CHM, LED and other lighting options

I’m assuming that I’ll receive a notification from the site on or about the subjects that I was entering before you hit me up right,like lightning and ballast to start,I’ve read so much that I’m almost confused about it but I have experience with mh but interested in CHM 315 but I’m going to fill out the subjects that interest me and you have a good day brother

3 Likes

Nice. Lighting is huge and because of cost, important to feel comfortable about buying.

I love the good ol fashined T5 Flouro for veg, but the electricity costs are up.

I use HPS 600 & 400 combined for flower now, but am considering LED.

Keep reading, this site is great and eventually something will make sense.

2 Likes

I’ve got a friend who has both led and hps but I’m thinking about CHM because I’ve read into them and seem cost effective and then not as much heat,my footprint is 2x4 8 ft ceiling…

2 Likes

I have a friend who uses both led and hps and has good results

3 Likes

I have one 315w cdn/lec and a couple of cobs plus a couple each of 600w & 400w hps and am really happy with the 315w and a 55w cob either side of the 315w in a 3x3 ft tent. But… my bulb on my 315w has died ( warranty issue), so atm I’m using a 400w hps and my cobs ( got a few auto’s filling the tent, I’d say temps are about the same for a 315w lec and a 400 hps ( metal halide burning bright)… good lights for this footprint or get a 630 DE model for bigger areas…
Hope this helps some @dweaver864.
Happy growing
Gaz

2 Likes

My footprint is only 2x4 with 8 ft ceiling so I’m hoping 315 will be fine thx gas

2 Likes

I love mine i have 3 i was going to buy a pro illumetex or flunce engineering but i could not get past the 1200 price I love my 315’s but some people are killing it with the two lights i mentioned above. 2grams a watt and above. I still want a LED maybe by summer i will be rocking one. I am by no means dissapointed with my 315’s. I like the remote ballast one better.

2 Likes

Best bang for buck of any premade light i’ve seen is the maxsisun 1440. Its 340$ with shipping and 600 watts at the wall. It might b a lit more than u need but with bloom/veg switch it’ll be awesome. If you ever want to go bigger (and u will) it’s np. Cody Oebel on YouTube has a par test of one of their lights and the par is crazy high compared to most lights even 3xs the price.

3 Likes

sounds perfect for that space

1 Like

this 4 COB kit would be perfect for a 2x4, 380 watts or 47.5 watts per square foot, but it’s $460 so you’d be better off buying 2x the 3 cob kit for $440 total and it’d be dimmable from 370-530 watts. can also get PCB LEDs, they have a very thin profile (a few inches) and don’t generate much heat. very cheap from china.

https://www.rapidled.com/vero29se-2-x-4-grow-kit/

https://www.rapidled.com/vero29-triple-cob-array-kit/