Red Hot Cookies

Will fill this in better over the next couple days, but creating the placeholder now.

Starting a run with 3 Red Hot Cookies, and 1 Tropicanna Poison

The RHC were donated by @FiveGar. Strain created by Sweet Seeds.

The TP were made on my previous run. Strain created by Sweet Seeds. (Because I these were Fast x Fast, this bean has a chance of being an auto, but its really just me messing around, so whatever ends up happening is fine)

The plan is to manifold each plant, and once I have 8 branches established on each, to hit one branch on each RHC with CS, and flip.

Each plant is in its own DWC system in a 5 gallon bucket.
The buckets (and usually my cat) are in a 4x4 section of a tent, and I have a SF-4000 in there.

Nutrient List:
GH 3 part nutrients, CalMag, Silica Blast, HydroGuard, and eventually some MOAB.

I started them in cotton pads, in a ziplock bag, loosely following this method: (props to @Rhai88 for the suggestion)

I started one extra TP bean, because my first attempt to germ in a paper towel did not go well, but it was not needed.

30 Likes

i see autos. i watch :grin::+1:

1 Like

There may not be any auto. We will have to see. I forget the chance when making (Fast x Fast) beans, but I think it was around 25%

3 Likes

First thing to mention is AA is dominate photo period
aa is recessive auto
aA/Aa is fast photo

First photo x auto will make all fast finishing photos

Cross the fast photos and 25% are auto 25%photo and

50%fast photos

Cross the 25% autos and u will have the auto gene isolated for 100% auto

Cross the 25%photos and u are back to photoperiod 100%

Cross the 50%fast finishing and your at the same point

Cross the fast finish photo with the auto and u will have half and half fast photos and autos

Cross the fast finishing with a photo and your half and half photo and fast photo

Hope thos helps on what to expect

That should clarify it easier with better visual.understanding:)

13 Likes

They were photo so it would be (fast photo x fast photo)

Thank you for that breakdown. It will take me a few to let that process :rofl:

1 Like

One sec I’ll edit with pics :wink:

1 Like

I am on board!

For a second there I thought your were using those cotton patched that one uses to clean a certain tool … and then said Na! :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Waiting on your pic :wink:
Oops! Bump

2 Likes

I follow that means 75% chance that this will be photo, mostly that it will be fast photo again, but the thing is if it happens to go auto on me, I might not time the pollination correctly.

1 Like

Means within a month your gonna see some continue to veg under 18-24 hour light and some are gonna transition to flower, take what starts to flower on its own and that’s your 25%er ur looking for

Refresh page and look up in previous comments u will see the punnett square explainations

2 Likes

Thanks. That does break it down easier. I’m not trying to stabilize the trait on this run, just thought it would be fun to cross these 2 colorful strains, and see what happens, but mostly the point was to make some more RHC beans.

how is fast photo different from normal photo?? finish faster?? or start flowering earlier??

1 Like

Well if I’m not mistaken those two are a photoperiod and a fast photo, means ur not gonna see any auto traits in the 4 seeds and crossing them is actually taking them back to half and half photo and fast photo so even those resulting seeds u won’t see the traits, only way u will see autos come up is if you crossed the trop poison together which I don’t see happening since they are fem seeds. So any off spring assuming red hot cookies is a male will be photo and fast photo in the offspring

1 Like

The TP is a bean I made on a previous run where I reversed a TP so the bean is already Fast x Fast

Also, I think the RHC is Fem Photo, which is why I need to CS the branches on this run.

Finish faster, could have a strain with a 10-12 week flowering time and crossed with an auto can make it a 7-9 week as a fast finishing. Still gonna be a photo period though requiring being steered into flowering with a drop in daylight hours to 13/11, 12/12, and 11/13

1 Like

Ah gotcha! So yes it’s possible u may see an auto pop up in the trop. But where it gets more complex is now u have 25% full photo and 50%fast photo also being present and will never know the difference till the very end if it doesnt auto or which finishing fast and which didn’t.crossing back to a full photo too so unless ur finding an auto in there majority of the project will likely end up half fast finish and half photo

2 Likes

You’ll probably be able to tell the difference between the full photos and fast photos if you’re paying close attention around flip time. Fast photos typically show flowers quicker than full photo… it takes a few days to a week, rather than two weeks. Of course, it’s not exactly an exact science saying when a plant’s fully flowering, but when you’re comparing them side-by-side it’s probably a bit easier. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, cool. I’ve never really been sure about that. Thanks for the info :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I like this visual. Really give’s a clear picture to whats going on

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I want to see you doing it. :smiley: :raising_hand_woman:

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes