Cloning Methods…

this is my chamber right now in real time, added 4 clones yesterday that I have EXTREMELY high hopes for. :crossed_fingers:t2:But I’m hoping to make something more elaborate on a shelving system.

9 Likes

Homemade …100% success rate…

36 Likes

I’ve been using clonex as long as I can remember, drastically increases my growth rates and root density as well. LOVE THAT STUFF

11 Likes

Thats real close to what I have :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: just no lid. I used alluminum foil lol

5 Likes

I initially tried a few different ways with literally zero success. Even made a homemade aero cloner. Then, once when I topped a couple plants, I stuck the tops in solo cups in 50/50 peat moss and sand so I could put them under 12/12 to check gender. I misted them multiple times a day so they would survive long enough, and I never expected them to root. But to my surprise, they did root.

So, that’s what I’ve been using ever since with high success. I do dip them in rooting hormone.

9 Likes

Here’s another…

17 Likes

Same way I found the water method. Forgot cuts in a cup like 16 years back, 11-12 days later I was like “hey bro we have rootage in here” used it for years until I got antsy and started looking for other methods

10 Likes

How long did they need before showing sex when unrooted ?
I wanted to test sex by tossing cuts in 12/12 too, but I hear mixed thoughts on it. Some say they need to be rooted to show sex. I was gonna try it anyway lol, but if it worked for you im curious of your results.

4 Likes

I also have 100% success with my non cup method as long as I take the cuts and do the work myself. My home made cloners were very similar to yours

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know because by the time they showed sex, they were rooted.

5 Likes

Okay. Interesting haha
Thank you

1 Like

Once they showed (can’t remember how long it took) I went to pull them out to toss them but couldn’t believe they had roots.

3 Likes

I took this cut from a (presumed male) plant 2 weeks, 5 days ago; it was from a bottom branch that hadn’t grown out more than a few inches, and would’ve been mulched anyway, so I decided to use it for sexing. I put it in a cup with some water, and stuck it in the flower room. It started showing about a week ago, but just barely, so I figured I’d keep it to be entirely sure; it’s gotten clearer since then. Gonna have to kill the plant, not worth breeding with since it came from a hermie.

10 Likes

A lot of people are utilizing this method for sexing nowadays. Personally I just do the wait n watch thing but I do like the idea very much.

6 Likes

Well I definetly just wait and watch when Im making bud, but right now im hoping to make some crosses.
I want to make Fem crosses, but I only have Reg seeds. So im trying to find the best cost and time efficient way to determine sex.
Once I have every cross I need AND they are female, then I can start making fem pollen and mixing genetics.
I have bags I made so I can isolate crosses. Just doing tests to see if I can make 4 or 5 different crosses in the same tent.
Anyway, so yeah I just need females :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Very specific situation for me. Any other day I would just pop 10 beans and see what I get haha

5 Likes

I’ve been giving it a very low key try with my cuts from topping, just a cup of water with some Ful-Power in it, after a few days I switch that to a very weak Floralicious Plus solution, then into my recycled dirt with some extra coco to weaken it down. So far so good!

4 Likes

I made a thread describing the aeroponics bucket I made for clones and seedlings. I get 100% success with clones using it…

9 Likes

I use my planted aquarium to root clones. Plenty of nutrients in the water, and some LEDs overhead. Works fantastic, and my shrimp munch any algae off the roots as they develop.

19 Likes

This is the second time I’ve heard of this, awesome! I used to be an aquarium hoarder. This I could definitely try out just for fun, I love it !

6 Likes

The more I interact with you the more I think we really need to make this niagara/southern Ontario get together happen, or we need to get out for a fish and shoot the shit. Seems like we’ve got a decent amount in common!

Cheers

6 Likes