My homemade bubble cloner

What I used.
small tote
2 line air pump
2 - 4" Dia. air stones
.25" tubing
Nerf darts
.75 ID pipe foam pipe insulation

I have a heat mat under the tub for water temp.
That’s it.
Edit: originally I said .50" ID pipe insulation. Its actually .75". After cutting it into sections trim some off along the seam so it closes to .50". Like what would be done to make a ring fit a finger. :smiley:

51 Likes

Looks very nice! I have something similar but the main difference is that I use hydroton as a medium. And I have shittier air stones :slight_smile:

All the best

5 Likes

@Floyd what id the lights over them? and the heat mats are the way to go

years ago I tried fish tank heaters but they did not works as

well as the mats

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

7 Likes

The lights are 18" florescent tube. 15 watts each. They are plant tubes I had. I used to use them for my mono tubs ( Mush )

6 Likes

they sound great no need for lots of light to root clone :slight_smile:

I have just started put them on a table at the side of my grow room

just getting filtered light they root just as fast

last time I did not even think and cut some clone from freshly fertilized

mothers :frowning:

they rooted slow I had ones in a tub right along side from a hungry mother

that rooted a week faster

looking good

Dequilo

4 Likes

I just use tap water. PH is 7.2 nothing else. 100% success. I dont worry about how long it takes for roots. They grow roots no matter what. Some strains faster than others. :smiley:

12 Likes

I just use water straight from the tap at around 7 too. No nutes or anything. I usually change the water after a week because the pH creeps up and I’ve gotten some weird deficiencies (iron?) at around 8. I could use pH down but I’ve found it easier to just change the water. It’s only a gallon or so.

12 Likes

I think mine holds 2 - 3 gallons. I change about every 2 weeks. Like you just water.

7 Likes

just straight up water :slight_smile: I have never changed it but I have roots most of the time

in 7 to 10 days

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

8 Likes

I find a T on the end of the air hose is enough to saturate the water with oxygen. The water just needs to kind of flow around, the bubbles aren’t even required. Rubbermaids are cheap excellent cloners! No need to fuck around, 100% success.

4 Likes

The ends of the cuttings arnt in the water. They are suspended above it. The bubbles keep them wet. It works

5 Likes

mmmm I see, yes I always just put the ends in the water. That only gets dangerous in certain scenarios… for example:
The nutrient solution wicks up the stalk of the clone into the light and kills the clone.

1 Like

Ive never lost a cutting in this cloner. Fingers crossed.

6 Likes

I use tap water but I do add a tiny bit of micro nutes.

2 Likes

I don’t see the point of it. Unless maybe it speeds rooting up. Im not in a hurry though. I always get roots. :smiley:

1 Like

The only time I’ve had an issue was because the air stones got jostled to one side and missed a net pot. Smooth sailing otherwise.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it speeds it up, but my clones do seem to stay healthy and happier.

2 Likes

Have you tried with plain water? My cuts stay as green as the day I cut them pretty much. But whatever works for you. :smiley:

1 Like

And you save $$ and salt build up :smiley:
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Shoot, I found these all around my house and threw them out.
I would like to try my hand and this looks cheap enough to do. I would have had all but the nerf dart but the pipe insulation I have is to big.

4 Likes