(complete) Celtic Stone Preservation run 2023 by Draig and Lady Zandra

I’m excited about this project… and if this run your concentrating on finding the perfect male specimen, or 2, to collect some pollen from… would a 2nd planting then be a female pheno search… because sneaky Carty just may have 10 seeds tucked away he’d love to add to this project giving us a better chance of finding all 3 phenotypes I recall…

13 Likes

I believe I need to :bell: with a ! Sitting back to watch way to grow the both of u’s.

4 Likes

Very cool strain, good luck with the project!

3 Likes

Found a seat upfront.

4 Likes

Oh my :flushed:
This sound like your gonna have a full tent !
Hope you can raise your ceiling :laughing:

I’m glad I’ll be here to see it all happen.
Sending good vibes for this grow, it’s gonna be amazing :star_struck:

:v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Celtic Stone
Very interesting.
Good luck @Draig and @Lady.Zandra63

15 Likes

Yep-- the main goal is to find a good male— if there aren’t any in this batch of 8, will pop the other 4- or hit you up for a couple more seeds!! :blush: :green_heart:

7 Likes

keep in mind that one of the goals for co-op preservations is to maintain genetic diversity.

we hope the community members who receive these seeds will continue breeding them to keep the line going strong in their own grows. so we don’t want the selections to be too narrow.

The general policy for co-op projects is to use all males, except plants that have traits which could be detrimental to the gene pool.

that way the stock will be diverse enough for multiple generations of further breeding by the recipients.

We hope that the recipients of co-op preservations will continue to breed and preserve these strains to keep the lines alive and circulating within the community.

15 Likes

@HumblePie420

Thanks bro!

@Carty

Absolutely brother! It’s not easy for me to sit by the sidelines, but Lady Z has always been a great grower and partner! We began our journey together in the early 2000’s. She actually taught me a few things about growing. since she was an avid vegetable/fruit gardener before we met 36 years ago. I only grew weed, Gorilla style for about 7 years in the 70’s early 80’s. We both learned indoor growing together.

That Stonehedge was an awesome choise Deadvet made by using the Dixy Crystal!

That’s great! more CS seeds! I’m hoping we get as much diversity as possible! I’m hoping we get a tent so we can run as many as possible!

I hear you man! We’re also focusing on Landraces, old-school heirlooms. I mean we’ll grow a few here and there, but we are done with any breeding with new poly-hybrids. Don’t get me wrong I love some of them, but want to keep the diversity of landrace an unique qualities alive in them and old Heirloom varieties.

We are also trying to resurrect our old school breeding stock, thats not wanting to germinate all

Look for these in the future

Lebanese, Turkish, Afghan, Laos/Thai, PHK, South Indian,.Chocolate Thai
We just harvested some beans off 2 branches of the Ancient OG F3 with one male AOG F3 and one with thr North Indian Bakery (NO cookies) lol

16 Likes

Exactly! There will be no selection! Unless it’s an obvious bad trait! No intetsex traits or severe undesirable mutants. Diversity is key and main goal brother!

9 Likes

LOVE that tag!!

2 Likes

Why, thank you kindly maam

4 Likes

Best of luck! A few days late but I’m definitely going to be buckled in for this one. May the rain fall gently on your fields and happy growing :slight_smile: hoping to see some healthy strapping lads and lovely ladies

6 Likes

Yeah-- I didn’t word that well- by ‘good male’ I mean without genetic abnormalities— not just keeping one that looks healthiest! With only 8 going, we are PRAYING for at least ONE male in the bunch!! I am hoping for 3 out of the 8… but we tend to get a really high number of females in our grows… we’ve literally gone two to three YEARS using non-feminized seed without getting a male… THAT SAID: We have gotten more than usual males this past year- so my hopes are up!! :relaxed: :+1:

10 Likes

Welcome @Sodapop and thanks for the good luck!!

4 Likes

I found 16 more from the seed I made , Carty’s stock originally …
where do I send them ??

GT

12 Likes

We’ll pm you! Thank hun!

1 Like

Hey there @gardentroll ! Thanks for the generous offer! We’re working on getting another tent for these now, so we can get as much diversity as possible with the open pollination, so more Celtic Stone seeds the better!

Thanks!

5 Likes

Nice. Looks like a great project for the co-op. Love to see anything related to old school Sagarmatha.

4 Likes

Celtic Berry I got so long ago still got a few left

17 Likes