Coloidal silver spraying autos

For timing of autos, should the plants to be pollinated be planted at about the same time as the first ones start getting sprayed?

4 Likes

Good point, no! The CS tends to stall flowering and development about three weeks. I generally start the pollen donor(s) about three weeks prior to the ones I plan to pollinate.

7 Likes

Thanks heaps, I had worded my question awkwardly and that’s what I meant.

With @FredFlinstoner’s auto seed run project the donors are just over two weeks old now and we are planning to spray them at around week 3 to 4 and plant the recipient seeds at the same time we start spraying colloidal and STS.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your help

So I can start the future mother and father at the same time, with autoflower strains, to make seeds with STS technique ? A big thank you

All the best everybody

1 Like

Try reading this post again.

3 Likes

Thank you very much

Sometimes I’m stupid and thinked CS timing and STS timing could be different

Sorry and thank you

3 Likes

hey i am super new t this is there a specific sts or cs i can purchase to try m luck without jumping in all the way or am i beat

I did this with autos years ago. I actually made my own CS. I took cuttings from the bottom branches and rooted in my Aerogarden. I started spraying twice daily before root. The nice thing about autos is they tend to go into flower right after rooting. This was a blessing because I had a head start and had time for seed formation on the main plant. I tried saving pollen but I didn’t have any luck with storing it, so I never got to breed, just self my plants.

Making CS was relatively easy. There are some fairly simple tutorials out there. I have been told that what I made wasn’t actually CS, but a different form of silver. It worked, whatever it was!

2 Likes