Chiefer’s Den

Looking pretty good. Hope for a healthy finish!

Got any unedited higher resolution shots? I’d love to see the frost and the color of the pistils without the effects you used. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What format are you looking for? Editing wise I adjusted white balance (auto color temp doesn’t work well in the tent) and for some shots exposure. I have added a hint of vignette to make it easier on the eyes.

1 Like

Just normal jpeg (jpg) but higher resolution would be cool so I could zoom in, with no vignette and no color temp adjustments done manually.

FYI this site allows any resolution on files below 1000KB, but restricts resolution above the filesize of 1000KB. I use a batch resizing app that allows me to set an output resolution or an upper limit of 1000KB on jpgs it spits out. It does a good job of preserving quality, too.

Does your camera have manual or auto white balance adjustment? Just curious - perhaps the lights you’re using are a really weird spectrum and your high end DSLR doesn’t like it?

1 Like

It has auto, or I can select from the common choices (3200k, 5200k, 4000k, ect).

1 Like

I’d be interested in trying out that app. I struggle a little with optimizing my photos for this site.

1 Like

Here’s a post I made about it on another thread:

Should have all the details you need for resolution changes and filesize reductions. If you want to do the max resolution and quality given a specific filesize, you rename the app to something like “PhotoResizeK1000.exe” where the K#### indicates that you want it to manage the best photo quality and highest rez up to the number in KB.

Hope that helps!

5 Likes

Planning to pop some beans for the next round. I’m considering running some of Bodhi’s Dread Bread x SSDD. I may try my hand at selective pollination and make a small batch of f2s. Other options I might do would be Dragon Temple from Magic Spirit or Silver Mountain f2. Decisions…

4 Likes

That ssdd cross should be nice. I’d love to see that ! All of them sound like winners though :sunglasses::green_heart:

3 Likes

I think run whatever speaks to you and, no matter what you choose, do a small personal seed increase with each male and female you find to practice the skills and techniques, to look through them in the future, and to perhaps even share. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Did a lighter top dressing that should hopefully take me through harvest with 2 tsp biolive and 3 tsp flower girl.

3 Likes

Under a full moon I Dropped 6 Dread Bread x SSDD and 4 Blue Ripper into an H2O/H2O2 bath and then into the paper towel sauna.

6 Likes

:muscle:t3::muscle:t3::sunglasses::sunglasses: Full Moon sprouting is bad ass.

3 Likes

Well, it looks like I have root aphids. I’ve been watching my plants show some leaf symptoms and slow down in flower development and water consumption. I’d been thinking maybe they were starting to get hungry for Ca, but it didn’t quite seem right. Tonight as I watered I noticed some undeniable movement on my soil. I got my loupe out and got one in sight. I’m at week 9 now. All of the plants appear to need more than a week, but flower ripening has slowed down some. I suspect that I should probably just chop them soon and call it good the flowers are just a bit under ripe.

3 Likes

That sucks. Be careful because sometimes other soil mites look like root aphids but aren’t.

The slowdown in development could just be that you’re reaching the limit of your small containers, despite all your top dressing and teas. I’d suggest letting them go until they’re finished unless you see actual problems reflected in the buds themselves.

5 Likes

Thanks @nube , good point. They could be running out of steam in their two gallon pots. I fed a little lighter last time in anticipation of them winding down. The buds look healthy, all leaf symptoms are isolated to the fan leaves. Some of that is normal chlorosis that I would expect at this stage.

3 Likes

I spritzed the top of the soil with my H2O2 solution (~0.75%).

2 Likes

I recognize that it will not kill them off, but hopefully will knock them back a touch. I could water in either Neem or H2O2 next watering. The H2O2 won’t help my biological life, but I’m almost at the finish line.

2 Likes

Damn. How do root aphids get into a garden? Amendments? clones? I’m terrified of those

4 Likes

Don’t chop early . I think you are far enough along that you can make it to harvest.
I also suggest you do everything you can to ID whatever those bugs are .

3 Likes

Plants are looking alright. I haven’t seen any crawlers in my soil since watering in a weak H2O2 solution (<.5%). I just ordered a small USB microscope from the Zon so I’ll have that for IPM observation and checking trichs. I’m thinking it should prove useful when compared with my simple loupe.

3 Likes