(complete) Cobra Lips co-op seed increase šŸ

Man you guys have lived a life, makes me feel pretty fuckin basic over here. Beautiful plants @Budderton cheers buddy

5 Likes

How does one even get hired to work in the hash fields?

5 Likes

Experience is definitely the word, itā€™s like being 500 years back in time in all senses. Your trip sounded killer bro, the roads there are so sketch and so are the drivers so to be honest I donā€™t remember many land marks in the mountainsā€¦ too busy scared out of my brain hoping we donā€™t drive off a cliff haha, the souring hash high didnā€™t always help that situation either ha!

Never met you in the flesh mate but I can tell you are far from basic legs

Either through connections in the Spanish cannabis club scene or criminal circles in Europe, in my case it was both. It was an experience I personally wouldnā€™t recommend unless maybe if you are in your early 20ā€™s without a care in the world but for me it was pretty hectic and one of the hardest periods in my life. Itā€™s another world out thereā€¦

12 Likes

I donā€™t have either so Iā€™m out :joy:

4 Likes

That sums up my time in Morocco quite accurately! :rofl: Never made it to Marrakesh though. I arrived via ferry from Spain, made my way down the Atlantic side from Tangiers to Asilah, then Rabat. At that point we turned back north and east toward the Rif mountains and Chefchouen. Crazy times! This was in 1989 before cell phones and internetā€¦

8 Likes

No lie, the pics got my Barbados threadsnake doin the wiggle :rofl:
giphy

5 Likes

You better settle that one eyed purple headed serpent down there broo :joy::joy:

4 Likes

th-3134903202

6 Likes

Maybe too far, sorry :woozy_face::laughing:

4 Likes

No, all good @Natea ! Itā€™s funny! :joy::+1:

3 Likes

Haha good. Side note, I just found my next Halloween costume

4 Likes

Pardon me if Iā€™m asking too much, what would you say is the best method to germinate 10000+ seeds?
My guess would be these seed tray we normally use for tomatoes, ā€¦

images (24)

3 Likes

Prolly direct sow into root riot plugs or something. Pre soaking and sowing that number of seeds would be a pain

4 Likes

Just started this video on pheno hunting from FCP the other day and the dude talks about strategies for popping large numbers of seeds:

Basically just that: root riot plugs or Rockwell cubes direct sown. Soak/paper towl and aggregate down for smaller numbers

7 Likes

Thanks brother :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

No sweat man, watched a little bit of it just the other day so that info was front of mind

3 Likes

Great question bro and the answer is actually why I went(not by choice) from being an assistant to ā€œhead growerā€ in 2 weeksā€¦ the 2 Spanish dudes who were meant to be in charge decided to try germinating 60,000 seeds in paper towels šŸ¤¦šŸ½ They basically killed them all, lost ā‚¬60,000 and got fired, in the end that loss came out of my pocketā€¦ I wonā€™t get in to it but I got fucked hard.

In the end we used those seed trays, just slightly bigger. As @LegsMahoney said the soak and normal seed preparation just isnā€™t possible. We had about 40 guys working through the night planting the seeds and running them in to dark ā€˜garagesā€™ fair to say we lost maybe another 5 to 10k seeds from the local guys pocketing themā€¦ canā€™t blame them really. So fair to say the season was doomed from the get go.

If I ever had to do it again(which I wonā€™t haha) Iā€™d just go straight in to the ground in some finished compost. Tricky part with that though is correct watering levels.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread @Budderton back to snakes from the hips and chicken lips :joy:

13 Likes

image image

Hey @Budderton bro,
I still havenā€™t done anything with the :point_up_2:revegged f1 of your ā€˜A9ā€™ pheno of the La Affie S1 x Afghani HP - except for taking a few cuttings a couple of days ago.
Im getting a mostly pine smell with a dash of cream smell from the dried weed though im still curing the weed from the clone i harvested, about x9 days ago now .?!
Iā€™ll have some space in my tent soon - as thereā€™s a couple of plants that are good for harvesting any day, like this Nepali Temple x Motherā€™s Milk clone :arrow_heading_down:

Iv got another couple of plants that im watching the trichs for ripeness, so Iā€™ll have some room in my tent for a couple more plants ( iv got a few other females in the same cab as the ā€˜A9ā€™ f1 mother.)

How far along are you with your Cobra Lips run .? Have you run some out before ? They have a lot of trichs on them, should be good for hash then .?!
Good vibes sent your way, mate ā€¦:facepunch:

Happy growing ā€¦ peeps ā€¦!

Gaz

18 Likes

Hey Gaz. That NT x MM looks scrumptious!

Right around 4 wks, post pollination. Probably getting close to 8wks since the flip. I plan on a couple more weeks of flowering, to let the seed mature fully.

Nope. First time. Iā€™ve got some cuts Iā€™m gonna run sensi.

Yes, for sure! Iā€™m looking forward to the trich harvest along with the seeds.
Positive vibrations towards you and yours, Gaz!:grin::v::canada:

9 Likes

The Lips are still alive and cooking along. Probably another week and then Iā€™ll cut the tops and put another week on the lowers.:grin::v:

54 Likes