Completely New to Organics, help needed!

Edit and why I don’t understand, it’s used in vaccines and chemtrails for weather control.

Again, just posting the info cause I had it. I use Basalt, but not going to knock azomite, GRD, etc.

1 Like

Thanks all for the insight on azomite! Got a little bit left, will probably use it up on some of my outside ornamental flower beds and switch to the other minerals mentioned in this thread.

2 Likes

Basalt has almost twice the amount of the ingredients in it compared to other rock dusts, and is cheaper to buy here.

2 Likes

I like basalt and glacial rock dusts both. I believe in diversity. :grin:

5 Likes

After the work and study it took for my first topic, The Ebner Effect on Cannabis seed I became interested in the electromagnetic interaction plants have with the air, soil, Sun and Moon.
What particularly interested me was the effect ParaMagnetic(attracts matter) Rock has on plant growth.
Otherwise known as lava sand, PMR doesn’t have any mineral value in and of itself, it does however increase the energy flow through the soil enabling plants to have greater access to diametric(does not attract) matter.
For further info on this amendment and a very good organic supply store see here: http://www.gardeniq.com/paramagnetic-rock

I do not yet have the resources to do a side by test as I really am intent on the continued development of my living soil recipe.
I won’t share much on that yet as I still think it needs a few more grows to prove it out.
One thing I have found is with PMR and other rock dusts, recycling your soil becomes an actual refining process as the soil becomes better with each grow.

5 Likes

Swap perlite for rice hulls ftw

2 Likes

@spaceman, you may find this interesting then. A guy by the name of Wade Laughter swears he increased plant health and productivity by grounding his indoor containers. He is the same guy who bred Harlequin too.

3 Likes

Thanks for the name and tip.
I tried that first, simple to make a ground that just attaches to your outlet.
Very successful grow if I recall, didn’t take notes, didn’t have OG then either.

My next grow will feature a third gen recycled mix w/ PMR and grounded pots though I’m gonna ground them to the center I-beam of my house.

3 Likes

FYI most basalt is paramagnetic, part of the reason I add it.

6 Likes

So I am running into an issue… I am under a time constraint (as in I wont be back for 4ish months) and I can find all of my amendments to my soil except the basalt / rock dust, Gypsum, and Biochar. Would it still be OK if i added all of the other listed amendments to the mix, let it compost for a good three months, then before I use it, add the basalt / rock dust, Gypsum, and Biochar then use it a few weeks later? Or should I hold off and mix it all at once and let it compost for three months with EVERYTHING in it?

2 Likes

Hi @BDGrows,
Check the link in my post above, pretty sure they have biochar too.
The Rev of True Living Organics fame puts everything in and cooks it for minimum 3 weeks if I recall.
Gypsum should be available at any hardware/garden supply 40lbs for less than $10.

Now that I’m a veteran of several TLO grows, I found it safe to add composted cow and chicken manure on the first 1" of soil I put in my pot.
Sprinkle a little mix of paramagnetic rock and greensand (1/4tsp) on top of the manure then more soil as a buffer for the roots.

Good luck!

space

2 Likes

That is very interesting, I ground myself a lot, more in the summer than winter, never thought about plants needing it.

You can see with Kirlian photography the difference in a plants bio energy when its organic or sprayed with herbicides and pesticides and salt based ferts, I wonder if it would show a difference with grounded and non grounded.

2 Likes

Yeah the gypsum is super cheap! And thank you for that link, I am going to pick some up, hopefully they can get it here asap!

3 Likes

Looks like you’re well on your way. Riekos been so on point I haven’t really had anything to add lol. Heres a pic of my recipe for amendment mix, foliar mix, cover crop, and feed schedule. It works really well with ROLS and prolly even better with a no till situation.

4 Likes

Yeah man I think you could add those amendments after and let it sit for two weeks or so. Personally I have planted in a mix like you have in 4-6 weeks with no issues.
@BDGrows where are you in the world…not exactly just general …Europe…US northeast…Canada?

I know some will not like this. Mainly because you do not know exactly what you get out of a bag. But I have substituted high quality hardwood charcoal for biochar in a pinch. You will need to charge the charcoal with some fish emulsion or something… I guess if it sits for 4 months it will charge itself.

This is the brand I have used.

One thing we all forgot. MULCH MULCH MULCH!
Get a mulch. You can use straw but I like rice hulls(they are way cleaner). Mulching changed my soil life. Nature does not have bare soil. If it does it drys out and becomes a desert. Mulch keeps that top layer from drying up and gives the worms and such a place to hang without drying up!

6 Likes

Glad someone mentioned it! Yes, straw or rice hulls work well. You can even use shredded newspaper in a pinch. It gives the beneficial bugs a place to live, helps maintain moisture, and gives the worms something to munch on.

3 Likes

I am on the West Coast, its just amazon is being a dog with delivering lately, the charcoal is a good idea! I was planning on using straw as a mulch as ive seen a ton of people do; but I read that using rice hulls is beneficial in the soil as well as a mulch due to when it breaks down it contributes silica to the soil; plus it makes great mulch (and its pretty cheap)

1 Like

@BDGrows like mentioned earlier with recipes very similar to this Iv haven’t seen anything in their that would require a “cooking period “ mix in plant and water and watch it go!

4 Likes

Indoor worm farm prohibited (prohibitionist reasoning wife) my glacial rock dust, mined volcanic rock dust and my azomite are high in radioactive isotopes,strontium and aluminum. Rice hulls almost killed my plants, lava rock is 3 million dollars an ounce, my peat moss is enough to make Greta send me an e-mail. The sun in my house grow light is 8500 cdn. and my plastic pots are not biodegradable. How come organic guru’s are always yelling at hydro growers? Pleading them to return to the bullshit that is “organic”, I’m goin’ hydro…clean and healthy…tests prove it. FUCK!

1 Like