Cola’s starting from scratch garden

I feel like I’m getting somewhere now. I’ve had a right nightmare trying to get environment in the new place. Small tents good. Fan and filter in the new one. Light to go in. And I’ll rig up another sonoff board. Cheers brother

5 Likes

480w non dimmable light is in. I need to swap the 480w driver for 2 x 240w drivers so they run on 10amps each and will work on the sonoff. (480w @24v is 20 amps and this is simply unsafe to run on a house circuit. Cable rated to 500v is getting warm and I can naturally only use a 13amp rated plug on a UK house circuit)

DO NOT DO THIS…

Now I know all the strips etc work. Going to knock it off. I’m not sleeping knowing that’s running. I got a purple Badlands already in bloom from @kushyhaze but unfortunately she is too damaged/stressed in my opinion to warrant running it. So I’m afraid she’s for the scrap pile. Suppose this gives me enough time to get the drivers ordered and swapped. Also some level of dimmability will be achieved being able to knock one driver off

5 Likes

Looks good bro. What filter do you use? I need a new one was gonna get a Rhino pro

1 Like

Cheers bro. I use an Amazon prime special 4 inch fan and filter that never skips a beat in one tent. And the one you see there is a rhino 4 inch hobby filter to a hydro shop special kinda 4 inch fan. The Amazon special is noticably quieter I’m comparison but the one I’ve got isn’t noticeable unless you are right by the tent.

2 Likes

Hi Cola looking good there. The draw from the wall socket will be way way less than 20A mate. Your stepping the voltage way down to 24 which means a huge gain in output current. I’m running my rig at 400w but it’s only drawing around 2A from the wall. You can plug a12V 100A boost charger into our 240V mains with no problem :thumbsup:

If you check out the specs for the HLG-600H-24A it’s rated input is still only 3.3A at 230V but it rises to 7A at 115V https://www.mouser.co.uk/datasheet/2/260/HLG-600H-SPEC-1131635.pdf

2 Likes

Thanks man. Filter i have now is fucked the stink in the attic is unreal hah

1 Like

I’ve got a multimeter anyway. So Ill have a check. It is a regulated power supply. The DC out cable is running hot though to the point of making me nervous bro. So I may use some shower ring cable from driver to the strips if that will keep it cool

1 Like

The neighbours worry if they can’t smell weed now :rofl: forever in the garden blazing

3 Likes

Yeh you are pushing 20A down the 24V side of things bro. That requires doubling up your existing cable but i also think splitting that number of strips between 2 drivers is a very good idea. I have only 10 running between 2 wee drivers and i would not change it now. It’s spot on :thumbsup:

2 Likes

For the sake of 24 quid I’ll go for the 2 x 240 anyway for peace of mind and split them 7/7. Need to make a few more quids first so as bad as it is I can’t run the PB at the minute. It’s kind of a blessing too. I’ll be able to veg the c99 x romberry x Jesus og in the other tent for now

1 Like

Good plan and it’ll mean you could even use the sawnoff :grin: to switch one driver off for a few hours during the hottest part of the day if you need to :thumbsup:

3 Likes

La diva x lowryder…sorry @ReikoX for the poor quality on this run. Anyone else that sees this it’s not the chucker that’s the issue it’s the grower. I’ve had a mag deficiency show up with some force. Hot temps. Dodgy pH etc. I’m close to getting the runoff stable now. Hopefully she doesn’t suffer too much and I can finish her well enough to smoke.

Blue dream’matic 1.

Blue dream’matic 2

4 x c99 x romberry x Jesus OG sent from @Gaz29 as a resend of @Scissor-Hanz Chuck came up in 2 days with no soaking

8 Likes

So they came up over last night then bro I’m going to do the c99xromberryxjesus og my next run or just get a next tent up and start um in that with the 185 I made yesterday I’m.in two minds :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Might not be a bad idea. You putting it in the new location the other tent bro? Might also be worth sticking that 185 over your shorter ones in the tent you got otherwise that big PB is gonna sap the life out of them with light height

1 Like

Yes mate new location and I mite just take the romberry and urkle and put them in next tent I’ll have a think we’ll I’m at work today but yes I defo need to do something that pbl is becoming a pain in the arss in a way haha

1 Like

Those two seedlings are really big, i had a look on seedfinder.eu and the blue dream is crossed with tangie matic’ and it’s got high thc and yields…
Im expecting a massive kola ( optimist.! :grin:) …
I would keep them in those til you spot pistils and up-pot straight away to the pot your gonna finish in ( that’s what i do) but id just treat them as normal plants as some of them get massive mate .,
And by the look of your two - they’ll get big .!
Good luck with your auto’s Cola…
Gaz

3 Likes

You won’t want to start those beans straight on 12/12. Have a good think what you wanna do today. Cos everything apart from either fucking that big PB off entirely will lead to a fair bit of work. I prefer a uniform room myself or as close to as possible but I know a few people that have shit growing all over. (Usually accompanied by a lot of issues and a lot of time making up feed) if you start a new tent now I reckon by the time you finished a run in a new tent I would have managed to Chuck some of reikoX autos myself.

@Gaz29 I was thinking the same from yours too. That’s why I made a light that will fit next to my fan/filter rather than under it in the 150cm height tent I got. By the time they are doing they should be the only 2 in that tent 2x2x4ft grow space each should be sufficient if I don’t pot up to something ridiculous.

Took @Albannachs advice on splitting the feed from the driver 2 ways to the 480w rig and the “hot” wire issue has gone. Still not checked the voltage on the AC side to see what the amperage actually is but I’ll get to that later.

A few weeks vegging these c99 x romberry x Jesus og and that can be fired up.

3 Likes

La diva x lowryder top nug so far :sunglasses:

12 Likes

OK it’s time for “Cinderella99XRomberry X Jesus OG” to get a strain name!! :smile::smile: can’t keep going on like this

Jesus Christ? Christ Child? Original Cin? somebody…

4 Likes

@Muleskinner How about Sin Berry :grin:

6 Likes