Cloning help with rooting for soil

Here is my mini cloner at 16 days. Compared to using just water in a glass or using jiffy pots, this is way faster.

6 Likes

It doesn’t take/cost much to make your own cloner folks…any item that can hold water can be made into a cheap ass cloner, you just need air pump, air hose/stone and all available at Walmart for under $15 or cheaper…

My no dome rockwool method…

3 Likes

As of now my method is make sure I have at least two to three nodes.
I make a 45 degree cut along the third or second node depending on how many nodes, dip in water then rooting hormone and place in to a worm casting/promix/Perlite soil mix. I use 8oz plastic cups and put them into the clone dome for 9 to 14 days give or take. Spray with water once or twice a day for a few days then spray at least once a day after that. I may try some of the other methods out there, but this works well for me right now.

2 Likes

My method has worked for me for quite a while.
I moisten some happy frog soil and put in some clear solo cups that I have prepped with three or four holes in the bottom. Take my clipping, cut the root tip at a 45. Dip in water, then in rooting hormone. Then into the soil about 2 inches deep or so. Water it in a tad bit. The soil is already moist. Then I take a ziplock bag over then entire thing and seal one side of it. Then I put the clear cup into a colored cup. The idea is for the colored cup to catch any possible water runoff. The clear, so I can monitor root development. When the roots start coming out the holes in the clear cup, that is when they get transplanted into bigger pots. I get close to 100% like this.

2 Likes

Good luck with your attempt at cloning ! I use rapid routers and clonex gel, I find cutting the stem at a 45° angle about a quarter of an inch below the node and scrap off a little of the bark so to speak .
Then let it sit in water at least 20 minutes this helps to keep the capillaries opened and allowing intake of water, then dip in clonex place in rooters
Place clipping under a dome. I also use a heat matt they love it humid and warm!

If you have peat moss ,coco, perlite,or used soil will also work well !

A spray bottle is your best friend spray 2x a day in the beginning but don’t over do it

Paps

2 Likes