Complete tear down, help

I tore down the flower tent to get a fresh start The last grow had a herm and it need a total cleaning.
Good time to reorganize. Sorry the dog was typing.
I can’t get photos to load. Same as they are always are that load.

I am constricted by outlets and location of lower opening for in take.

First Question; Is it ok to put the scrubber on the outside? This would allow me to raise the lights 8-10 inches higher.

Second Questions; I want to clean as though I had mites to make sure.

16 Likes

Did it throw pollen everywhere or are you just taking precautions?
Sometimes I miss using a tent lol, clean up after making some crosses cans be a pain in a room… that shit goes EVERYWHERE

3 Likes

Water kills pollen. But anyways where does the exhaust from this tent go? Im tearing down right now also but i got 4 rooms to tear down so i feel your pains. My issue was mites. You should be able to just wipe everything with bleach water if its just a tent. Take fans and rinse em off in shower( but watch the motors)inside tent id just spray all the walls abd cieling with mild bleach water ,its gonna be hard to breathe though. Then i wipe all surfaces with microfiber cloths and keep ringing em in 5 gal bucket of clean water. Pretty much everything just needs wiped down good but im no teardown pro there might be easier ways. Lights n all should be wiped off with microfiber cloths.

3 Likes

Yes scrubber can go outside tent

3 Likes

Yes, and pollinated all flowers. The scrubber pre filter was loaded and I dropped it everywhere. THAN, I remembered I should have sprayed it first.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I do vacuum water and bleach. That’s why I miss the tent sometimes lol wiper down and back at it

3 Likes

How late in flower are you?

I just exhaust into the room. Just for smell and movement.

My goal is to clean as though I had mites. I never saw anything but had thread only seen with the scope. We thought my Pooton’s hair she is 4.5lbs. I should have seen them with the naked eye. So, what are you doing to clean? After I get this together, I planed on doing something with the veg plants before bring them into this and than tearing down the veg tent. Any idea on what to do with the vegging plants

:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Im stripping the rooms trashing all fabric pots all old soil putting the rest of plants( 1-2 ft clones )outdoors then pyrethium tr bombing the entire house then ill go through vaccuum and wipe all surfaces with bleach rinse fans in shower wipe the hps hoods inside and out and pulling bulbs pulling both air conditioners n cleaning or replacing them that should take 3 days then ill pop another round of tr foggers to catch anything missed and start setting up again. Ill spray essential oils to deter future bugs from outside. Lots of work. But like i said my issue is bugs that had tvs and couches set up in the rooms. I was severely slacking and let them take control now i got to trash 30 plants. But im gonna put em outside see if i can get lucky. Theyll probably get found but at this point no loss. Im just wanting to pop some new seeds and move forward.

2 Likes

My horrible mess looks like this. This just one room. The paint will go to the dump with trash

this tge big room im probably going to make new flower area. The other is a room just like this but sectioned to 2 veg closets and a4x8 tent. I might toss the tent turn the sectioned room to veg/ clone room and hang 4 hps in this room. So far i got a whole truck of trash.

6 Likes

Veg plants id just spray with insecticidal soap then rinse after hour or 2 with clean water. If you scoped n didnt see bugs. I had mites so bad they were sunbathing on top the leaves. I could see them naked eye like you said. Russets need scope but spidermites i can see by eye. The tr foggers supposed to be the chit. Better be for $30 a piece for 2oz bombs. They say 50,000 cubic feet each.

4 Likes

Hello friend.

I’m not fully understanding why you’re tearing down. Maybe you have stated why somewhere else but I haven’t seen that, if you did.

Are you tearing down because you had a Hermie (caused by free flowing pollen (something I did read)) or you had bugs?

I’d like to help.

rollitup,
WHAB

3 Likes

I used them once. Do to the layout of the two story Mother-in-law apartment. I had to build a temp wall around the stairs as I keep my Parrots upstairs in the bedroom. When I tear down for the Summer, I will put up another wall and bomb the basement.

I just cut them all down and they are in the dry closet.

I am tearing down for pollen. But, doing that much work I want to clean for bugs just in case.

It was set up in '17 so a good cleaning is in order. I am staring in the corner with the flower tent,(dinning room) Than working out from there (Living room) ending with the kitchen area.
The basement is 4ft underground with the front at ground level.

5 Likes

Okay. Thank you.

I have no experience with airborne pollen. I defer to those with experience.

As for ‘bugs’. IF they are crawling bugs, even those with wings that occasionally crawl, Diatomaceous Earth.

IF I can ever be of any assistance please ask.

Regards,
WHAB

2 Likes

I am looking at replacing the air scrubber. I was going to change out the carbon but, it is pop riveted together.

5 Likes

Carbon Filters are usually filled with some type of vibrating machine so that it packs the carbon properly. Not sure how much of that is marketing or how much is actually functional mechanics to a proper scrub. (maybe someone else can chime in).

As far as a good cleaning… If you have a sprayer that helps. Take out those racks and wash them, wipe down all surfaces, and change replace your ducting if you want. Not too much more to worry about.

The carbon filter is usually best to pull through… but you can put it outside and push air through it.

3 Likes

Respectfully, @G-paS … pop rivets are some of the easiest fasteners to work with.

If you’d like me to walk you through it I’d be happy to help.

WHAB

2 Likes

I just orders the AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 6". It was 1/2 the price of mine that I got in '17.
Thanks WHA. I wasn’t thinking. Yeah, I know drill out and replace. Just means I have to dig thru the work shop to locate the riveter and rivets. It isn’t a task I am up to yet.
When It is warmer I will have to get a dumpster for the trash, stuff to save for a farm yard sale and stuff I need to keep.
Easier to get a new one with screws. :grin:

2 Likes

The Vibrating Machine (not that one you freak) is necessary to pack the carbon onto the filter housing otherwise the carbon filter will have a dead spot (Gap with no carbon) that will allow unfiltered air flow through. The majority of cheap carbon filters have this dead spot.

5 Likes

That’s a sweet unit! Nice buy!

I just checked Amazon and a suitable pop rivet gun with an assortment of rivets is right at $20.

But I think you made the right decision! That’s a very nice setup!

Can you say where you live, what state? I ‘might’ be able to help with the sorting, once I get this sorted out here! I only have a few things to get up and running and this system will pretty much run itself (the Hydro stuff, not the Soilless stuff winky).

Edit Add: IF you question my sorting abilities of what to keep and what not to keep, look at my last post, then Light Cage post. winky I ‘might’ be infected with Keepitis! ROFLMAO

WHAB

1 Like