(complete) BOG Blue Kush preservation run grown under a Mars FC 8000 de

Looks great man :call_me_hand::fire:

1 Like

Hey @BigMike55 , they are for sale in the USA at this link if you like.

8 Likes

Appreciate that bruh.

2 Likes

That’s what I use, too. Ghetto as hell is the way I roll, lol. It works fine, and only lets a small amount of veg in. Doing it on top of a mirror or Pyrex casserole dish makes it easy to separate the last bit of veg from the bulk of the pollen.

4 Likes

Not ghetto bro! :slight_smile: Broke Boy Tech! "It is The Way! :slight_smile: Lol

2 Likes

Actually I think I have a small tea strainer tucked away somewhere. Good thinking!

1 Like

I did the sifter for a while but the dust coming up and around me was so hard on the allergies. That’s why I opted for that shaker. Everything stays in that pollen trap. There was no waste and less suffering. lol

3 Likes

Just ordered yesterday-- 13oz powder sugar shaker
 $12.99 :relaxed: :+1:
shaker

10 Likes

When you use that, I would take a plastic bag and seal it over the sifting end with rubber bands. That way all the pollen is contained.
Just an idea.

9 Likes

Great Idea!! Thank you!!! :+1: :blush:

3 Likes

OG’ers helping OG’ers, what a place this is! :joy:

Scored not one, but two! Found these at the third shop I tried today here on the island! Little one was $3, big one $4! They had larger ones as well, but come on, had to leave those for Doug! :joy:

But if @SHSC-1 makes up one of those vacs I just might have to try it out!

Thanks all!
:call_me_hand:

14 Likes

OK, I think what you guys need is the newest addition to Guitarzan’s Hillbilly line of growing accessories, the Hillbilly Shaker.

Here’s a picture of the entire line:

(The one on the far left is called “The Doug Dawson”. :rofl:)

They aren’t too hard to make. The lids are made with a piece of 120 mesh stainless screen. I got a 12x40 roll from Amazon for around $12. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L1LLV63

The glass can be anything with a screw on lid. Mason jars work great, because you don’t have to cut a hole in the lid. The spice jars, and the small brown vial, require you to drill/cut a hole in the lid. Also, the smaller the lid, the trickier it is to get the mesh on.

That said, IMO, the small brown vial is the best for pollinating plants. If you give a good hard shake, it’ll put out a small “puff” of pollen. If you lay it on it’s side, and roll/tap it, it’ll pour out.

To make your own version, just lay out your mesh, and measure the circle using the jar lid, a pencil, and a washer. Like so:

Then you cut the circle out with a box knife, or scissors, and roughly shape it around the top of the jar.

Then you carefully twist the ring on, and you get this:

The force of the lid as it tightens stretches the mesh, so you get a nice tight screen, and once it’s on, the screen will stay with the lid when you take it off. As an added bonus, you can pull the mesh out, put the regular self-sealing lid on the jar, seal it up, and stick it in the freezer. :slight_smile:

I tried the chrome pollen shakers, and the holes were too big for my tastes. But, if you really like the way they look, you can modify it to use the 120 mesh. If you look inside the lid, you’ll see that the screen is held in on those with a metal ring. You pop the ring off, and the screen will come out. Cut a piece of mesh to fit, put it in, tap the ring back in place, and voilà, a custom chrome pollen shaker.

I also used some of the mesh to make a sifter for collecting pollen. I have a fine mesh strainer that I stack on top of the one I made. I put some tinfoil down, dump my pollen into the strainer, and shake it onto the mesh, and onto the foil. It works real well. :slight_smile:

Well, that’s the deal. If you try it out, let me know how it goes. Especially if you make improvements. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

Edit Umm, sorry for the belly shot. I think I need to curate my images a little better. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

31 Likes

Nice @Guitarzan !
I didn’t know that mesh was so affordable. I’ll be getting some now that I know.
:pray:t3:

4 Likes

Hoowie-boy! That is a hot tip!!

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. What would make it better IMO is a second detachable lid on the lid that would catch the pollen. Do you put a baggie on the end to collect the pollen as you shake @Guitarzan ?

5 Likes

Exactly that Doug.

2 Likes

I don’t really use those for collecting, so I didn’t think about that, but you could just sift it into another jar, or even a glass mixing bowl. Then you could put it into whatever you want.

I’m gonna get a small glass funnel for loading up the brown vials. :slightly_smiling_face:
:guitar:

5 Likes

A bag attached to the opening would contain all that magic dust @Guitarzan .
That’s what I’m going to do if I make one.
Great idea bro.

2 Likes

If you ever package and sell 'em, you should keep the belly shot on it.

5 Likes

Fantastic DIY @Guitarzan .

I like the idea of the little one to release the kraken.

Happy growings!!

1 Like