COMPLETED - Crop King - New York Sour Diesel, now with White Widow

Genetic…
I mean, unless you aren’t cutting her leaves I can’t see how it could be your doing… :wink:
DS

1 Like

Thanks for stopping in @ReikoX!
It’s been pretty fun so far. Learning lots about autos, remembering how much i actually like growing plants.

3 Likes

Thanks @Dee.S73, out of the five crop kind NYSD seeds, two have been weird so far; one in the last round, and one seems to be going the same direction this round. The two WWs are looking much better, growing much faster and healthier. Funny thing, those WWs were the free samples…

1 Like

How’d you get free samples from CKS ?

1 Like

@cogitech, bought my pack at a retail location. They had single seeds of WW as a freebie when you bought 5. I guess the young lady behind the counter must have though I was handsome and gave me two free seeds. She was probably high though…

2 Likes

Looks like my FIM failed - probably cut too far from the growing node. On the positive side, the lower branches got a bit of a boost.

@ReikoX, @Mr.Sparkle both of you do autos – do you think i should give the FIM another shot, or LITFA? Height is really not a constraint in my case, just wanted to break their backs later and use more of the light.

Fed their last feeding of 1/2 strength yesterday, going to 3/4 (EC 1.2-1.3) next watering

3 Likes

LITFA, my revenue stream can use a boost. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

LOL roger that. I guess an unmolested plant is not that bad… Well, semi-molested. Circumcised really – tip is intact :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It may still have been enough to redistribute the auxin dominance, making a bushier plant.

2 Likes

can always flop over a top later if you want to adjust things

1 Like

So now, after some time in the jars I can give somewhat of a report.
Second hand report… I barely smoke - this is all for my wife :slight_smile: I literally put a peppercorn-sized bit in a pipe and that gets me high for hours, so I don’t taste much. I could probably be hitting the empty pipe and getting high off the resin build up for 3 weeks before it runs out…

But the better half says it is quite smooth, does not burn the throat, rolls easy and gets her just as high as the stuff we’ve been buying with about 1/2 of the amount. She’s very happy. And that makes me even happier.

I tried a tiny bit. Got high :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall I would say very good quality smoke. Buds are a little airy, and trim job was lazy, but nonetheless better than anything we’ve bought in years.

3 Likes

That is awesome brother! Nothing like smoking on buds you grew yourself, especially when they’re better than the stuff you’ve been buying, and you know the saying " happy wife, happy life!" :grinning:

2 Likes

Quick update on these - nothing much to update. Coco still moist; some decent branching happening on WWs, NYSDs are still a little behind but growing nicely. NYSD still untopped; i’ll wait for a while longer. I liked how they grew out topped last time, so will do that shortly.

At this point they are 3 weeks from sprout. Not bad?

White Widow:

New York Sour Diesel:

2 Likes

Those look like some pretty healthy girls to me!

1 Like

4 days since last feeding, so fed/watered today.
Upped the feed to EC 1.3 (650ppm) combined
Calmag full strength (noticed a tiny bit of purple on the petioles)
B-Vitamins full strength
Silica 1/2 strength
A+B at 1ml/L each

Topped the NYSD - at 4th, as I did last time. NYSD growth rates are noticeably slower under identical conditions. But faster than what they did in soil. Too bad i didn’t keep the log of soil from the beginning.

White Widow:

NYSD:

Room at 23.5C, 18/6

4 Likes

Well, they are growing. White widows definitely out-performing the Diesels, by a large margin.
Did not need to feed today, but getting on the lighter side in terms of pot weight. Will get them tomorrow.

Diesels are, however, starting to get some pep in their step. I think i’ll up all of their feed another 1/3 tomorrow. Let’s see what it takes for them to start complaining.

White Widow:

Diesel:

3 Likes

3 weeks and 2 days from showing their first leaves

Diesels started to stretch a bit. It was feeding time so gave them 840ppm of a+b, vitamin, silica, and about 100ppm calmag. Also put in bud factor x. I have a jug I gotta use up, so why not…

This is diesel, not awesome for its age I dont think.

This is WW. Pretty awesome for its age I think.

3 Likes

That ww is sure a robust plant, but for it’s age I’d say the diesel is right on track.

1 Like

Thanks @SeymourGreen! I guess I’m expecting miracles here :slight_smile:

Just really really want to do better than dirt, and really want to get to like autos :sunny:
The whole no-flipping thing and no separate spaces and no cloning is sounding pretty damn attractive.

2 Likes

I feel you on that. One of the triple cheese I got going has that old school skunky smell to her and I’d really like to clone her, but I only have the one tent right now. Never did autos, but I’m looking forward to trying out the ones @ReikoX was kind enough to send. As for the coco this is only my second run and I think I’m getting the hang of it lol! Even with all the issues with my first run, I got over a qp off just the liberty haze alone which is encouraging enough to keep on with the coco.

2 Likes