(complete) BOG Blue Kush preservation run grown under a Mars FC 8000 de

such a fun grow to follow, super healthy and happy all the way through.
Crazy amount of pollen eh ? hehehe Not many have the balls to let males spunk out for the whole flower cycle. I am really impressed with the amount of pollen you are harvesting.

5 Likes

Ditto! Just blown away at how much pollen youā€™re collecting @DougDawson ! Makes me laugh at myself tweezering individual male flowers into my little tiny plastic vials! :rofl: Congrats on all the seeds too! Fantastic job, and all done with an air of ease, like, ā€œNo big dealā€! Thanks again for all you do Doug!

:call_me_hand:

10 Likes

I love it when a plan comes together.
https://giphy.com/gifs/a-team-john-hannibal-smith-a-team-imagines-UwlX8g3HF8Uec/fullscreen

14 Likes

This ainā€™t Dougā€™s first rodeo. You guys remember his other pollen collecting masterpiece???

5 Likes

I use one of these.

It works great. The Frankenstein that I reversed had the tiniest flowers that were tightly enclosed in the buds. I had to rake them loose with tweezers and then into that shaker they went. Nothing but clean pollen is collected in it after some shaking.

3 Likes

Donā€™t believe I have seen that that.

1 Like

I went for one of those. Not available. Any idear what the screen size is on that? It does not state on the Amazon page.

3 Likes

I donā€™t have any Idea what gauge the screen is. I was wondering about that too. Iā€™m a pretty good MacGyver.

1 Like

I just watched part of a video where a guy makes a ā€œpollen tumbler bagā€ using 110 micron material.
Iā€™m still watching it so I donā€™t know yet how well it worked.

3 Likes

@MoBilly Every time I try to buy a couple of those I find itā€™s ā€œNot available in your locationā€. One of the good points Iā€™ve heard about this aluminum one versus the plastic one is thereā€™s no static electricity build up. Hand picking out flowers is getting to be a PITA!

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I know right?
This shit will not be fun if I donā€™t find something pretty soon.

17 Likes

Haa, haa, haa! I know the feeling Mike!

20230202_080552|666x500

:joy:

27 Likes

I can put mine in the mail for you bro @BigMike55 .
If they come available you can get me one. If I need it, you can send it back but pollen is not in my near future. lol

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a great OGer and I think itā€™s very cool of you @MoBilly ! I wish you the best @BigMike55 with it Iā€™m hopefully gonna be trying to do some small dusting this summer for the first time and Iā€™m ready to start trying some new endeavors but first thing is to get the ones I have growing for flower finish Happy Growing!

2 Likes

Nah brother I will find something local. We have a huge Chefā€™s store in OKC. They have EVERYTHING related to food. I bet thereā€™s something there.

1 Like

I have a pastry flour sifter with a very fine mesh.
It is also used for dusting powdered sugar on baked treats. I have two of them actually.
One is larger and holds about 3 to 4 cups of flour/powdered sugar while the other one holds about a cup. I use the bigger one to do what @DougDawson is doing.
What would be really cool is a handheld, rechargeable vacuum tool with pollen collecting filters inside a removeable cartridgeā€¦ I might try and make one LOL

7 Likes

I was thinking the powdered sugar sifter would probably work.

2 Likes

Powdered sugar duster is a GREAT Idea! Just ordered one- thanks for the hint!!

1 Like

I got a fine screened strainer at my local market for about $5. These are pretty darned handy

6 Likes

If you have a Trim Bin, they work great. Doug gave me the idea for it and I have recently tried it.
I just trimmed the branches off the live plant and threw it on the top screen to dry, I give it a shake every now and then and all your pollen is in the bottom bin.

9 Likes