Coloidal silver spraying autos

hey how are all i was wondering if anyone has experince with coloidal silver and auto flowers or any advice on when to spray i have had sweet seeds dark devil and bloody skunk and are looking for somthing with that dutch purp look but in a fem photoperiod strain iv noticed not a lot of purples do actualy turn purple or only a little

2 Likes

find a plant that fades to purple instead of yellow and let it go extra long :smiley:

1 Like

I had success by spraying lower branches once a day from week 4 onwards until male flowers were prevalent, I think it was around 3 weeks all up.

then just pollinate as normal. I just took the lower branches off and kept them in a glass of water and shook them over the buds I wanted pollinated when they were ready.

8 Likes

^ that was with auto Mazar and all seeds came out to be autos.

6 Likes

I just recently did this. In my case, I started spraying as soon as I saw pistils daily until male parts formed. That was about three weeks of spraying. Then it took another three weeks for those flowers to fully ripen then open. Unfortunately, started the doner plants two weeks later and missed the best pollination window. I only ended up with a couple of seeds.

I did manage to pollinate the reversed flower with its own pollen, so I got plenty of S1 seeds. This plant is actually still growing and ripening the seeds. She is pretty much reverted back to female. The CS stunted her pretty bad, and she is about 15 weeks from seed now (usually 9-10 weeks).

If I were to do it again, I would use STS because I only spray once a week. I would also wait until there are male flowers before starting my doner plants.

8 Likes

should also begin spraying the week before flowering begins. tiresias mist instructs to begin @ 5" tall for autoflowers.

sts is a lot easier to make than colloidal, it’s just mixing a sodium thiosulfate solution and a silver nitrate solution while stirring.

4 Likes

What ppm do you want the CS at ? I know someone that bought a CS kit and I wouldn’t mind trying some out.

i dont think you need a whole lot, 50 would work even

1 Like

No idea what ppm mine was, I just brewed it overnight and when I shone a laser in it i could see the red line all the way through the water.

2 Likes

I just got a 50ml bottle @ 16ppm
Its a bit on the low side… so im thinking about evaporating some water to augment concentration till 25/30ppm
Ds

3 Likes

About 25 ppm is recommended. I measured mine and it was around that. It worked. I still think STS is easier.

1 Like

you don’t really need a ‘kit’ you just need 3 9v batteries some alligator clips and silver wire. i used 925 sterling silver wire from craft store. if planning on ingesting for health only use 999 silver. just start spraying before flowering so it makes male flowers right away

4 Likes

you can also use silver coins. just make sure they are .999

i’ve heard people having success with 925 for feminising, if you plan on drinking it you definitely need 999

i got 925 and will be testing it out early next year so can say for sure then

1 Like

i’ve consistently had success with homemade colloidal silver in around the 20ppm range using pure silver, typically i start to spray the plants after about week 2 or so and continue to spray once or twice a day until pollen sacs are formed and just starting to open, i find if you cut the CS too early the plants will partially revert and not push out fully developed pollen sacks.

Also it’s helpful to start the plants you want to be pollinated at least 2 weeks after starting the ones that will be reversed, as doing so will provided enough time for seeds to full form.

10 Likes

I’m at Lat 45 and harvest in october and some times november. The cold and frost has turned my girls leaves the most beautiful red, orange, and deep purple. I wish the buds changed like that.

2 Likes

buckeye purple is a very purple strain

13 Likes

Hello everybody

Can anyone say me the good timing to make autoflower seeds but with STS technique (my topic was moved here that’s why I’m little offtopic sorry and thank you).

I Don’t know

• when to start the male and the female at the right time
  • when do the pollen
  • when put the pollen

A big thank you for those answers

All the best

1 Like

Start spraying when you see preflowers (around 3-4 weeks depending on the variety).
Stop spraying when male sacks appear (2-3 weeks later) the male sacks will open in another week or two.
Pollinate the females when they are about dime sized (depending on how many seeds you want)
Give them 6 or more weeks for seeds to ripen.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge !

Thanks to you I know how to do my own seeds

All the best

3 Likes