FirstCav's first pollination attempt

I wanted to start a journal on my first try at pollinating some plants. I plan on using Doug Dawson’s awesome Blue Kush pollen and some Blue Sunshine pollen I got from a trade here with another member.
The ladies in waiting are Northern Lights #2 and Purest Indica from Authentic Genetics and my Pre 98 Bubba Kush clone. It’s been about 12 days since flip and the girls are looking healthy and starting the stretch. I’ll be dusting them at day 21 and day 28 from flip and trying as best as I can to only pollinate certain lower branches as this is meds for me and my wife and I’d like the bulk to be seedless.
They’re being grown in Roots Organic soil with Dr Earth dry amendments and occasionally some Molasses and Epsom salt as needed. I’m using a 5x5 tent and a Spider Farmer SF7000 light I won in a contest last fall. The light draws 650 watts from the wall and I’m running it at about 60% right now with plans to increase as flower progresses. All comments and helpful suggestions are welcome. Thanks for checking my journal out and happy growing!!

NL #2

Purest Indica 1

Purest Indica 2

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

50 Likes

Very cool bud, best of luck on your adventure. I will be hanging out over here under the tree watching the show :v:

7 Likes

Sweet. I’ll be settled in to see this for sure. Hope it all goes beyond your wildest expectations!

4 Likes

Thanks for the chance to do this by sharing your pollen so generously. I have big hopes for the NL x Blue Kush cross especially. The bubba kush is going to be interesting but I think the bubba genetics are pretty dominant from what I’ve read. Super glad to have you checking them out but now I’m nervous because your plants look like CoverGirl models and mine usually look like…let’s just say not that😁

10 Likes

LOL, brother I just try to keep them alive until harvest. Don’t sweat it, you got this. Nothing to be nervous about. OG is a community bud and all here to support you and all growers. Just do your thing and all will work itself out :v:

7 Likes

Hell yeah! Plopping my ass down and watching this. That Blue Sunshine pollen came from @VAhomegrown and is doing its thang in my tent. Good luck, you got this!!!

6 Likes

Thanks for that, I couldn’t remember for the life of me which member it came to you from. Can’t wait to see what you come up with. I replanted the two clones today and there doing great. They’re sharing space with an extra Bubblegum clone and an extra Grape Punch clone if you’re interested, just DM me.

6 Likes

I remember when you won that light!!! Glad to see it’s doing you right!!! Good luck on this run and the “slight” pollination!!!
:pray::pray: for the best!!!

3 Likes

Great looking plants! :heart_eyes:

And two great Pollen Donors…

Sending good vibes your way!

4 Likes

Thanks, yeah it’s the only reason I spend time on that forum now. I owe them a grow journal in return for the light. Plus I have some friends I like to check in with.

6 Likes

Seed making, alllllright!
I’m in :+1:

Taking notes for my next run.

4 Likes

Im very interested to see how this goes! I have some pollen from this big don male that i flowered a few months ago sitting in the freezer, i just wasnt sure what to try to put it on :man_shrugging:t3: so this will b fun to see ur results :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m bout to hit plants with that same blue Kush pollen! Best of luck to you creating some killer seeds

4 Likes

Greetings @FirstCavApache64,

This is an exciting project and I’ll be following your progress.

I am just finishing a selective pollination run with six crosses and it looks like I will be getting both seeds and seedless bud for headstash.

I started dusting with pollen at about three weeks flower and I wish I’d waited a bit longer. I’m getting about 50-60 seeds per branch but the seed-mom plant was much smaller than yours.

Details here, if you are interested.

Frankie’s Daughters: Unpacking a Frozen Genome - #71 by GrouchyOldMan

Best of Luck,
-Grouchy

9 Likes

The plants are looking nice and healthy and the stretch continues. The NL#2 has been a pale green throughout and adding Cal Nitrate for the extra N didn’t seem to make any changes so I’m just going to let it ride unless I see obvious deficiencies.

16 Likes

I will be following along too. Just won some blue kush pollen from @DougDawson .
Your plants look great :fire:

5 Likes

That’s awesome that he’s giving so many people a chance to use his pollen. There are going to be some great crosses to come out of all his work. Do you know what you’re going to pollinate yet?

6 Likes

No, still deciding what to run outdoors this summer. I’m limited to strains that finish in my zone. I’ll pick the best of the plants outside and pollinate a few branches with the blue kush.
Winters I run a tent indoors so that will be another chance at pollination.

2 Likes

Got some of it too, big baggie, hitting a bunch of strains with it, hoping something cool comes out of these

LA Pure Kush
Grape Juice Cocktail
Cobra Lips
Grape Stomper x Sour Grapes
Bubblegum
Snow-G

7 Likes

I just got Bubblegum and Grape Punch snips that I rooted. Have 2 of each and I was toying with the idea of the exact same thing if I have any leftover pollen from this tent. Those Cobra Lips seeds sounded really good when I looked through the co-op run for them. Hope you get some great combinations.

7 Likes