Connoisseur genetics?

Anyone familiar with this breeder? They have a lot of strains that have been catching my eye. Doesn’t look like there are any US suppliers though.

7 Likes

Is a UK breeder. Ojd is what he goes by. Never tried any of his gear. Was in business with Tru Canna but they had some disagreement about something or other. He’s on icmag a lot. You could check there for more info.

6 Likes

I ran his Australian Dead Head, was solid gear. Lots of his things look good to me.

4 Likes

I have tested for Connoisseur way back in the day… great genetics! Still a pretty solid lineup to this day! Yes… there was some falling out with Canna. I reccomend them (OJD)

☆DJSF

3 Likes

Make sure if you’re ordering direct with him to specify your country in your address, and to generally make sure there are absolutely no problems with your order. If you don’t, you may go through a similar ordeal as me.

I accidentally left off USA from my address when I placed a $700 order and the original shipment never got to me. Because my address is in New Mexico (USA), he said he thinks it went to Mexico (the country).

He couldn’t produce an original tracking number to tell what went wrong, so couldn’t prove he shipped in the first place. He did say he would resend but basically drug his feet forever for absolutely no reason. I spent 10 months waiting for him to resend, all the while he just kept making excuses in very unprofessional email exchanges, usually trying to make sure I knew he was blaming me.

When I finally got on his Instagram feed and began posting messages asking what was up, he finally got back to me and said he would resend but I would have to remove my comments, which I did.

He sent me another order, which came from the UK to NM in about 6 days, which is fantastic, but I learned he substituted about half of the items for others due to unavailability. I did not get to choose.

Let my experience be a warning. Double check your address, but also, work with breeders who are 100% professional, run their operations like a true business, and have excellent customer service.

I’m sure his catalog is fantastic, and I’ve enjoyed growing some of the strains I purchased previous to this debacle, but I just can’t see going back. There are too many other excellent breeders now, especially in North America.

17 Likes

FWIW, he also posted recently that he has a US based distributor now so maybe that will make things better.

3 Likes

Do you know the name of the distributor?

Just some guy he has in the states that re-ships I think.

2 Likes

What strains did you enjoy? Just curious

I really wanna try some of his cheese crosses

We had a cut of Chemmy Jones for a few years that would knock an experienced toker back a bit! It had that sour skunky fuel funk, too! I miss her!

☆DJSF

2 Likes

Girl Scout Haze Cookies mostly. I kept a cut for about 4 years.

1 Like

He has a seed desk/section/area at Bean Basement. Not selling from there however.

1 Like

Just copped these from Pure Sativa for 25 of the Queens English pounds and got some free rare dankness beans on top. Not bad. Germ ‘em later in the year.

3 Likes

Yes I understand that now , but when ordering from overseas you need to include a country as someone from overseas doesnt know that.

I just copied the addy the customer sent me and put Mexico on the bottom

3 Likes

if the customer is spending that kinda money i would hope you might spend a moment to verify the address. one approach would be to past the address into google. it will correct minor formatting errors, and add the appropriate country code if youre IP is from a different country.

2 Likes

Nothing more American than not listing a country in your address for an order coming from overseas.

“they should have known”

4 Likes

I do that everytime when no country is listed but as ive said 3 or more times now i thought that was the country .

I can see and remember your name as having a grudge so il take your constant comebacks with a bong rip of Resin

6 Likes

fair enough. you and i have never spoken but i understand your sentiment. i have family in mexico. the difference between new mexico and mexico is about the same as the difference between a chicken and a dinosaur. ya theyre related but theyre not the same.

4 Likes

Hi @Connoisseur_Genetics welcome to OG! I just got some of the seeds Tony Green made with your Original Diesel S1, thanks for that project, I’m an old SD head and I miss the Staten Island/Albany cuts a lot. I’m glad to hear you’ve got a stateside distributor now? I’m not really willing to order from overseas with the state of mail and customs nowadays but if your seeds are available from a US sender that’s a whole other story!

5 Likes