Compost Tea additives

Just want to get an opinion on a tea addition on a batch I will be brewing and applying to the lawn with a hose end sprayer want to try or was thinking about AZomite! Issue with clogging when applying? Pretty sure I can get most nutrients from Kelp any try it ?

So you can use an old t-shirt or cheese cloth as a bag to help with clogging. I top fed my lawn with worm compost and that did the trick. I would just do kelp meal and castings.

3 Likes

I agree, but would also use neem. I have a bunch of old ferments I thought about doing the same thing with. :thinking:

2 Likes

@ReikoX would there be a significant benefit for lawn application with neem though?

1 Like

All the same benefits it gives plants. Probably help with bugs too, I know I get lots of hoppers in my lawn in the summer.

1 Like

@ReikoX Good to know I get those little bastards also there worse some years! What would be your recommendation? What your thoughts on adding neem meal and if so a cup or so per 5 gallon to the tea or would the oil be better ? Would it need emulsified also?

1 Like

Same as I do for my plants: 1/2 cup kelp meal and 1 cup neem meal in 5-6 gallons of water. I put it in a tea bag and let it soak for 8-12 hours stirring occasionally. In fact I may do this for my lawn this year and try it myself.

1 Like

i just read today you can use lawn clippings steeped for a few days as a source of nutrients

1 Like

Doesn’t hurt! I’v noticed more Protozoa when soaking fresh grass in water for a day or then looking at them with microscope! It’s a who eats who type of scenario completing the SOIL, Food,Web cycle!

Flax seed meal … Compost …
Alfalfa that green … Comfrey … Aguave sugar and eggs was the last one I made… And it seems to be working pretty killer. Everyone has their own witches brew

2 Likes