Chronickyle Plays With Plants

Berri Basket Strawberry produced in the flood and drain window box that has been shifted to an aero tote

10 Likes

To finish my windows and complete this house build i decided to dismantle the set up, heres pictures before dismantling the fallponic towers and flood and drain window box

12 Likes

but I love plants far too much to not think of something, so i converted to an aeroponic tote that i can move out of the way.

12 Likes

The cows got me. I’m tagging along. :+1:
(I’m also a veggie gardener, so maybe I can pick up a few tricks)
Grow on my dude!

3 Likes

If you’re in the market for a fun and productive way of growing plants and not afraid to build stuff, I remember a retired architect who designed all kinds of stuff - including vertical gardens- all of it open source. He quit probably 10 years ago due to censorship for advocating self sufficiency amongst other things.

If I can’t find the plans, I remember them well enough to draw them from memory :innocent:

Anyway I loved the towers and can’t wait to see what you come up with next !

3 Likes

@Mithridate I’d be interested to learn more, and just generally see what kind of stuff he was designing! Is there a place I could find more information, or is it no longer available?
Edit: I know your comment wasn’t to me necessarily, but it piqued my interest!

3 Likes

I found one

It’s 1’x8’x12’ and can fit 800 plants

“placed in a North-south orientation, one side receives sun in the morning the other in the afternoon” “it needs a 3’ pathway if you put multiples” “Easily scalable, you can start with 2 rows for 27$”
There’s a video…

But that’s not the one I wanted. He made a spiral cascading tower that fits on top of a 5gal bucket that is simply amazing.

8 Likes

@Mithridate thanks so much for sharing, ive been extremely busy and just seen your posts now, very intriguing, thanks

5 Likes

first tester bud of sour bubble

16 Likes

Early smoke report inbound?!

4 Likes

Shoot i hope so! Love a good smoke report

2 Likes

I think he left the planet for a while guys. Be back soon sign up…:ringer_planet::alien::flying_saucer:

4 Likes

Shameless bump !

What happened with the garden maaan

2 Likes

I tried drawing the cascading tower, with a split view and all. I don’t know what happened, I can’t draw anymore :confused:

Must’ve lost all my powers when I cut my hair.

I’ll try SketchUp or something.

1 Like