Good cloning reference?

Good Morning OG.

I need to cut some clones from my mothers before I flip to flower. I havent cut clones before. I have an aeroponic cloner, rooting gel, razorblades, etc… does anyone have a good thread reference I can use to aid myself thru the cloning process. Thanks in advance.
PP
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Maybe this one? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hey man. I’d tried bubble cloners before, and after killing a hundred cuttings or so, I’d give up. I decided to try it again when I found a nice pump on sale at Lowe’s.

This time I found this:

Since I started using their nutrient recipe in my cloner, I hit high 90s every time. I made a little mini cloner from a 5gal cat litter pail. It’ll hold 12 plants, and it’s easy to move if need be.

This is the prototype. Turboklone Reviews I have my holes laid out a little better on the new production model. :slight_smile:

Good luck with it man. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

7 Likes

Captain Skunk a blast from the past :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds like you’ve got your gear in order and are ready to start cutting. Don’t overthink it.

The major mistakes I have made:

-Keeping them too cold (takes forever)
-Letting the pH get too high (weird deficiencies)

I don’t bother with nutes or cloning gel anymore.

Best of luck and all the best.

5 Likes

I still use rooting powder to dip the cuttings but similarly i stopped adding anything to the rez.
Just clean ph5.8 water and keep it between 5.8-6ph and roots within a couple weeks.

I can get roots faster w kelp etc in the rez but its more of a pain to manage throughout.

1 Like

If you wanted to try rockwool…

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255&page=5

Works great for my coco bound cuts.

3 Likes

Excellent resources, all. I’m the type that enjoys experimentation, so it’s likely that over time I’ll try them all and just use what I find most effective. Thanks again for all the kind words and good luck, I’m hoping for 75%+ success rate here.

1 Like

The number one reason clones die as far as I know is a air bubble that gets into the stem. When I take clones I have a glass of fresh water and I immediately put them into the fresh water cup and then re-cut them immediately before placing into cloning solution for 5 seconds and right into my home built aero cloner.

I have gone with like 20% nutrient solution, plain water, etc and mostly works either way. I just got done with a batch and had 100% success on close to 50 cuttings.

4 Likes

Lots of success story’s on OG, guys n gals using permaclone. I use a similar version I get great results.
one of the biggest things I’ve
Learned with a Aeroponics cloner is consistency, keep the rez bleach clean every use before and after, water temps in check .
Hope some of that rambling helps.

3 Likes

Should have said up above but agree with AK! Bleach cloner inbetween each use and I actually put a half cap ful or so of bleach into the cloner as well to keep any funk from developing (while cuttings are rooting).

2 Likes

Aim for the :star2: :100:% you got this shit. ! Not every puck is full but every stem have enough roots for me . image|375x500

4 Likes

Wonder why the root photo didn’t load :thinking:.

1 Like

I like rockwool with a heat mat. Get about 99% success rate.

5 Likes