Clones through the mail

Nice roots bromigo…

5 Likes

Hey @Justblazin , I routinely keep unrooted cuts in the fridge for 6-7 wks, as part of a pheno hunting strategy.
I take a couple cuts from each plant, while in veg, just before flowering, labeled then and into the seed fridge.
By around 6-7 weeks of flower, you usually know which phenos you like so you take the corresponding cut(s) from the fridge and root it(them). Throw out the rest. This saves a ton of space(and work) by not clogging up your veg room holding cuts in veg, till you sort out your phenotypes.
Hope that makes sense.:grin:

20 Likes

I too did that back in the day when I grew bigtime…nowadays I’m just a small time indoor grower now…

1 Like

@Budderton wow you just blew my mind not to mention saved me so much work.
I’m definitely going to use this technique, I don’t have to tell you what a pain in the ass pheno hunting 20-25 plants, taking and keeping clones till you know which ones to keep.

So just cut a nice clone/clones and put in plastic ziploc label each pheno/baggy and they are good for almost 2 months in the fridge?
Obviously have to recut and root after you take out of fridge, do you cut it right away after taking from fridge?

Thanks for the great tips

5 Likes

What the rate of success when you get clones in the mail if you don’t mind me asking

2 Likes

If packed/shipped right and taken during veg mode 98% for me…I do believe that if you ship it wrapped in moist napkin it will fair better and it has to be shipped when the weather is not too hot…now is the perfect time to ship folks.

5 Likes

REMEMBER THIS when gettting clones from a company or a friend. NEED to quarrtine them for putting them into your grow space beasue many/some of them might carry insect of disease (check put Seed Cellar.com)`

2 Likes

That’s always a given to me…I know for a fact that the VTF that I just shipped on Monday has no pest on them…what/where the reciever puts/do with them is their cross to bear…the person who is shipping the cuttings/clones shouldn’t even think of shipping it if it has pest on them folks, as I said before it’s not fair to the person receiving them.

10 Likes

Yep. Cut them 2 or 3 nodes below where you’ll make a re cut later. I cut them and then straight into zip locks.
Humidity is your enemy here, it will cause the stems to get mushy. So I try to keep everything dry when they go in the bag and then into the fridge. Don’t open them back up until your ready to use them. Found that out when I pulled some out for a picture then put them back in the fridge for a couple wks. The condensation got on them and they where mush.:slightly_frowning_face:(luckily wasn’t a winner, so no big loss)
And yep, right from the fridge, recut and then soak in a cup of water for a couple hours to get that capillary action going again, then root as usual.
That’s the way I do it but there’s tons of info and different strategies for keeping cuts in the fridge, if you search it up on the interwebs.

14 Likes

VTF Clones received Monday are alive and well thanks friends. Will return the favor to the community.

Got them in a clone dome with a small amount of dragonfly earth meds fat flowers powder in the water.

7 Likes

Correction, I shipped them Monday afternoon & you recieved them Thursday…

4 Likes

thank-you-daddy-south-park (1)
I hope you watch south park

3 Likes

What awesome information! Thanks @Budderton

1 Like

don’t get me wrong - what I said was said to me a while back about infestation , I;m sure no one ships infested clones that are infestted – just letting ofolks knwo that this dose happen - NOT saying that folks do this knowingly

What I ment was make sure, double make sure you don’t ship infested cuttings/clones out…if your current grow have or has had infestation, I wouldn’t ship anything out…even if you think you had it under control…I’m just saying…

1 Like

sorry ! I’m sure no one knowly ships infested clones - I’m sure that folks that do ship double check and then double check again for issues. even after checking them little “shits” cans still get thru. Meant no harm to no one —Peace

2 Likes

No harm done bromigo…

1 Like

ahahahahahaha

3 Likes

I almost never take in clones. I have almost killed them with my IPM protocols.

It’s just not worth it to me.

Maybe from a highly trusted source but even then I’d be holding my breath.

2 Likes

I don’t mind receiving cuttings/clones but I always treat it as if it was infected and I put it in my garage…The main number 1 thing is to have is a bug free environment in your grow room, which I have, I’ve been growing forever and a day…I make damn sure my environment is clean…2nd. thing is that you have to have a quarantine space…My quarantine space is in my heated garage…not even in the same building where I grow…

Even though it’s not infected I still spray it with this and I do it every 2-3 days for a week…this stuff works and its organic…this stuff is the shit…I remember a few times recieving clone only strains and I did not want to throw them out…I sprayed them with this every 2-3 days for 1.5 wks. and they were bug free…I stand by this product and is worth keeping in your arsenal…

16 Likes