(Closed) Sour Diesel Seed Run

:joy: yeah lots of things to think about, but I figured I could just keep labeled motherā€™s to the side in a greenhouse or something.
Room is an issue, and bugs too. But it would be amazing to have a clone bank. Just a collection of all the harder to find cuts and clone only strains donated by members here over the years.

Iā€™m telling you thou, if I win the lotto and get my dream warehouse, Im gonna at least attempt this

:100:%

6 Likes

Hahaha, I always finish summer with like 15 cutsā€¦ then it gets cold and I lose the greenhouses and everything moves inside and then BOOM. No room left :laughing:

7 Likes

Lmao yeah. I hate that room is always an issue. So many lovely strains out there and not enough space to keep them all haha

I just heard something about Bonsai motherā€™s I am going to try and educate myself on.
I saw some guy had like 40 different clones for sale and I jokingly asked him how he has the room. He sent me a pic and explained they are all Bonsai motherā€™s. They all looked to be less then a foot tall.

5 Likes

Shurely have to check out bonsai Mums!!!

8 Likes

Thatā€™s how I keep my motherā€™s. I bonsai them and keep them in no more than a quart size pot. Every so often Iā€™ll pick a extraordinary clone and turn it into the new mom and flower the current one off

The current mom Iā€™m flowering off. The red line is where she was when I put her into flower. Was in a quart container for almost a year and gave many many cuts to friends in that year.

21 Likes

Very nice :blush:

3 Likes

Nice! I did this same thing with my StrawberryTemple mom recently, just finished the stretch.
She easily filled my 2x4 tent all by herself in a EarthBox

8 Likes

On paper itā€™s a fantastic idea.

In practice, I run a clone marketplace online and youā€™d be surprised at the amount of drama that goes into shipping clones to people. Supplies, lights, and shipping cost money and sometimes you even have to re-send the clone, so you gotta budget for that. Much less profit margin and so your time and so on.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love the idea and itā€™d be wonderful if we could start a clone trading collective. But itā€™s very involved and difficult for sure.

11 Likes

What sort of environment do you keep the mom(s) in? Special lights/room or just in front of the window like houseplants?

5 Likes

Speaking of clones and bonsai mothers, has OGā€™ers tried and documented grafting different strains together?
I recently started studying about it and I would definitely like to give it a shot after I move to a permanent placeā€¦

4 Likes

I keep them in my veg area being in a quart pot and fed half strength nutes keeps them small enough to keep out of the way of other vegging plants. Soon as the new area is built out Iā€™ll keep them with the seedlings so I can have more momā€™s to work with. Iā€™ve got plenty of grower friends local who love good disease and bug free clones.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t tried any grafting of cannabis but Iā€™d imagine it would be like grafting grapes or a treeā€¦ Would have to make sure you have a thicker branch to work with or I donā€™t quite see it workingā€¦ But give it a shot and document it here for all of us to see

5 Likes

Another!!! Thatā€™s 33% germ rate for 4.5 week premature seeds! :heart_eyes: Iā€™m loving it!!

I cant wait to test germ cured mature seeds!

41 Likes

All your grows and seed runs are looking great! Making me think I need to pop my pack of SLH x Sour Diesel!

5 Likes

Ohhhh!!! I dusted one of my SLH moms with some of my Sour diesel pollen!

21 Likes

Another seedrun that snuck past me! Added myself to overflow just in case :crossed_fingers:

Got a lot of catching up to do in this thread, Iā€™ve been a fan of JJ for a while now :drooling_face:

7 Likes

damn dude those things just wanna jump out of the soil, even premature like that, thats such a great sign!

5 Likes

And that was no soaking, no paper towelā€¦ just unceremoniously pushed preemie seeds into the dirt and dumped water from a drinking glass on em :laughing::laughing:

19 Likes

Wikis closed people! ,thanks @G-paS, now we wait and pray I get enough seeds :joy::rofl::rofl:

23 Likes

Another preemie seed I push into the dirt 2 or 3 weeks ago sprouted! :laughing: it was just hanging out down there until ready I guess :rofl::rofl: thatā€™s 4 of the 9, 4+ week immature seeds that have sprouted now!

36 Likes