Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Still no power…5PM now…light out til 7 maybe? Not sure what to do with em… throw the girls In flower tent and hope for the best . There bed time is 730 anyway.they certainly are getting a brreeze today with remnant winds of 60-80 gusts lol they are pretty strong I must say!!

@anon20530495
Hey my guy. The veggers should be fine if they get 12 hours dark??? They’ll go back to veg fairly easily???

They are pretty stunted at 6 weeks anyway I might just have to bin them. They look healthy . Just runts.

How do you think a clone of a runt will DO??? Is there any possibility that the clones would be small also??
Really doesn’t make sense why they halted growth. Aside from my Obvious beginner mistakes.

Should I bring them to they’re tents when Sun goes down and just hope power comes back soon?

3 Likes

Power grid failures BLOW. Yes, get those vegging plants back on an 18/6 or 24/0 (or whatever you use) as soon as you can. They will be fine. Flowering plants are your concern. If you’re only off by a day’s cycle, I wouldn’t stress. Just jump back to 12/12 the next day for the reg cycle.

My man, stop talking about tossing your plants lol! Believe in your work and allow them time to do their thing. This is a patient man’s game. Don’t sweat the minutiae.

2 Likes

Which washing method was a improvement over the others ? Or is there difference?

The h202 vs baking soda h2o2 lemon?

I still have it all stored away .

I’ve smoked it all and can’t tell much of a difference…one definitely has a lemon citrus nose on it :slight_smile:
I would definitely do either or again.
I cant remember but I think they both involved h2o2 .

No weird taste or anything or burning issues… did it to my chem91 and wedding cake

2 Likes

Blockquote
@ShiskaberrySavior

1 Like

I will have to break out a couple buds of each .

I sealed it all up for later use as I smoked a big spliff one evening this summer and i had really Racey head high that lasted for a while and didn’t enjoy it.

But I’ve since had it in the mornings and day time and it’s been fine.

I find the Chem gets me realy pasted / dry mouth hahah! Haven’t gotten than since I was a teenager lol

1 Like

No pic… Power is out and wasn’t thinking about taking photos .

I had some down time due to outage and gave the girls a whole new hair doo!!!
Damn they loook SCHWAZZY!! ESPECIALLY with all the young buds starting !! Ending second week now.- not much stretch what so ever… . . The Bday cake stretched crazy though!

2 Likes

Are we worryng about possibly herm issues??

FFS ffhck that!!!
Worst case scenario is they get more darkness than they should…

Looks like powers going to be off all nig

Assuming lights come on at 730 am - i should be fine.

They had lights out for an extra 4 hours. . . .and then light would have been for only 7 hours …then back in the tent. Hopefully only 13 hours dark this round…

1 Like

Back online early this morning - before 7 am for sure.

Plants been heavily defold…
Time to start seeing some budding!!

Not much stretch on the sour jacks oddly enough…day or two more might see something.

9 Likes

More.of.the same… Girls.doing really well in my eyes!!! Super healthy and thirsty. Leaves turnt up! Water today’s!
Some shots from today… I must be close on 16 days into flower ???

7 Likes

They need a dead air space between floor and tent.
So you can hit ambient heat temp also the cold will transfer thru the insulating board.

If cement, I like to use floor heat under ceramic tile for radiant heat, this is the only way to go.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh my!
Thank you .
It is cement

I don’t have option for floor heating…

I will be finished this one out in garage in a 7weeks…and then anything wil be in the basement again on cement

I have access to pallets.

Do you think this would allow a air space between floor an tent ??? I can probably rig it up with two pallets.
Could I put some filler between the pallet or just sheath it then place tent on top?

2 Likes

Pallets will work fine, electric thermostatic controlled floor heat can always be put in.
12 x 12 tile is cheap
Floor mat with thermostat maybe 150 pending on what size.
Can’t beat it, I’d your winters are even remotely winters it will pay for itself.

3 Likes

Sounds pretty fly to me!

Not sure the wife will go for more equipment lol!

I can probably Swing it! I will start looking into it. The Proverbial seed haas been planted :wink:

4 Likes

Watch out here I come just like that buddy thank you I bet it’s going to make a world of difference

Temperature dropped to 7 over nigh last night

6 Likes

Thanks man. I appreciate the suggestion.

I really do. I am here to learn - always .

Next it is the basement for the winter… Maybe I can clean it up first .

L

5 Likes

Squat little girls .

@Greyfox
I wonder if my plants have always stayed so squat because of the cold cement. Even though the summer it shouldn’t of been to cool.
Do the rubber drain pans help reduce transfer of temp at all?? Lol

3 Likes

Some youngins
Really really low odour on these… Sour jack and birthday cake.
Strong strong stem rub smell on BC.
I remembered my previous run they stunk in Veg even …

5 Likes

I just did some fan leaf defoliating.

After leaving these fems alone for a couple weeks to do they’re thing…they look great.

However the entire limbs are covered entirely in this over Growth .

Any reason for this? No light coming through canopy? Poor light ?

I am going to shave it all off in thinking…

2 Likes

Day 21 sinceflip to flower

Getting some pungent citrus flower Smell today doing some gardening.

Humidity not where I want it however a tropical storm is brewing and its definitly warm outside + humidity

21 days today since flipped to flower.

Hoping this week they really start bulking up ! Never grew sativa before but I think the time line is much different than indicas - along with a known ,9-10-12week flower time .

Lets gooo hey hey!!

I’ve got them on a 13 hour darkness 11 light… As I sometimes need a bit.ox extra time.before lights out.

So it’s from OFF 7:30pm -8:30AM ON

I prefer this routine as I don’t have to worry about accidental light leaks
However come colder temperatures I may have to migrate everything inside

I’d love to finish outside however the temps are going to be difficult to maintain

6 Likes