Chronickyle Plays With Plants

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the farm,

To be straightforward with yall, theirs gonna be lot of veggies in this log,

Of course some cannabis as well though,

Here are my aero towers and window box

i started this project about 50ish days ago and boy has their been a learning curve :sweat_smile:
many mistakes along the way, i just installed the second tower today and filled it with starts from plantlets that i started in hydroton in an aero cloner,

!

Im using this to track progress and learn from,

At one point I may have been so blind i thought i was a good grower :sweat_smile: Those days are a thing of the past, so feel free to offer tips to help me grow :four_leaf_clover::herb::leafy_green:

the window box is full of berri basket strawberries that i brought inside about 2 months back and the aero towers are planted in the following

favorite veggie seed company is bakers creek I do a big 40-50 variety swap every fall though with a group im part of

Currently only using 1 hlg qb 132 which is 75 watts, i know i need more lights but its all i have available at the moment, unless someone wants to buy some seeds :joy: jk, we give those away.

nutrients are jacks 3/2/0.5 with water added to bring it to 1.4 ec

starting water is RO at 50 ppm (old filters) nothing added aside from 3/2/0.5 as i think the numbers show their is enough C and MG with the calcium nitrate(nitrite)??? and epson salt

if i mention ppm im referring to a 500 scale

i shock the water every 72 hours with pool shock as i cant find pure calcium hypochlorite in Canada, if you can link me plz! https://alphachem.ca/calcium-hypochlorite/ - provided by @Pigeonman (thanks man)

enjoy the grow folks, feel free to chat, ask questions, offer advice,

only rule is don’t be an asshole unless you want me to be an asshole :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

33 Likes

The towers are built out of 4 inch pipe with 2 inch pipe to hold the net pots and their attached to a 3 rpm disco ball spinner to spin the tower

11 Likes

THIS IS AWESOME!

Also, please wave a howdy hello at your Highland Coo’s!

6 Likes

thanks @Pigeonman, ive looked so many times :sweat_smile: Thats a huge help

4 Likes

@Chronickyle

Lookin’ forward to the grow-show friend!

6 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (18)

9 Likes

I will be here to watch. Those aero towers are pretty cool!

5 Likes

13 Likes

@chronix you better hold on tight
stripper-poledance lol

@Chronickyle can’t wait to see you kill it with those veggies bro! Bound to be some fire in that list for sure! I’ll be watching :grinning: :popcorn:

8 Likes

no guarantees this goes perfectly :joy::sweat_smile: deffinetly writing whatever happens off to learning. Outdoors is where my veggie game is on point,

good or bad, my brain will eat, hopefully my stomach gets some too

10 Likes

That’s crazy. What a variety.
So is that circulating nutes down between the tubes?

6 Likes

the tower on the left shares water with the window box and the new tower on the right is on its own,

i have an intermittent timer that runs 3 minutes on, 12 minutes off, the pump turns on and pumps the water to the top and drops it through, all the 2 inch pipes are cut on a 45 degree angle so on the inside the water bounces of each of these getting everywhere and the falling action oxygenates the water (supposedly)

the tubes were clear and they grew algae so i taped them with exaust tape

9 Likes

the window box one goes half way up the window and back down to reduce the flow rate of the pump as it was overflowing out the top of the strawberry holes at any time over 1 minute

7 Likes

Talk about vertical growing… Well played! :green_heart:

4 Likes

I’m interested in your vertical growing @Chronickyle, got you on follow!

5 Likes

Aero tower 1
plant number 28
Crispmint Lettuce

4 Likes

Harvested some off of aero tower 1 to have with dinner, it wasnt tons but damn was it tasty,

interesting note
-chives seemed to have a stronger scent than when grown outdoors,

-lettuce seems to have a higher water content vs outdoor, the crisp mint actually sprayed some water when cut i cant recall this occuring outdoors

12 Likes

tower 1 post harvest,

can’t wait to compare in a week

14 Likes

This is absolutely awesome to me, sorry for the influx of likes. :sweat_smile:

I am also working on running a mini indoor garden with veggies and this captured my attention like a playboy to a 14 yr old. Too cool!

6 Likes

i sure did love to read those articles :joy:

8 Likes