Old School Breeders Association - Garlic Bud

Has anyone ever used Old School Breeders Association for seeds? (Oldschoolba.com).

I’d been on the hunt to find some Garlic Bud (an older Seed Bank varietal) as I am trying to get down with some Afghans of late.

They had it, I ordered it and received it. Was a bit of pain - but it eventually got shipped. They’re in BC so didn’t take long to get here.

It appears they’re aligned with Reeferman, which I didn’t clue in on until after the purchase… I don’t know his story but I know he’s been around and unfortunately has a pretty dubious past of racist shit that I don’t condone 1 bit…

But I digress - has anyone grown Garlic Bud? It’s old school for sure. Anyone can speak on Reeferman’s genetic quality?

12 Likes

Try a small order and grow’em out …

1 Like

I have never grown that but I do enjoy a nice garlic terpene. I am currently growing some Garlic Grove from Compound Genetics, which is GMO (Garlic Cookies) X Legend Orange Apricot. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

7 Likes

Yup, that was some of the motivation. I grew Chem D and enjoyed that funk - certainly recognized the smell of that plant from weed back when I was younger.

Years ago when Legends Seeds was something I grew out a variety they had called the So. Cal Special which had garlic bud in it (just ran it outdoor)… sadly I really don’t remember much about it.

Regardless - I’ll run them and see what they’re about. Apparently reeferman did work directly with Neville for a bit so there is hope this could somehow be related to the real deal Garlic Bud from the Seedbank.

Well see soon enough… have some DJ gear to run in the fall and then I may pop these seeds.

3 Likes

Dave Scott (reeferman) was warning folks to avoid that web, he never had sent any seeds to distribute, it may be those guys are just reproducing their gear,but…

I thought you may wanted to know it

9 Likes

Ah! Good to know… it seemed as though something wasn’t 100% straight there.

They are responsive - like you can pick up the phone and call them - but not Very organized.

It’s funny when I emailed the other day askin about lineage the guy just said “D did work with Neville”.

Well we’ll see what comes of these… thanks for the heads up, I do appreciate it.

3 Likes

Ok - we’ll a little bit of research shows OSBA is indeed looking like some sort of reeferman rip off… so not looking like I should hold out much hope on authenticity.

I can even find where actually reeferman seeds are available to see if he even offers garlic bud.

Good times…

1 Like

I’ve talked to the owner at old school breeders association and Charles Scott about them having his gear.
Charles had nothing good to say but was very immature and rude about the situation.
The guy that runs osba told me Charles stole a bunch of money and things fell apart, he felt it was even to keep his genetics and sell them as what they are. He actually copyrighted reeferman so Charles can’t use it. So he did rip off the name and the genetics but in a real fuck you I’m keeping these mom’s and all the seeds kind of way, the gear is probably legit. This is probably why Charles lost all of his strains and is doing other things at this point.It’s hard to know who to believe but I’ve researched it alot and there is alot of old posts from reef himself that fit the story. Enough so that I plan on ordering one strain from them I’ve been trying to get. I saw a grow and the strain looked legit compared to reefs old photos.
You can find old posts on other forms where Charles provides the link to osba, when I questioned him on this after he told me there a rip off he cut off all communication with me.

15 Likes

Thanks!

I did some digging myself and eventually found posts where he did say he was part of OSBA. I also found a pic or two of Garlic Bud of him… so I started to have a bit of faith again.

Your post really helps illuminate things a bit. It’s so funny how business deals seem to go sour (and in the worst way) in the seed biz.

Regardless - lots more confidence in the pack I received now.

I appreciate the response :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Yea they’re legit, they even worked with Nevil.

Scott also stole some of Nevil’s gear.

2 Likes

Yeah I really wish I had order the silver leaf , j might next pay check if they still have it.

2 Likes

I grew some Garlic Bud years back. The cut that I had was rather odd, plants smelled of strong garlic during veg and early flower (like to the point that my clothes smelled like I had been working at an Italian restaurant after trimming) but as it got further into flower the smell developed into sweet/fruity/floral.

7 Likes

I have never ordered from there, cs was in the hospital for awhile and had a family member filling orders…i think thats how it was going like 2017

scott family farms is the source to order some old classics like pink kush s1’s
from the old hash plants from the HA
thought referman seeds was only charles scott ask him
talked to him personally myself seems he has his health and seeds in proper order now.
Maybe his son running the farm now, he apparently has a large plantation now

but i dont know for sure all i know is the pink kush looks nice
and the seeds are available from a reliable source
s1 pink

Look and ask and tell me ?
@prairieboy charles if you see this pop in and set me straight where im in error please :respect:

2 Likes

This is absolutely untrue , I never stole anything from anyone, I run a multi national 100% legal cannabis company with facility’s in 5 countries.
I could not sell black market anything and these bastards tried to steel our company.
The Canadian law made the reeferman name illegal as names and logo can’t appeal to kids our lawyer said it was not a good idea to take them to court and argue about who shipped seeds to the USA .

We changed the company name to Scott family farms and that was that .
I get dozens of emails from ripped off customers who have been sent crap seeds .
He also used Nevils name illegally.
The guys is a scammer !

Charles reeferman scott

9 Likes

They steal my pics where did I say I was part or OSB ? This is all bs

3 Likes

There is two sides or more to every story. I wasent there so I can only repeat what was said but it seems like you guys definitely don’t like each other and each feels wronged by the other.
The important thing here for people interested in your old genetics is determining if OSB actually has those lines or if they don’t. From what I’ve gathered it seems they do and your not happy about it. For me it realy dosent matter because I have no intention of running any of your lines from you or them so the authenticity of the genetics is for others to be concerned with.
I never said you sold anything on the black market nor implied that you stole anything that would belong there. It seems you two had an arrangement that went sour and both sides feel justified in there actions.
There was a time when I wanted to run your silver leaf but I’ve acquired enough strains from the same area and other similar regions to keep me happy for a long time.
Ugly details aside people here wanted to know if you had ever had any type of collaboration with them, and if so did they end up with some of your genetics as a result. From what I have seen and read it’s seems the answer to both would be yes.

2 Likes

They were medical seed sales MSs
We sold them seeds when I said We couldn’t sell them seeds anymore they ran with Reeferman genetics.

I never supplied him live cuts or pure bred lines , I once sprayed a tent with sts for him that was about it , I have herd this guy tell so many stories he even told people in Colombia he was me not expecting them to know me .
Bro I never have to work another day if I don’t want I turn away literally dozens of sales a day I breed for my own company use .
They will eventually release the seeds to the Canadian legal market , I have 5 farms with over xxx staff this stuff doesn’t matter I am telling you what he sells is not my work judge it on your own . I am exhausted with email and handing out free seeds to angry cats who think I sold them crap
Haha he can’t even speak with any intelligence about cannabis breeding.

5 Likes

It’s all to much drama for me to send anybody money for beans it would be neat to see that euro company finally release your gear though. Dident you have some male you called harmony you were working with…
The way I look at it even if they had some of your lines who knows what direction they have taken things or what they have mixed them up with so it’s not worth the risk to bother.

We won bio cup in Spain with Harmony I am
Out this is a waste of my time you are defending a guy who says he won cups he never attended haha seriously what i waste of my time .
Between this guy and Barney’s farm so much $ made from my work

4 Likes

Well I’m not defending him only repeating his side of the story , and yeah a lot of people have made a lot of money off breeders and often don’t give them the credit they deserve, seems to be a common issue in the community that always results in he said she said banter. If he was a reseller it is plausible he kept beans to make more with and would have some of your lines . Seems he is more into the one love company he is running atm anyways , funny how so many are in South America.
Sounds like you are doing good though and don’t need to worry about what some small time bean peddler is making off his claims.
I think most people who know you as reeferman would be deterred from OSB just based on there shameless use of your name.

1 Like