plus 2 tablespoons to account for butter absorption in the green material

My cookie recipe comes out very different if I’m a few tablespoons light.

I make this into a batch of about 30 cookies at ~40mg THC depending on quality of input.

All the best.

Yes, I should have mentioned this.

Ohh, so I want to have that nice red lobster garlic clear look when I simmer it then pool boy the top. I assume this is before since it would stick to those fats you’d be removing.

2 Likes

Gotcha, so

8 Gs, Vaccum seal, boil 45. Now is this also after we decarb it I assume wouldn’t just throw it without that process. I may wanna invest in a decarb box get the temp right. Then a litlte extra so it’s not straight mean and green.

I just need to get solid stuff maybe take a trip to illinois area. People seem nice they banter on their thread. You better be using good choclate chips or toppings on those cookies. No nestle… I swear…

2 Likes

The boiling is the decarb. Boiling water is 212 which is a little low so that’s why I do a little longer at 45 minutes.

The baking of the cookies is a further decarb but I’ve eaten straight butter with a spoon before.

We often do chocolate chips but they are good as plain sugar cookies too.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’ll still be green, but a lighter green. Only do it after the infusion step. It’ll be easier on your stomach. I do this to my coconut oil too.

1 Like

Sugar cookies with the clarified and infused butter are seriously good. Peanut butter cookies are unreal.

Thank you, it took one brave step to get one giant step in knowledge. Glad to see I wasn’t doing it wrong , just wrong happened. I’ll get a update when I may make the next batch.