Cool Runnings

Yes, Iā€™m in late flower. I was running 65% during veg.

I could regulate the tent as low as setting 2 (during cooler temps in the lung room) & the RH was only minimally affected (-5%). I was shocked how little power it required, My previous setup was pulling 22W & I thought that was good, setting #2 is pulling 2 wattsā€¦ Now Iā€™m running at #4, thatā€™s 7 watts.
It is the volume of air moved that will affect the RH & being a smaller volume that will swing quicker (and recover quicker).
Iā€™m thinking your filter is adding significant back-pressure to your exhaust fan, Iā€™d suggest an experiment, try disconnecting the filter and see how it affects temp. and RH (assuming the plants arenā€™t too stinky yet). I doubt it will directly help the RH but if you can get to a reasonable on/off duty cycle the RH will have an opportunity to recover during the off cycle.

Donā€™t ditch those computer fans, they are great for stirring the air in the grow environment.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Ok, I like the idea of revisiting the duty cycle, maybe I could increase my temp control on/off range and increase fan speed (before trying to remove the filter; itā€™s not stink but Iā€™m looking down the road a bit)ā€¦
I believe you are correct and it might be a good strategy to sort of take a min to get the temps down and just sacrifice the RH for that moment as it should bounce back faster than the tempsā€¦ the only thing is, my box is made out of foam insulation, so it might tend to hold that temp a lil better than a tentā€¦

Also an update, as my lights got hotter, the fan (at lowest pwm setting) has stayed on and now itā€™s seems pretty stable at 82F and 65% RH coincidentally lol

2 Likes

Rooting for the runt

1 Like

Buds on Parade

The Sour Strawberries (head stash) is bulking up nicely.

They donā€™t like the light intensity as high as the Cool Runnings crew.

The Cool Runnings crew are busy making magic beans.

Getting close

21 Likes

Smoke test (#56, the dangling bud)

I broke a small branch while pollinating, such that it had only a tiny flap of skin still connecting it to the stem. Well, Iā€™ve been keeping an eye on it as it looked like a great tester bud. I harvested on the 9th and hung it in the tent for a couple days.

When vaping, thereā€™s a noticeable burr in the back of the throat, as you would expect from uncured weed but the flavour is really mild. Scissoring up some for the glass pipe to compare smoking to vaping. Much harsher smoking. Again, no discernible flavour, I think vaping is the way to test, no combustion products.
Disclaimer: I stressed the hell out of them so they really need to be grown properly for the best evaluation.

The high is strong, peaky & clear headed. About a 2.5 Hr Buzz and a second bowl hits like the first and itā€™s a creeper. Definitely ā€˜ideaā€™ weedā€¦ I could see tapping this a few times through out the day. Not for night use if you have any sleep issues.
At the top, you get that face distortion feeling, like your tongue is subtly thicker and your facial muscles are super relaxed.

face melt

Cyberpunk showed a smaller decrease in hand ā€“ eye coordination & fine muscle control than expected. Higher level mission planning ā€“ off line. :laughing:

Definitely Doom weed!

16 Likes

Great looking mommas you got there @Gpaw
:drooling_face::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks Swe-can!

It took me 2 days to smoke that budā€¦
I clipped & trimmed the 3 colas reserved for smoke testing and they are drying (above the lights) right now. Thereā€™s two phenos presenting, a green and a maroon (both have red stems).

Getting very close to bean harvest, like a kid waiting for Christmasā€¦

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Awesome looking Sour Strawberry :strawberry:ā€¦ Is this a strain that typically turn purple?

Also do you know if the 6" AC Infiniti fan is physically larger size then the 4"? Thatā€™s my next tent ā€œupgradeā€ for my 3x3ā€¦ Wondering if the 6" is crazy overkill on 3x3 :laughing:

5 Likes

All I can say is Iā€™m 2 for 2 on the red petioles. These are F3s so they are showing variation. :grin:
They like LST. You can do HST but carefully. They are busting out nugs all the way down. :thinking:
They have great potential for a manifold, Veg some extra so it will grow to a good size thru flower. They will fill inā€¦

I recall reading that but it had slipped below conscious memory TBA :laughing:

I could see a 6" in some scenarios, carbon filter, long run of flex tubing, fighting a temperature problem.

But looking at the numbers: 6 " fan = 400 CFMā€¦ 63 Cu ft. for tent volume so 6 air changes. Now thatā€™s max.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Haha Iā€™ll stick with the 4" then. My exuast is maybe 4 feet long before itā€™s out the window.

4 Likes

I noticed this when I tried a sample of my sssdh mom, no taste and no smell at allā€¦ guess when theyā€™re fully pollinated they donā€™t give you any terps at allā€¦

Mild and hemp taste almost.

Hope the others have some nice terps and a kick to them @Gpaw

6 Likes

Interesting observationā€¦
Well, I have clones, maybe I should tweak them up and throw them into flowerā€¦ :thinking:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

This thread is purely fascinating, absolutely love the depth of thought and research, thank you for its creation.

P.S My comment is;
Who doesnā€™t love a good experiment,
I shall return to devour the rest of the knowledge.

:v::green_heart: :smiley:

5 Likes

I have some cabinet fans and controller. Just bought a t4 system to go with their tent I got. For germ/clone/mom area. Which I was impressed withā€¦ Have 3 t6 out on the bigger cabinets.

3 Likes

Well, thank you for the kind words @Enlightened420, appreciated. :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

The Cool Runnings crew are finished today. The three females are hanging and drying so weā€™ll see the seed yield next week. I let them go a few extra weeks to get the seed as mature as possible. It was a good excuse to see what the plants would look like ā€˜post harvestā€™ period.

The ā€˜smoke testā€™ indicated that the high was strong, clear and energetic. That prompted me to prep the clones for a quick head-stash run.
I was experimenting on the clones with different structures to maximize clone cutting production and had to do whack them into shape for flowering.

Here they are up-potted to 5 gallon smart pots & raring to go!

I like this shot; the seeded three ladies ready to be harvested and their clones about to start flower.

The Sour Strawberries came down last week and are acclimatizing to the jars.

Iā€™ll vac pack in a day or so (depending on the relative humidity). These were from Daytripperā€™s F3 run.

Cheers
G

16 Likes

Wow, just stumbled across this thread and could not stop reading, that was super cool. Really impressive job going through this, thanks.

4 Likes

Hey thanks! I appreciate that!

This was the shakedown run for the ā€˜fall festivitiesā€™ā€¦ :speak_no_evil:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Happy harvest @Gpaw :star_struck::star_struck:

I hope you got enough of meds to make it thru all the way to the next harvest :yum:!!

That you definitely deserve

You did a great job on them that I can say for sureā€¦

And I do love that the stems are all red on the ladies in the back !

Overgrow the world brother and youā€™re doing a fine job on that :v::v::v::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I must thank you for entrusting me with your vintage stash of 2007 seeds!

It was a major practical learning experience covering popping the old magic beans, to cloning and selective crossings. All firsts!

Lots of errors along the way and notes taken that will make me better on the next project.

Thank you!
:sunglasses::+1:

Cheers
G

9 Likes