Chernobyl lacking vigor

These are about 2 weeks old, and don’t seem to be getting anywhere. Bio365 Bioall soil, pH water only. Do these normally have a slow start? Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Plants look fine to me. Some just grow faster than others.

4 Likes

Yeah they look fine. They’re just a little slow to get going. I was just wondering if is common for this plant from those who’ve grown it out.

1 Like

Whose Chernobyl is it?

My experience with Bob Bitchen fems is that yeah, they do start kinda slow, and they’re often not as green as the rest of the plants I grow it with.

1 Like

These are the OverGrow seedrun ones. That’s why I figured someone here would know. I only ran a few, so I realize I’m limiting myself. I have more :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was using a spray bottle to make sure I don’t overwater, but maybe I’ve been giving them the bare minimum

Probably most of the growth right now is below ground. I think that once she fills out that pot a bit, she will go faster. Let us know.

1 Like

A few people have popped Chernobyl F2 seeds and posted in the original topic. Try posting there and see if anyone else has found them to be slow.

You can see if the first post that the F1s looked pretty vigorous a few weeks in. Looking at some of your bud shots in other topics (nice work!), I’m sure you know this, but it will depend a lot on lighting and container size.

3 Likes

Thanks!! I should’ve checked there. They’re in a 1 gallon, and I have my 300w (2x4) at about 70% @ 22-24" :+1:

I have it turned higher because I also have some regs that are a couple weeks ahead.

1 Like

Hey this was your project :facepunch: Good work bud

2 Likes

Give them a good thorough watering and leave them be for a few days, see what happens.
With that amount of vermiculite, probably too dry.

3 Likes

I agree that they look a bit dry.

1 Like

This was first thing in the am just before I watered, but I’ve definitely been more reserved though. I pretty much blast it with the spray bottle a dozen times on each side of the stem until they get a bit bigger. I’m always worried about overwatering these things. I still tend to do it every so often when they’re in the 1 gallon.

I guess my next question would be about how far out the roots would be about now and maybe I should be covering more soil area.

I’ve noticed a lot of my pants are small out of veg which gets me thinking about how I’ve been doing things.

2 Likes

Imho you can definitely water further out now if they aren’t to the edges they will be shortly . At that size I’d say they should have quite the root mass already .

2 Likes

Thanks man. I always get through it, but at the same time I feel like I’m winging the first 40 days of watering. I often overwater thinking there’s more of a root structure.

Of course my friend, no problem at all. Overwatering in the first 30 days is sooo common. I’ve used a clear solo in a coloured one for years to watch/gauge my root development so I have a pretty good idea… but still get surprised here and there, some strains just don’t need much mass I suppose but the majority definitely does, when I ran rdwc for 5 years it was mind boggling the root mass you can build in those, like unreal!

3 Likes

I’m constantly learning and tweaking

3 Likes

Hell yes that’s what it’s all about, I’ve been at this almost 22 years now (I know, crazy right I don’t even feel 22 in my head :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I’m constantly learning and tweaking things myself, I’ve tried most methods now but I still really wanna do LSO (living soil) and hopefully I will this year, then I’ll truly decide what’s best for me. And right now it’s between RDWC/CoCo I have a serious love affair for both mediums/forms. But once I fully commit to one and dial stuff in I’m sure it’ll be even better. But……… I’ll still be learning :wink:
Keep up the great work :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

If it’s chilly in the grow area (quite cold here) it slows the growth down.

2 Likes

Yeah man. Its definitely been really cold. Mily light goes out at 11 pm, so I might have to make a couple changes. The nights are getting really cold lately. Thanks