First grow diary ever! Indoor pls help

Would like to start a grow log or diary,seriously could use some help
First entry; I am currently working on some (imo) really intense crosses ,what I call#10 is my female f13/st3Xc99,stayed green,probably need to put outside,im to far north for her to finish,(want purple)
My#30,is her sis,turns purple,(keeper for me)

20&#50, are my black widow X sensi star female’s .again my 20 is green and stays that way,the 50 stays purple

I’ll go and get pics in a bit not at location right now,and I was only able to get pics of my outdoor stuff,my new question would be,how to upload pics properly,and save here somewhere?
Lights: 3 x250 w mh(shop lights,$10 a piece came with bulbs) I run one in veg and I have some fluorescents in that room as well,
Indoor flower room:2 x250 w mhs
Plus one led( old as they come) not sure what the wattage is,only use when my fan isn’t running
Also no timers all manual,( unfortunately i have missed (forgot) a night time 12 about 2 wks ago so I shutter down for about 24 hrs to make up
Medium is soil,homemade mix (through away bags I know that there is high porosity 2 bags,stetilized peat moss 2 bags,worm castings 2 bags,perlite4 small bags,vermiculite,2 small bags,2 different types of potting soil,big bags
Don’t remember the exact values of each,probably to rich for a proper flush,various containers,various sizes,i also use dolomite lime,no measurements a handful or so when I imagine it would need some,(must sound insane) but I am being honest
Pests; definitely fungus gnats,i seemed to have wiped out mostly everything else trying to get rid of the gnats
Pest control: safers mixed heavy 3 cap fulls per 1/2liter

11 Likes

You are in the right spot. Just edit your post above mine with your first journal entry. Done deal

5 Likes

You just made one lol change the name of ur diary to what you want. Are you growing indoors? An throw up some pics of your work, what lights you got, what soil, hydro?, ect…
Cheers man I’ll be looking forward to your grows😁

6 Likes

Thanks again I really appreciate the little hints,ha,progress at last!!!

8 Likes

Thank you so much!!I hope to get everything together as soon as I can!! Ya brother!!!

5 Likes

:slight_smile: Welcome. And we all love more than the bud here, I think.

I believe your pics remain archived here when they are posted in a message but not sure about a bulk upload. Maybe make a model/rough draft of your post?
(I don’t think OG’s intended as file storage, btw).

If you are familiar with some other members grow journals/logs maybe copy a bit of each of their style? Everybody likes ease & simplicity but it’s hard to write a polished essay if using a phone, and some of us have disabilities that make writing a lengthy message an extra challenge.

I suck at math & programming but I got lucky with language so sometimes I forget that an “unclear” message just needs re-consideration usually.

Feel free here. :slight_smile: :peace: :thumbsup:

“Using no way as a way, having no limitation as limitation.”

― Bruce Lee, Tao of Jeet Kune Do

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Yes and thank you,and I am not looking for bulk or even storage,was intended only to show for the purpose of criticism(positive only pls),or rather constructive criticism,you gave me a lot to consider,i will definitely try my best ,great ideas!!!
And yes I do love more than just bud

10 Likes

Okay this is some of the mothers

10-f13/st3Xc99(fsc) green

20-black widow X sensi star(bwss) green

30-fsc purple

40 fsc male eliminated after crossing it with everything available at that time,he was a beautiful plant,heathy and vigorous!

50 bwss,purple ish

60 sweetjack (st3 xjack here male than back crossed twice )Xblue berry male,male still have for seed purposes(just cut two more clones two days ago

Have others still in the veg to be sexed just took a bunch of cuttings to sex and further grow 2 days ago,also took cuttings from #30&#50 lost track of which ones are which out of this batch of rooted clones (transplanted yesterday to tiny pots)
I can’t figure out why some of my words are larger than others? Am I leaning on a button or key or something?

10 Likes

I love your quote ,what a concept yeah!! The way of the intercepting fist ,Bruce Lee, brilliant!!!certainly put a smile on my face!!

8 Likes

The new potential mothers are :

13 (ftw)(the name i gave it only to make it easier for me to identify) originally train wreck clone crossed to a super silver Haze male then back crossed to the clone two more times,than selected for the train wreck pheno and crossed to a f13 male,as far as I understand,i seen two hairs for early sexing behind a flag or two,hoping it is ,smells great in veg.

14 is sshXblue berry and then back crossed two more times then crossed with a chemdawg d male , again producing hairs behind a flag or two,hoping it is truly a female,this one smells phenomenal!!! In veg

61 is a sister(I hope) to my 60 male again smells that make me salivate!!! Early inspection showing two hairs behind the flags.

Only reason I haven’t triggered any to sex properly Is because I am struggling to clone took my second batch of clone the other day the first batch is currently trying to pull through probably not going to make it almost forgot

22 was from a batch of peakseedbc ,was the biggest bean in the package,no odor at all massive fat indica leaves,short and squat,little purple on some stems ,leads me to believe that it could possibly be a northern lights or at least a cross of.this last batch of seedlings where started about 6 wks ago,a and I will trigger the mothers once I know for sure that I have clones to take their place,terrified that I’ll lose all clones and have the mothers budding,would not reveg ,I’m sure I stress them out enough already,i get the fumbles if that a word ,ha I’m sure you can figure out what I am try to say

2 Likes

Can someone please let me know how I am doing?

5 Likes

How do you feel your doing?? It seems like you know what your doing. . . They look good to me :+1:

5 Likes

I’d say you are doing a lot with a little and that’s always to be admired. I get anxious about my garden all the time not having a mentor to look it over. i’ll have a camera soon so i can show the grow soon and it’s less to show off than yours.

i’m still a newb at indoor but i’m always happy to see over-the-top safety precautions but honestly don’t have them myself. :wink: if you want me to nitpick i’d just say stand back and overview your whole setup, break it down & keep your strategy simple but adaptable. that’s what i’m finding is necessary(a la male plant above i thought was a 1 lb. female) to handle the crap that goes wrong. that’s why i’ve move from outdoor last year to this year indoor, light-dep outdoor, and natural outdoor, followed by a seeded run to finish the year & ensure a better 2019. i plan to let go of all my mothers & retire for the winter for a couple of months because non-stop gardening for 4-5 harvests is wearing me down.

i should add that i’m a low-income home grower for meds, not a comm’l farmer but i’ve been living that life this year, sorta. bugs wacked about 80% of last years meds(for this year) and that’s why i’ve been on the war-path.

:persevere: :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Thanks,im really traumed out about the gnats,i went in one morning after a good(obviously excessive) watering to find mold,i freaked out and made a (stronger than normal) heavy bleach solution( maybe need hydrogen peroxide at hand) and did what I thought I should at the time,misted the top of the soil,removed everything and proceeded to clean,it wasn’t long (1-2dys) fungus gnats everywhere,i feel like I want to start over ,my (homemade soil mix) that I had just made was also covered in mold ,so I threw it out as well,havr been spraying(heavy safers mix) daily ,I don’t feel any progress at all, I think it’s making them healthier!! They seem to love the stuff,im stumped,im feeling distraught over everything,idk…help

5 Likes

Fungus gnats are normal, im pretty sure anyway… but u gotta get rid of them I use fly strips hang them if you can put them on the ground all around them, you can never have to many and there really effective. In my opinion I’m sure there’s better ways but there relativley cheap lol.
But on the other hand if you sprayed the soil with the bleach and there’s plants still there when you sprayed the soil,
best of luck in your recovery😓
I’m stumped on the mold situation I’m sure someone might know.
Cheers
Just lifta lol😉

3 Likes

As long as the mold is white, it is just mycelium and beneficial to the soil life. As far as fungus gnats, get some nematodes they will take care of things for you.

2 x 5 million Beneficial Nematodes (S.feltiae) - Nema Globe Fungus Gnat Pest Control total 500sqft coverage - BONUS 5 Yellow Sticky Cards (traps) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATKQYVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-.2rBbFCWWBXZ

5 Likes

can you take a picture for the class to help you out? :wink:

my guess it’s just good healthy soil(fungi are a main ingredient) and the gnats are feasting, coming in from anywhere. they smell mycorhizzae like flys love shit.

search OG for … oh hell:

and try the bT bacterial attack. stickytraps are mostly your monitor not your defense. however i have seen “sticky trap mulch” covering containers almost completely up to the stem, these seem like a waste unless your bread is on the line. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And thank you for your kind consideration,i too am a low income med patient,i can’t afford more than a quarter or so( that’s splurging for me,lol) per month,i have never produced any smokable medicine,even my oil comes out uncured( high type,burnout),blah, previous runs mainly to produce my own seed stock(actually ran nutes right till the end hoping the seed would benefit and store the nutrients for when it get sown, my own crazy idea) can never afford seeds either,but I saved for two years,then suffered(still recovering from the purchase) I have never sold anything,i believe it should be free,grown in everyone’s garden next to your corn or peas( releases nitrogen for surrounding root zones), before I grew anything I was a welder I’d buy a qp at a time and would leave a cup of rolled johnnies by the front door ,if you where welcome in my home then you where welcome to indulge,thats just the way we(wife and I) um rolled hehe,im at a point where I must find work for sure( finanally should have been a year ago) I just can’t ,I wear down incredibly fast,i would love to trade some of my stock and definitely give some away,i can’t afford the postage,ha,( not looking for$ here)this hardship can’t last for ever,i certainly need to think about a different growing medium,and that is where I can start again ,I can’t go out and buy the material ,I need to piece it together like the last one,must have better drainage( for flushing purposes as well as mold prevention) and I can’t afford nematodes$30 for the cheapest could do a dozen pots or so,and can’t find lady bugs(to purchase) anywhere,( maybe I should collect them from outside),I’m so glad for the chance to chat with someone with similar issues ,peace hope you have an awesome day!!!

4 Likes

Ya @ReikoX beat me to it. . .well he said it a hell of a lot better. . . But ya white mold is good. . . It’s when it starts changing to colors other than just white you should worry. . . And yes H2o2! Get it learn it LOVE it. . . But don’t forget the most important tool you have - LITFA. Say cool brotha
-H-

2 Likes

Aw you guys are amazing!!! Thank you to everyone!!! These were taken last night

5 Likes