Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

I’ll take it off the heat mat lol

thanks

I can wash the stems daily too whenever I Change the water also.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t need to actually change the water. Never hurts, though!

1 Like

okay !

right on!

I noticed one time the stems got a little scuzzy

2 Likes

Usually it’s opportunistic pathogens that lead to failure. As long as you are in the right temp zone with bubbles moving the water, it should work out. If you add nutrient or something to the water, it could lead to failure. I only ever add a few drops, if at all.

1 Like

will not be adding anything.

just noticed…i had my bluelab PH pen In a jar with a little bit of water. and it dried out. ffs I hadn’t been using it for months. hopefully I can replace the tip if I can’t calibrate it if its toast…

also…
just chopped down and Hung.
not gonna bother flipping anything else right now . going to Veg for a bit.

8 Likes

no promix.

should I add a bit of worm castings to this happy frog?

6 Likes

Yeah no need to flip anything yet with holidays coming up and all, and ewc I don’t see why not.

An idea think a thread title change or a new thread is due with 2023 around the corner :wink: I’m gonna have to start up a new thread myself.

3 Likes

no flipping. :slight_smile:
I just removed the two pots with medium from Chopped plants to eliminate added moisture.

have two exhaust fans and one small office fan.

I Uppotted 2 BOG LSD FEM
3 AK48 reg.

1AK48 in one with promix + extra perlite. gaia 4-4-4 and a little EWC.
1AK48 WITH happy frogg + Ewc and added Gaia 444

WILL BE INTERSTING TO SEE A SIDE BY SIDE

I also am planning on filling some red solos , labeling them and running a batch of CBD and some other treasures.

11 Likes

Dec 13 2022!
into the mind of a young grower

lol

more bandwidth

so.

I felt I wasn’t getting what I wanted from the MAXISUN lamp.

I had just shut down the flower tent with my Mars hydro
in it was hangingz-drying two stupendous purple plants

I decided to swap everything. and get a little clean up in while doing so.

just wasnt getting results from Maxi for veg or ever really …

so i swapped the contents of each tent.

I’m wondering what strength I should keep this light at and how high…im testing temp control now to see what I get.

I likened to leaving the lights on max as that’s what they’re true intentions are for.

I’ve got cooling fans for the lights mods.

• I also noticed- my lights flicker sometimes…loose wiring @MarsHydro
    usuallly.when dimmer is enabled via switch.

** also * caution to anyone sweeping up tents…with long broom handle…please be very careful…I pretty much dinged the light out of my Mars 330…surprised it did not crack with my luck*

HAPPY FROG seems a little hot :fire:…could just be my mixing of everything

9 Likes

Lights are just one factor in it all as you know you just may have things out of balance else where in which your lights can’t be full utilized, in regards to light levels the easiest is consider where your best buds were last run on your plants and how you were running at the time and try and replicate that distance and output, now one could grab a light reading if one has a meter or a phone app just as a point of reference so when adjusting output or hang height you can fall in that same previous range, it’s kinda a dummy stick reference compared to say a par/epar meter but still works perfectly fine for yourself it’s just likely not accurate if you want to compare to others, like for me with my cheapo meter a 50k lux level is good for me for flowering plants at bud level.

4 Likes

so

happy frog is alot heavier than my previous medium. promix

watering is going to be a little tricky. this stuff does not seem to dry out as the promix.
I should have added some additional perlite

basically I don’t have a baseline for weight for the pots

time to get to work !

germinating some beans !
CBD @ShiskaberrySavior
PK @CADMAN
and some fire alien kush from secret Santa :santa:

its going to be a full tent or two…something to keep me from going crazy the winter

5 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior cbd looking good germ rate…lol

7 Likes

Hopefully you’ll get some females .

3 Likes

lol hopefully

what have I done @@@ lol

6 Likes

will have to re arrange n get a heat mat in there if they gonna survive this one

HEAT MAT In place.

11 Likes

Are those the AK48’s from the fall box?

2 Likes

yes they are
I’ll get you photos

3 Likes

some solid plants@@@

8 Likes

got some baby seedlings pop…everything except my PK do far. will hold out

all of the fire alien kush and CBD are popping well

5 Likes

Awesome, I’m glad that they are growing well for you. The ones that I have grown have very little variance in leaf structure. Looks like you are going to have some thick stems. Hopefully you have a couple ladies there!

2 Likes