(complete) BCC's Chernobyl F2 Project

Looking uniform and flourished. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Yea they are looking pretty identical, is chernybol a stabilized strain?

3 Likes

Looking real good amigo!! Best of luck

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is not, but they are very similar. I think we will see more differences as they get bigger.

4 Likes

I was just trimming some Timewreck buds from my last grow and found a few male flowers. So I will not include it in the project.

8 Likes

Making seeds with rare genetics for & sharing with the community. That’s what’s up man! Thats OG! Taking a seat at table for this one :+1:

12 Likes

Gonna try to sit in on this. Sounds like an interesting project.

1 Like

Just go to the bottom and go from tracking to watching. Every post will be sent to you

4 Likes

My flower tent was finally empty, so I moved the Chernobyl babies in on Wednesday afternoon. Lights are on a veg schedule. Everything looks good today, so I lowered the lights a bit, closer to the plants, to get to 550 PPFD. Differences in the plants are becoming clearer. One of them is a bit of a runt, although healthy looking.

A couple of the plants have some tip burn after the last transplant, but not enough to concern me. I’m hoping to transplant to the final 5 gallon pots this weekend, if the roots are ready.

I really want to wrap this grow up by the end of March, but quality comes first. I signed up for the Ocean Grown Seeds grow off and I’ll need the flower tent for it in April. They are going to have 400 growers all growing the same strain (Yoda Soda) at once. I think that should be super fun and also quite interesting. (Check their Discord. They still have a few spots open and the give you a free 10 pack of seeds. You just pay shipping.)

30 Likes

This weekend, I will also trim some fan leaves and try to get more light on the branches as I want to get some good clones off of them.

2 Likes

I’m definitely keeping an eye on this one brudda @BCC !
I’ve got some Twenty20 Mendocino Trainwreck starting up in about a month; would you be down to share some pollen from the Chernobyl?
I’m just getting started with breeding, but I’d be happy to share some beans back to you if I’m successful, and if you want them.
Either way, I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

5 Likes

We can probably work something out for me to get you some pollen. Msg me directly when the plants are in flower.

5 Likes

Thanks homie, I’ll absolutely do that

1 Like

I gave the plants a haircut on Saturday to improve air flow and to encourage some branch growth to take clones from. Here they are this morning…

They are not quite ready for transplanting to their final five gallon pots yet, but they are close.

18 Likes

This is cool! Stuff like this is what’s going to get me on Discord, this is like the good version of whatever Berner was trying to do with that Bodhi collaboration drop, get everyone to grow it together, but done the not insane way where they just give you the seeds!

5 Likes

Fairly sure I have four males, one female, and one not showing sex yet. Not 100% certain about one of the males.

7 Likes

Dang, anything can happen with ratios in small sample sizes I guess.
Fingers crossed for you, that you get at least one more lady. :bear: :crossed_fingers:
OldRon had something like that happen with his Colombian Gold (I think) repro, so he took cuts of the female and did the OP with all healthy males on mature clones.
Seems like the best chance for the males to express their full genetic potential, but would definitely extend your project.
Buuuuuut… if the one you’re unsure of ends up female, and the unknown is a female, then 3-3 is about the best you could ask for!

3 Likes

Looking good

1 Like

Transplanted to 5 gallon pots today. I’ll post new pictures over the weekend.

7 Likes

I’m excited to see. Thanks again for the replies in our conversation BCC, you rock!

I would love a Chernobyl male, but you know that already, heh

2 Likes