Clone King Aero-Cloner Tutorial, Alaskagrown Style

The start of day 6 but technically day 5 and some change. :slight_smile:

Roots are starting to form…tomorrow they’ll be poppin! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::facepunch:t3: :sunglasses:

Alaskagrown

7 Likes

I picked up a few things from this ima try out.

A blessing to the community thank you brother :sunglasses::pray:

2 Likes

@TrichomesToStun here ya go this might be a good start to look into

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you. I seen this thread a few days ago and it’s what got me thinking about changing how I clone.

2 Likes

Any recommendations for a fairly high-end home setup? Probably only need to clone 5 plant at a time.

Can’t decide to do it in a small tent or buy some aero type kit

2 Likes

I’m a Aeroponics guy through in through…definitely my preferred setup and what I used @ Alaska Bud Brother’s Aero-Gradens. In a tent setup probably not ideal…

It all comes down to what you feel most comfortable with…currently @ Kasilof Cannabis we’re using a sophisticated coco top feed drain to waste setup with Open Sprinkler, AROYA, and a Dosatron. It’s a complete data logging custom template setup where everything can be controlled per strain…it’s a massive game changer!

As far as the cloning part the Clone King setup can’t be beat so I’d start there.

Alaskagrown

3 Likes

My new cloner arrived today. I need to do a side by side with the homemade @Floyd cloner :smiley:

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Please do! Lol

I’ve never heard of a @Floyd cloner…

1 Like

Just a bubble cloner I made from things I had around the house. Cheap and has worked well for me for a long time.

2 Likes

@floyd showed us how to do a homemade one. It was cheap and easy.
[grid]

[/grid]

It works great and has every since he posted it

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

I still clone the old fashioned way with rapid rooters and a dome

Some root in 6 to 10 days some just take forever
So I was thinking of changing it up a bit

Clone king 25 or 36

73 bucks on amazon

I am a dyi guy but it’s well made

The 25 port is big enough for me

Anyone use it

12 Likes

Seems overpriced for what you are getting basically a shitty aerator/pump and a plastic container with lil plastic containers with holes in them. I would pay at most $25 for that.

20 $

https://www.aquatop.com/aquarium-aquatop-submersible-pump-np-305.html

3 Likes

Pa hydroponics has a diy instructional on you tube for a really nice cloner. He puts the water pump outside the bucket to keep the water from warming.
Edited to say I still do it old school also

5 Likes

You can make one a lot cheaper, i like those hydroponic systems with a light. I have two L.Y.K.O’s that i got on sale on amazon and a iDoo. A 2x2 grow tent fit’s three perfectly.

3 Likes

I personally have a 36 site clone king and I love it! I don’t think I’d want one smaller as I like the extra room! It’s only been filled up maybe 1-2x but I typically see roots in 1-2 weeks strain dependent. Sometimes roots as early as a week and ready to transplant! I know @Alaskagrown posted up a thread the other day about his basic cloning methods with the clone king and he has 6! I imagine he has some good input for you guys and must like them to buy that many

5 Likes

An airstone in a shoe box sized tote filled with water works wonders. (or whatever scale your heart desires)

2 Likes

I started the ‘old fashioned’ way, went to aero cloners, and now I’m back to the ‘old fashioned’ way. The areo is faster, but ultimately depends on your growing situation. I find the reliability and ease of rock wool and dome to be a better final product for my applications.
To be fair, I only clone a couple plants anymore. I have a couple that I keep around and the rest come from seed.

I have an EZclone 16 site that I’m not using if you’re interested. With the CK I found it easier to knock my discs into the water because there isn’t a lip preventing them from falling through.

4 Likes

They must of fixed this past few years because I’ve had my 36 site for 2 years and it’s got lips to keep the collars from falling thru

4 Likes

Ah, I did not know this. I had the original from many moons ago.

2 Likes

Quit using the pump in mine and replaced with airstones.

2 Likes