OB's First Autos

As it says, I have never tried autos. The two I have chosen for this run are:

I was going to run Dark Devil, but that bean went flying on me. New bag opening protocols have been put in place :expressionless:

I have some of the pollen from my Tropicanna Poison run, so assuming it stays good long enough, I will brush it on to 1 bud on each plant. Havenā€™t messed with controlled pollination either, yet. So we shall see how it goes. Feel free to discuss whatever :smiley:

Totally forgot the deets:
Environment
3x3 TopoGrow tent
Top fed DWC (homemade)
Viparspectra XS2000
have a couple of those CO2 bags in the tent, not sure if they actually help
temp is usually around 68F to 74F.

Nutrients
General Hydroponics 3 part
Botanicare Hydroguard, CalMag, Silica Blast, and some MOAB in flower

22 Likes

I just dropped the dinafem Moby Dick will be watching.

1 Like

Have you ever tried it before? I looked it up on seedfinder and it sounds pretty good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best of luck on the grow @other_barry
Iā€™ll be curiously watching. I grew some Dinafem photos back a handful of years ago and thought they were pretty dang decent. Hope yours turns out dynomite!:boom:

3 Likes

ā€œOBā€, before it gets too crowded, kindly move that table there, Iā€™m gonna put my old Bean Bag in that corner. Since Autos tend to be ā€œshort runnersā€, I donā€™t wanna take the chance on missing anything. I envision complete success, Bro, SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Got a Bag of Ruffles Tater Chips, if interested.

5 Likes

I wish you the best on your first go with autos and the breeding project. Just an FYI, your seeds created will have about 25% chance of showing autoflower traits, itā€™s a possibility but a recessive traitā€‹:v::seedling::green_heart:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve eyeballed that mobydick XXL before, very curious to see how it turns out for you

1 Like

Iā€™ll pop a squat right next to @misterbee and Iā€™ll take you up on the ruffles. I promise I chew with my mouth closed! Iā€™m sure this plants will turn out aokay and are in good hands from what Iā€™ve seen!

3 Likes

I appreciate all you pros keeping an eye on me. Iā€™m terrified of messing these up. I donā€™t want to stress eat all your chips @misterbee

8 Likes

After watching your last run, @other_barry

Iā€™m pretty sure they will get BIG-

3 Likes

Hello, oh another growā€¦ donā€™t mind if I do. Need some auto education. I heard there is chips here.

5 Likes

Pulling up my bucket and following along good sir.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why I didnā€™t take notice of the dried up nutes before I put the tub back together, but hereā€™s hoping I can clean it up with water and elbow grease, so I donā€™t have to risk their safety

9 Likes

One of my all time favorites, Indiana bubblegum-

Good luck @other_barry ā€¦

1 Like

We have some real leaves starting to show up to the party. I will probably post a picture when I feed them tomorrow. Speaking of which, I have no idea how to know when to start on the flower nutes with autos. lol. guess I should figure that out before we get there.

@vaportrail I am excited. I have never tried bubblegum before. Moby Dick, either, for that matter.

4 Likes

Good luck on your first auto run! Whatā€™s your setup? Iā€™m planning on running autos for the inaugural run of my cabā€¦ just need to get it built lol. Already have most of the parts I need.

1 Like

Iā€™m only on my 7th and 8th auto but I feel like itā€™s pretty easy to tell when to start your flowering nutes. Iā€™d love to know if there is a science to it thou!

1 Like

Hey @ChronicMcBudz thanks :slight_smile: I hadnā€™t realized I skipped that part. I will add this back to the first post too, but here it is.

Environment
3x3 TopoGrow tent
Top fed DWC (homemade)
Viparspectra XS2000
have a couple of those CO2 bags in the tent, not sure if they actually help
temp is usually around 70F to 75F.

Nutrients
General Hydroponics 3 part
Botanicare Hydroguard, CalMag, and Silica Blast

You making a stealth cabinet grow? I think those always look so cool. I hope you do a grow log for it.

3 Likes

So you are fully on board the auto train? What makes you prefer them?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been talking about growing for years. One day jokingly told wife that Iā€™m going turn her hutch into a stealth cab. To my surprise she said yes! Have a really cool neighbor that turned me onto this site and help screw couple bulbs in and put it together, soil and starter seeds and all. Figured be a good stepping stone for learning about the plant more and how itā€™s life cycle is. All crammed into 70 days and less room for error. Just got my tent and inline fan delivered. buying some strips to build a light then will play with some photos in it but I have a feeling Iā€™ll always have a sweet spot for them. Espically since the neighborly sensei prefers landraces and photos to give a little bit of diversity to the neighbor Hood! I have a grow log for the first set of plants I startedā€¦ That I desperately need to update today. Lol once I get the new tent all together and filled up Iā€™m going start a new one to keep running for the whole year between the two spaces!

3 Likes